Honestly, What's The Drop Between Mathews And The 2nd Or 3rd Best Lineman?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's what Barrett Jones is for. I don't like using a pick that high for a guy that may or may not play. Especially when you can find guards and tackles in the later rounds.

I like Jake, just don't believe the Rams will take him based on what they already have @ OT. Maybe in the 2nd, 3rd. Sure. But not #2 for a spot starter.

You CAN find any position in the later rounds.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Sounds like you have a problem with Snead & Fishers "Wavier Wire Contingent" starting Offensive Line?
k
post: 240388, member: 573"]Sounds like you have a problem with Snead & Fishers "Wavier Wire Contingent" starting Offensive Line?[/quote]
I give the fo and Boudreau high marks for their work so far. You cant restock the roster in two offseasons. Other than signing long this unit has been largely ignored. They have done it with smoke and mirrors. I read this stuff all the time guys say you dont need early round talent to have an effective line. Maybe in the afc we play in the nfc west better improve the talent or you will stay where you are. Who did the whiners draft with their two ones when they started tbeir rise back to the top?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
k
post: 240388, member: 573"]Sounds like you have a problem with Snead & Fishers "Wavier Wire Contingent" starting Offensive Line?
I give the fo and Boudreau high marks for their work so far. You cant restock the roster in two offseasons. Other than signing long this unit has been largely ignored. They have done it with smoke and mirrors. I read this stuff all the time guys say you dont need early round talent to have an effective line. Maybe in the afc we play in the nfc west better improve the talent or you will stay where you are. Who did the whiners draft with their two ones when they started tbeir rise back to the top?

You are right I do have a problem with the Wavier Wire Contingent. I hear you...you bring up two of the three teams in our division & their draft OL'ers... Seattle have used 2 first rd. picks & a second rd. pick 2 of which are going to the pro bowl. The 9ers have utilized 3 first rd. picks & a third rd'er two of which are pro bowl Ol'ers.

Of the six pro bowl OT's 5 were taken in the first rd. of the six OG 's 3 have been first rd picks & 3 third rd picks.of the four centers in the pro bowl 2 were first rd picks & 2 were second rd. picks.

jap

Legend
I could see the Rams making an exception this year. They needed skill players on both sides of the ball and stocked up on them in the last two drafts. They depended on Couch Bou's great teaching skills to coach up borderline players. However, as they gear up for a playoff push, it's time for the Rams to hit on impact players in really critical positions (e.g., OL) so Couch Bou may finally be handed a blue chip rookie for once.

Ramzee

Rookie
I like Greg Robinson over all the other lineman in this draft and wouldn't hesitate to take him #2 overall. Yup!