Houston Texans to be on Hard Knocks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Vic Carucci ‏@viccarucci

Hearing the #Browns are front-runners for next featured team on HBO Hard Knocks series.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I hope they get it! I don't want to see the Rams on Hard Knocks!!

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
When does the decision usually get made? I've never watched before.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams will be on Hard Knocks in 2016 with the stadium nonsense out of the way and settled one way or the other

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That sounds exciting.

deacon.gif

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Report: Browns in line for Hard Knocks
Posted by Mike Florio on March 22, 2015, 8:31 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/22/report-browns-in-line-for-hard-knocks/

The Factory of Sadness could be getting a closeup.

Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News, who previously worked directly for the Browns, reports that the Browns are the front runners to be featured on the 2015 edition of HBO’s Hard Knocks.

The Browns fall within the scope of the teams that can be forced in 2015 to do Hard Knocks. Only teams with new head coaches, teams that have appeared in the playoffs the past two years, and teams that have appeared on the series in the past decade can be compelled to open their training camp to the NFL Films cameras and microphones.

This year, the teams that fall within that category are the Browns, Texans, Titans, Jaguars, Washington, Giants, Vikings, Buccaneers, and Rams.

Last year, the Falcons volunteered even though they weren’t one of the eight teams that could have been required to submit.

In 2010, Browns coach Mike Pettine worked for the Jets when the Jets became the darlings of Hard Knocks, with Rex Ryan’s antics winning plenty of Emmys for folks responsible for producing the show.

Pettine and the Browns declined the opportunity in 2014; “Let’s get through the first year,” the now-second-year coach said at the time.

jjab360

Legend
I think they think this is last year when people actually gave a shit how long it took for Johnny Foosball and Josh Gordon to throw their careers away.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Ugh, great more Johnny Manziel BS. I cannot wait until he is declared as a bust and we all forget about him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Browns? Plz. Rams dammit. Fish would be a rock star on that show lol.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Rams will miss their window because they're making the playoffs this year...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams will miss their window because they're making the playoffs this year...
Great point!

But it would be cool to see Cleveland in the show. I mean how could it not be interesting to see a team eliminated from playoff contention during the pre season?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-knocks-narrowing-its-list-browns-not-on-it/

Report: Hard Knocks narrowing its list, Browns not on it
Posted by Darin Gantt on May 22, 2015

The Browns have one of the league’s top reality shows going anyway, but they don’t necessarily want it filmed around the clock.

And they may not have to worry about it.

According to Tony Grossi of ESPNCleveland.com, the Browns request to not be on the HBO training camp documentary has been granted. He mentions that the Redskins, along with the Bills and the Texans, are the likeliest subjects this year.

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle has confirmed that the Texans are one of three finalists, and a decision could come as soon as next week.

With quarterback Johnny Manziel easing back into the football world after a stint in rehab, the presence of cameras 24-7 would have only added a layer of ridiculousness to what is already going to be an unusual camp. The Browns made it clear that the Manziel situation made them uneasy with the prospect of doing the show.

And since NFL Films doesn’t really want an “unwilling participant,” the Browns appear to be off the hook this year.

There were nine teams eligible to be “drafted” to do the show this year, in addition to the aforementioned four: The Giants, Vikings, Bucs, Rams, Jaguars and Titans.

The Bills could have been exempt since they have a first-year coach, but they’ve never been on the show and could volunteer.

New coach Rex Ryan is one of the most colorful characters in the league anyway, and generally welcomes the attention the way he used to welcome a G-D snack.

But there were reports the Bills weren’t interested, so we’ll see if they follow through. They’d clearly be the most interesting of the teams mentioned in the report, guaranteed to be good summer television.

tbux

Rookie
With the stadium issues, I doubt we will be picked. I bet Wash gets it. They like attention- both HC and Owner- so I bet they are the choice. I wish it were the Rams, that would be very cool to watch up close, but Fisher is VERY against it, and Im betting he is in their ear about staunchly not wanting to do it.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Damnit. I want the Rams on it. I want to see Chris Long being a clown. And Johnny Hecker interviewing the HBO guys. I wanna see Jamon singing during the rookie introductions.

Make it happen Fisher!

jap

Legend
I believe all opposing offenses of the Rams defense will be victims of Hard Knocks this season

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/27/texans-look-to-be-the-choice-for-hard-knocks/

Texans look to be the choice for Hard Knocks
Posted by Mike Florio on May 27, 2015

hardknocksgetty-e1305913352749.jpg
Getty Images

Their head coach may not want it, but he’s apparently going to get it.

With all signs pointing to the Texans being the team that serves as the focal point for Hard Knocks in 2015, John McClain of the Houston Chronicle says via Twitter that he expects the Texans to officially get the assignment.

Coach Bill O’Brien, who comes from the Bill Belichick School of Absolute and Total Secrecy, probably isn’t happy about it. And as McClain noted during a Tuesday visit to PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio, O’Brien may have to watch his language with the NFL Films microphones littering the practice field. (Then again, that didn’t affect Rex Ryan.)

The Texans may not be the most popular choice, but they’ll have some intriguing story lines, including a quarterback competition, a star running back who has a history of being standoffish and obtuse with the local media, one of the very best defensive players in the game, and a No. 1 overall pick in the 2014 draft who is trying to regain his form after microfracture surgery. Plus, profane or not, O’Brien likely will be an engaging, entertaining, and compelling figure.

So while NFL Films and HBO could have done better, they also could have done a lot worse. The fact that they’ll be doing this year’s show with a team whose coach likely would have preferred to pass the baton suggests that maybe more teams coached by men who would be inclined to find a way out of the assignment will accept the fact that, eventually, every team will be doing it.