How about Ej Gaines?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Penguin.

Rookie
He is looking like one of the best CBs in the draft. I will be the first to say I called it. The Mizzou prospect really has everything except for elite speed and athleticism, but goodness he is smart. Him and Janoris are not doing bad at all. The question is, once Trumaine Johnson comes back, what happens? What should we do?

And sit Davin Joseph for the love of God. He is an embarrassment to the Rams. Play Robinson in his spot, or move Saffold to Davin's side and play Greg in Saffold's spot please. PLEASE.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Liking Gaines, cranial DBs are underrated in this league. I look forward to seeing him play once he has full understanding of the playbook, disguised coverage will easily force turnovers.

:OT: Man that's a lot of money for someone who doesn't post a lot. What are the next lottery numbers?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is looking like one of the best CBs in the draft. I will be the first to say I called it. The Mizzou prospect really has everything except for elite speed and athleticism, but goodness he is smart. Him and Janoris are not doing bad at all. The question is, once Trumaine Johnson comes back, what happens? What should we do?

And sit Davin Joseph for the love of God. He is an embarrassment to the Rams. Play Robinson in his spot, or move Saffold to Davin's side and play Greg in Saffold's spot please. PLEASE.
I dont think this is really a question. EJ Gaines has been VERY good so dont take this the wrong way but, he has done nothing to make me question whether or not Tru should be starting on the outside. I think its fairly simple, when Tru comes back he goes back to his normal position and Gaines moves inside

Penguin.

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What does the money on this forum stand for, and what's its use?

And, not dissing on Tru, but Ej seems to be outplaying Tru's tape from last year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What happens when Tru comes back? 1 of 2 things: Gaines plays the slot or Janoris slides into the slot in the nickel with Gaines taking his spot.

Trumaine won't lose his starting job. We're running a lot of press now which is ideal for Tru. Janoris is also safe in his job. But once all this happens, I really hope Joyner moves to FS. McLeod is still making a lot of mistakes. IMO, he's a better slot CB than safety.

Penguin.

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mcleod played the slot corner excellent last year against Arizona and Chicago.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Not real impressed with Joyner so far.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Mcleod played the slot corner excellent last year against Arizona and Chicago.
No. God no. Get McLeod off the field (off the roster would be better). I'm for JJ in the slot, Tru back to #1 and leave Gaines where he is.

Athos

Legend
Joyner rides the bench and Gaines takes the slot/nickel as the 3rd back.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
McLeod is the weakest link and a position I hope they address early in the draft next year.

I thought we'd have seen more from Joyner by now too honestly.

Love what we are getting from EJ Gaines though. He's played very well and getting back Tru should only help.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
No. God no. Get McLeod off the field (off the roster would be better). I'm for JJ in the slot, Tru back to #1 and leave Gaines where he is.
JJ struggled in the slot last year when he was asked to move inside, not his strength IMO.
Not sure that Joyner could be much worse than McLeod and certainly appears to have a higher upside- his range should compliment McDonald...

Tru comes back paired with JJ, move Gaines inside and Joyner back. See what happens

Gordito

UDFA
EJ has been very solid. He will only get better. I kinda like the idea of moving Joyner to McLeod's spot once Tru comes back.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Sad thing is, I feel like the defense as a whole played very well. A couple of miscues on S/T and the turnovers on offense really decided this game. If the defense played that well from the get go, we'd be at least .500 probably better.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I like Gaines to stay on the outside. His interception yesterday was textbook. I saw the same thing last night when Revis was on Green. The announcers were gaga over Revis......and we got someone who's just learning the position doing what the "best in the game" is doing......... Out-F&^%*$@#-Standing...........

It's coming together.....we just needs some W's along the way.

Rams0307

Gaines is doing a great job for a rookie. I really hope he takes Joyner's spot and they move Joyner to safety. He's not cutting it in the slot.

Rams0307

To add, PFF has EJ Gaines ranked as the best Rams cb right now, and he's rated 13th in the league. Not bad for a 6th rounder. ;)

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I thought we'd have seen more from Joyner by now too honestly.

To be fair, the DBs are put in a tough position when the defensive line can't get pressure, and Joyner IS a rookie. Joyner should get better, Gaines is the exception not the rule.