Hospital blues

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I've been spending most of my time since Tuesday sitting around the hospital with family and my dying sister. I guess I'm getting to the age where I'm going to have to do this from time to time but what a depressing setting. My sister is in her final days of her battle with breast cancer that started in 2009. I'm thankful that she doesn't seem to be in much pain and has plenty of family support even though some of us are temporarily displaced to be by her side. Hospitals just drain the lifeforce from you when you walk through the doors. :boohoo:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah they do. I'm sorry you have to go through that. It's been a banner fucking year in my household as well in that I've spent probably more time in hospitals than in the previous 3 decades. I'm obviously powerless to do anything to help you, but just know that I empathize. Be strong, dude. And don't forget to take care of yourself too; because like you said, that can be a really draining experience.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Really sorry to hear that, it's never easy seeing a loved one go. Like X said, make sure you take care of yourself as well.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I too am sorry to hear that. I hope you are your family are doing OK. I work in a hospital, and lost loved ones there, I know it can suck...at it sucks from both sides (the family member and the treatment provider).

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Im sorry to hear that Husker. It's always tough to lose a loved one. My thoughts and prayers go out to you bro.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Man! Feeling for you and your sister man. Sorry to hear what you and your family is going through. As others said, take care of yourself as well in all this.

had

Rookie
Ramhusker said:
I've been spending most of my time since Tuesday sitting around the hospital with family and my dying sister. I guess I'm getting to the age where I'm going to have to do this from time to time but what a depressing setting. My sister is in her final days of her battle with breast cancer that started in 2009. I'm thankful that she doesn't seem to be in much pain and has plenty of family support even though some of us are temporarily displaced to be by her side. Hospitals just drain the lifeforce from you when you walk through the doors. :boohoo:

Hey Ramhusker, I'm sorry to hear about this. I know what you mean about hospitals. It's the smell. I remember it from when my dad was in hospital. That smell. Seems like that smell gets into any hospital.

I remember this movie with Jack Nicholson. I think Michael Caine was in it too. I never saw the whole thing, I just remember very clearly this one scene where Nicholson's character killed a guy with a golf club, and just after, he said, 'at least you died with your shoes on'.

Godspeed.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys. It's the little things that get you through during times like these. You guy's concern helps a lot. Thanks.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Hate hearing about what my friends have to go threw. At the age of 60 now I have lost both parents, a brother, & a step father. So I too have been through it several times over . It is never easy saying good bye. You never get over it. You do learn to carry on in time. :(

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yeah, except for the newborn section, hospitals are just bleh.

But that's awful man.

Just keep strong for your family and yourself.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm so sorry to hear that, Husker. It may happen to all of us, but it doesn't make it any easier. Just stay strong, alright?

joeybittick

Rookie
Sorry to hear that man. Having spent a lot of time in hospitals, I know what you mean.

I will be thinking about you and your sister. I hope you both find peace.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Husker... My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. God Bless.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thanks again guys. She had a pretty good day today considering. They took her radiation treatment port out and I think that was causing her some infection. They had already stopped all the "healing" efforts. It's now just comfort care. She has been a fighter. I had to ask her today what her wishes were for her ashes. That can buckle your knees. I was glad to have the chance to know for sure though. No regrets. You just gotta have no regrets.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Buckle your needs indeed. I have had to do that as well. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts. And no regrets is all anyone can hope for.

Man! I meant KNEES. Long week.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ramhusker said:
Same here, lost my grams and my mom about a week apart. Lost my dad a long time ago to cancer. I took care of him and my mom on their final days. I'm truly sorry. I know that the Rams were a good distraction for my mom, but not my dad at the time. My dad introduced me to the Rams...

Hang in there. I am happy to hear that she isn't in a lot of pain.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
My sister lost her battle tonight. She was on morphine every hour for the past couple days and hadn't eaten in 5 days so it was definitely time for her to get some rest. Tell the RAMS to win one for the gipper today! I'll be out of pocket for sure.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ramhusker said:
My sister lost her battle tonight. She was on morphine every hour for the past couple days and hadn't eaten in 5 days so it was definitely time for her to get some rest. Tell the RAMS to win one for the gipper today! I'll be out of pocket for sure.
Damn.

So sorry, man.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Ramhusker said:

So sorry for your loss. Never easy to lose a loved one, especially a sister. If you ever need to chat I'm always here.