Honey Badger

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
Can we just change his nickname to Honey Bastard?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

that actually sounds like a great idea, I'll give him credit for the cook fumble but fuck him for the cheap hit on Tavon.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Ram Quixote said:
X said:
He'll always be honey pot-head to me.
I though Jenkins was the honey-pot head.

I'd like a pot of honey mustard , strange thoughts I have when I'm stoned :shock: :boing:

JMO but we'll only need to worry about Tyrann for MAYBE 2 years, before he wears out his welcome in AZ.

WvuIN02

Starter
Where is this Tavon stopper stuff coming from in college?

He only played vs Matthieu once and even though we lost (their team went to the NC vs Bama that year) Austin had like 190 yards receiving vs him and Les Miles said they had no answer for Austin.

Austin also was open several times and due to some pressure Bradford didnt have a chance to get the ball to him or go through his progressions. Other than the reverse, they really didnt do anything special with him or have much designed for him like screens and such.

jap

Legend
WvuIN02 said:

He only played vs Matthieu once and even though we lost (their team went to the NC vs Bama that year) Austin had like 190 yards receiving vs him and Les Miles said they had no answer for Austin.

Austin also was open several times and due to some pressure Bradford didnt have a chance to get the ball to him or go through his progressions. Other than the reverse, they really didnt do anything special with him or have much designed for him like screens and such.

There seemed to be some perception by some before the draft that this guy matched up well against Tavon. I personally did not buy into this idea at all as it was only one game. There is also the thought that the Cards drafted Mathieu especially to defend Tavon. I expect Mathieu to have his hands full like anyone else once Tavon gets more comfortable with his multiple roles, and this perception that he is a "Tavon stopper" will go away as a bad lie.

This reminds me so much about NBA defenders who were foolishly touted as "MJ stoppers" or "Kobe stoppers." You might as well talk about a "Gale Sayers stopper" or a Barry Sanders stopper"---there wasn't any! It will have to be a collective team effort to corral these guys with that unusually rare combo of elite speed & elite quickness.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
Tavons best play may have been when he made enough of a block on a punt return to keep Arizona from having a chance to down it inside the five. which would have caused the rams to be very conservative, little plays sometimes make the biggest difference imo. just saying.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Funny how if we drafted him this year everyone would be all in love with him being what he is...

With that being said that was a b*tch ass hit he did get on Tavon

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Rammer said:
Funny how if we drafted him this year everyone would be all in love with him being what he is...

Of course we would. You know how it works. :ww:

That said, I was really expecting Fisher to draft him. But then again, there are some pretty tall receivers in our division, so maybe he was turned off by his size? I have no idea. Or maybe they already met their quota of character issue guys.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
The Rammer said:

You're 100% right because I actually liked him as a late round sleeper before the draft, I do not respect the hit though man. That shit was cheap, Austins a smaller guy and Austin is humble there was no need for it.

RamzFanz

Damnit
WvuIN02 said:

I am a big LSU fan and loved watching him there. He couldn't cover TA. No one could.

I rewatched the game twice and don't get the lack of throws TAs way. He was open often. Once he was open for the first down then broke and was open for a TD and Bradford checked down even though he had time. He needs more shots.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Sgt. Ram said:
Tavons best play may have been when he made enough of a block on a punt return to keep Arizona from having a chance to down it inside the five. which would have caused the rams to be very conservative, little plays sometimes make the biggest difference imo. just saying.

I agree and considered posting the same thing,that was some smart damned f-ball

nighttrain

Legend
X said:
The Rammer said:

Of course we would. You know how it works. :ww:

That said, I was really expecting Fisher to draft him. But then again, there are some pretty tall receivers in our division, so maybe he was turned off by his size? I have no idea. Or maybe they already met their quota of character issue guys.
And maybe Fisher knew he already had his safeties? We seemed to do OK, and Zona's D no pushover last season, just no offense, which Carson Palmer cured..
train

iced

LosAngelesRams said:
The Rammer said:

You're 100% right because I actually liked him as a late round sleeper before the draft, I do not respect the hit though man. That shyte was cheap, Austins a smaller guy and Austin is humble there was no need for it.

Lol I don't think Austin is humble... He doesn't act like it at all to me, kinda has that 'swagger' or 'attitude' like a prime would..plus he already has a chip on his shoulder from being shorter..

I totally love that attitude from him though

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
iced said:
LosAngelesRams said:
The Rammer said:

You're 100% right because I actually liked him as a late round sleeper before the draft, I do not respect the hit though man. That shyte was cheap, Austins a smaller guy and Austin is humble there was no need for it.

Lol I don't think Austin is humble... He doesn't act like it at all to me, kinda has that 'swagger' or 'attitude' like a prime would..plus he already has a chip on his shoulder from being shorter..

Swag is your style, the way you walk, the way you talk. Not the way you act.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
LosAngelesRams said:
iced said:
LosAngelesRams said:
The Rammer said:

Swag is your style, the way you walk, the way you talk. Not the way you act.
Isnt the way you walk and talk a part of the way you act.