Hot Wing Challenge

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Gonna do a hot wing challenge on Sunday to be posted on Youtube. I have a couple victims and me and my son as well. 12 wings with our new hot sauce Stu-cidal Level 4. Gotta eat 12 wings with nothing to dilute it. I made a sauce with a tincture of ghost chili that I evaporated off the alcohol. Should be painfully fun.

To put it into perspective - I made a tincture out of Ghost Chili and grain alcohol - nothing else. I then evaporated the alcohol off until it was about 5% of original volume. I then made a sauce with approx. 5% extract. Sounds fairly tame - right? NOT. The extract I estimate is about 6 million on the Scoville scale. Gotta sign a waiver to even try the sauce.

Weeeeee

Stay tuned.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol. I enjoy hot wings...but why put yourself through that? I enjoy hot wings that I can taste. Good luck to you. :bigup:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Shit. Ghost chilis are insane.
Can't wait to see that.

bluecoconuts

Legend
That made me sweat just reading that! Good luck to both your mouth and your butthole, because it'll be hell coming and going!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
By the way, Stu, if I am ever in Oregon...I'll definitely be checking out your restaurant.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Post the link here, I gotta see you squirm

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Looking forward to the vid. Good luck with that ghost pepper acid.

I have actually entered and won a few hot wing contests and pepper eating contests. Back in my younger days the sauces weren't as sophisticated as they are today,,, and I could never find wings that I would consider too hot. When I ordered them at a wing place, I'd always give the same instructions... "I want the cook to be laughing because he thinks the wings will be too hot to eat". I never found any back then that I couldn't eat.

Then I found this tiny little shit hole of a wing place in Sanford, FL. This was about 18 years ago. The place didn't even serve beer because they didn't have a liquor license. Normally I wouldn't have even bothered to enter knowing that there was no beer to go with the wings, but I was hitting this place during my lunch on a work day so I wasn't going to be drinking anyway. The guy who owned the place was like a mad scientist of peppers from all over the world (possibly even Madder than you Stu). He had pictures of at least 50 different peppers and their stories with heat charts and shit on the walls. His wings were fucking awesome and they were the only thing on the menu there besides curly fries.

He had a challenge,,, if you could eat 10 of his wings coated in his HOTTEST homemade sauce, you could eat there as many times as you liked during the following month for free. There was a board on the wall for pictures of the successful challengers... there was only one pic on it. I was sure that I had this in the bag and told the guy to bring it on. He had ghost pepper extract in his sauce among other things. I could only eat 4 and a half wings, and I couldn't even touch the sauce to my lips while eating them because of the pain,,, I had to pull the meat off with my fingers in order to get it into my mouth. I had finally found shit way fucking too hot for me.

I actually took the extra wings back to the office to see if I could possibly get someone to try one without them realizing what was up. No luck,,, the smell of pure fucking lava was wafting through the air as soon as anyone opened the to-go box they were in. I did get a guy in his late 60's to dab a little of the sauce on just one tong of a fork and give it a try. I thought the guy was seriously going to have a heart attack,,, it was bad... he suffered for like 30 minutes from it.

I now make my own wing sauce. Frank's Hot Sauce is my base, but I use multiple types of peppers (including habaneros and their seeds and membranes) and spices in order to turn it into my masterpiece. I also mix in a small amount of a very good teriyaki sauce that I get from Kona Hawaii. I used to fry the wings... but I now actually smoke them instead,,, they are better than the fried ones which I still find hard to believe. I like to think that I make the best wings on the planet.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I can't wait to see this!

I love spicy food... But like jrry, I tend to enjoy the heat to a point my taste buds still function.

Then again, I have to admit, sometimes I enjoy the burn. It's a strange deal.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Stu you sick bastard!

Hurry up and post the vid I want to laugh at the people suffering hahahahahahaha

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't wait to see this!

I love spicy food... But like jrry, I tend to enjoy the heat to a point my taste buds still function.

Then again, I have to admit, sometimes I enjoy the burn. It's a strange deal.

Yea. Feel the same way...until my lips are on fire...or until I hit the toilet. :heh:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Because I made an extract, there are plenty of other ingredients. It seems to be part of the problem with this sauce. It starts out just tasting like a really flavorful wing sauce. Then it hits. And it hits. And it hits. Painfully delicious.

BTW - the challenge is scheduled for high noon on Sunday.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Looking forward to the vid. Good luck with that ghost pepper acid.

I have actually entered and won a few hot wing contests and pepper eating contests. Back in my younger days the sauces weren't as sophisticated as they are today,,, and I could never find wings that I would consider too hot. When I ordered them at a wing place, I'd always give the same instructions... "I want the cook to be laughing because he thinks the wings will be too hot to eat". I never found any back then that I couldn't eat.

Then I found this tiny little shyte hole of a wing place in Sanford, FL. This was about 18 years ago. The place didn't even serve beer because they didn't have a liquor license. Normally I wouldn't have even bothered to enter knowing that there was no beer to go with the wings, but I was hitting this place during my lunch on a work day so I wasn't going to be drinking anyway. The guy who owned the place was like a mad scientist of peppers from all over the world (possibly even Madder than you Stu). He had pictures of at least 50 different peppers and their stories with heat charts and shyte on the walls. His wings were freaking awesome and they were the only thing on the menu there besides curly fries.

He had a challenge,,, if you could eat 10 of his wings coated in his HOTTEST homemade sauce, you could eat there as many times as you liked during the following month for free. There was a board on the wall for pictures of the successful challengers... there was only one pic on it. I was sure that I had this in the bag and told the guy to bring it on. He had ghost pepper extract in his sauce among other things. I could only eat 4 and a half wings, and I couldn't even touch the sauce to my lips while eating them because of the pain,,, I had to pull the meat off with my fingers in order to get it into my mouth. I had finally found shyte way freaking too hot for me.

I actually took the extra wings back to the office to see if I could possibly get someone to try one without them realizing what was up. No luck,,, the smell of pure freaking lava was wafting through the air as soon as anyone opened the to-go box they were in. I did get a guy in his late 60's to dab a little of the sauce on just one tong of a fork and give it a try. I thought the guy was seriously going to have a heart attack,,, it was bad... he suffered for like 30 minutes from it.

I now make my own wing sauce. Frank's Hot Sauce is my base, but I use multiple types of peppers (including habaneros and their seeds and membranes) and spices in order to turn it into my masterpiece. I also mix in a small amount of a very good teriyaki sauce that I get from Kona Hawaii. I used to fry the wings... but I now actually smoke them instead,,, they are better than the fried ones which I still find hard to believe. I like to think that I make the best wings on the planet.

I had a similar type of thing happen to me, kinda sorta.

There is a sports bar in the Cleveland area that I always went to for Rams games before getting Sunday ticket.....Harpo's. They are known for their wings, they have kick ass wings and they offer tons of different sauces. My personal favorite was Jamaican Hellfire. It wasn't as hot as it sounds, it was hot but also very tasty. It had a little jerk flavor of course.

Anyway one time I went in and ordered some and got a beer and settled in for a game. Well they changed the recipe without consulting or fucking warning me lol. This stuff was so hot that I was going through the same thing you did. I was actually wiping the sauce off of the wings and still couldn't finish. So I asked the waitress what the deal was and she said the cook decided to change the way he made some of the sauces and I guess he decided to make that one inedible. It hurt, and frankly food should not hurt.

So I ordered my second fave, hot garlic, thankfully they left that one alone.

My lips hurt, my tongue hurt, hell my entire mouth felt the burn from that stuff all day.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Stu that is typical of the pepper you used. It's a creeper, the first few moments aren't as bad as what comes. As you say it hits, then it hits and hits.

My personal preference in toilet paper in Cottonelle. You may wanna get some.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stu that is typical of the pepper you used. It's a creeper, the first few moments aren't as bad as what comes. As you say it hits, then it hits and hits.

My personal preference in toilet paper in Cottonelle. You may wanna get some.
Have some. Here goes.

PhxRam

It is truly the aristocrat of the toilet paper world. :bigup:

Sheryl Crow says you only need 1 square of toilet paper anyways.

According to Crow's new strictures, the average person should use "only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where two to three could be required". Further details were not offered as to the precise nature of these "pesky occasions", though "we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work", she insists.