Honey Badger locks himself in a hot car for a public service announcement

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Good for him. What kind of a jerk locks his children and/or pets in a hot car without knowing that it might be dangerous to their health?
http://www.bestofneworleans.com/blo...p-with-peta-for-a-public-service-announcement

Tyrann Mathieu teams up with PETA for a public service announcement
POSTED BY KEVIN ALLMAN @KEVINALLMAN

Tyrann Mathieu — Honey Badger, New Orleans native and LSU football hero — teamed up this week with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) to get out a basic message: Don't leave your dog in the car on a hot day. Seems like a basic thing to know, but every year people leave pets and babies inside hot cars, often with awful results.

Mathieu, who now plays for the Arizona Cardinals, did the educational stunt in a car parked in in the desert sun at an Arizona parking lot. He lasted eight minutes, during which time the temperature in the vehicle climbed to 120 degrees, before feeling sick enough where he had to get out.

Lesson: Don't leave your Honey Badger — or anything else — in a hot car.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBTGcWUf2ts

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good on Mathieu. This needed to be a PSA for all of the parents who lock their kids inside of cars.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Hats off to him.
I can't believe people actually leave their kids or animals in a hot car with the windows down, let alone up.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Unbelievable that some parents leave their kids in a car period, much less when it's hot. It's hard to imagine how a parent can FORGET their kids in a car. There's a few tools missing in their tool box if you ask me.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well done.

I hate when I see a dog in a car, and they usually have their snout out of the cracked window sucking down warm air instead of really hot air from inside.

I think I am going to confront the next person I see that does this.

Athos

Legend
Well done.

I hate when I see a dog in a car, and they usually have their snout out of the cracked window sucking down warm air instead of really hot air from inside.

Why people can't just leave their fucking animals at home when it's ballz hot outside or blue ballz cold outside I'll just never fucking understand. Especially when they go and do something for hours on end like a tard.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well done.

I know what you mean Les but I do it all the time. My dog is cooped up all the time in my house because I work shift work. She loves to ride so it breaks my heart to see her eyes when I leave her at home when I run to the store. So she sits in the car for a few minutes several times a week. I have sense enough not to leave her for more than 10 minutes and the windows are rolled down almost too much. My dog would kick your ass if she couldn't take those rides.
But I do see people go grocery shopping or something like that and leave a pet in the car. That is way too long and miserable. These are the same kind of people that probably chain them up in the yard all day. That pisses me off more than anything.
You'd think common sense could rule the day.

fearsomefour

Legend
Why people can't just leave their freaking animals at home when it's ballz hot outside or blue ballz cold outside I'll just never freaking understand. Especially when they go and do something for hours on end like a tard.
A lot of these people are mental to me.
Because they are needy little twerps. Me, me, me....give me attention, its what I want....me, me, me.....I need my dog to love me at all times....my dog is special.
No its not. F you and your dumb dog. Leave it at home and have it on a leash if you take it out.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Unbelievable that some parents leave their kids in a car period, much less when it's hot. It's hard to imagine how a parent can FORGET their kids in a car. There's a few tools missing in their tool box if you ask me.

Our great and noble prime minister Mr Cameron once forgot his eight year old leaving her in a pub :jerkoff:.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Our great and noble prime minister Mr Cameron once forgot his eight year old leaving her in a pub :jerkoff:.
My driving instructor did that to me.
Back in the 80s we'd have to get 8 hours (or something along those lines) of driving time with a licensed instructor.
The guy had me drive him to a bar. He had me wait in the car and came out 30 minutes later smelling like beer and tacos.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Back in the 80s we'd have to get 8 hours (or something along those lines) of driving time with a licensed instructor.
The guy had me drive him to a bar. He had me wait in the car and came out 30 minutes later smelling like beer and tacos.

U.S. Driving test must be much easier, took me around 100 hours to pass my test...then again I did fail 3 times :oops:.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
U.S. Driving test must be much easier, took me around 100 hours to pass my test...then again I did fail 3 times :oops:.

Among the easiest to pass in the entire first world. Prove you can parallel park and drive around the city without getting into an accident for a few minutes and you pass!

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Among the easiest to pass in the entire first world. Prove you can parallel park and drive around the city without getting into an accident for a few minutes and you pass!

Last time I tried to parallel park was on my driving test, if I want to park I'll find an actual car park and enjoy the walk to where I'm going.

fearsomefour

Legend
The 80s were a different time man. Maybe the last "go outside and play" generation.
Had a teacher who was also the freshman football coach. My friends and I knew him from our time playing freshman football. We were seniors at this point. He stopped by the house one afternoon with a couple of freshman going door to door fundraising. He saw a couple of friends and I were preparing to have a party. So, he left the kids outside for a few, came in and pounded a couple of beers with us.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Whoever raises awareness about the humane treatment of animals is okay in my book.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This thread is timely. A police dog in Conyers, Ga died Thursday after being left in the squad car for 7 hours. It was a blood hound.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Around the country, people are starting to break the windows of cars with animals essentially trapped inside, especially if the animal looks unresponsive or in distress.

I have no issue with this and when I was driving my Suburban (it had one of those Brake locks like the Club) I would have gladly used my "Club" to free a trapped animal.

Freak letting an animal die that way. I'd still do it. Call the cops, too, and have them arrested for animal endangerment or whatever the local ordinance is...

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Well thankfully I've never forgot my kids or any of my dogs in my car but if I forget and leave my coffee on the roof of my car one more time I'm gonna go nuts!!!!!!!!:mad: