HOLY COW

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

superfan24

Starter
Anyone hear Adam Shefter on Mike and Mike this morning?
He said if the Rams get the #1 pick it could be worth 4 1st rounders. I don't know if anyone would do that, but that would be sweet.
Even if we get the #2 TRADE BACK

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
? FOUR first rounders? Crikey. I don't see how anyone passes on something like that.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I don't get it, who has 4 1st rounders to give up? Or, are we talking about a 1st round pick over the next 4-seasons? Either way, seems like a ridiculously high price.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
interference said:
I don't get it, who has 4 1st rounders to give up? Or, are we talking about a 1st round pick over the next 4-seasons? Either way, seems like a ridiculously high price.
It does, doesn't it. It would have to be 4 consecutive years, but who goes into the tank for four years for one unproven college athlete? Ditka doesn't coach anymore, so it can't be him. I can see this year's 1 and 2, and next year's 1 and 2. But more than that? Sheesh. I dunno about that.

superfan24

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He didn't go into that specifically, but yea don't see how that would work.
I'd be content with 2 first rounders and 2 seconds

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
superfan24 said:
He didn't go into that specifically, but yea don't see how that would work.
I'd be content with 2 first rounders and 2 seconds
I'd be happy with less.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm just trying to be happy! :bign:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ramhusker said:
I'm just trying to be happy! :bign:
plusone.png

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Might be a bit much. Then again.

Browns have 2 1'st this year, they need a QB, they also have a boatload of other picks,so yes they might do it. Doubtful, but would be the best chance. Just be how much more they value Luck over Barkely.

Rams most likely can't get the top pick and if they did due to the Bradford factor they would have to get a third team involved in trade talks to get max return otherwise the team picking 2nd would get the coup of picks.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
superfan24 said:
jimitroutboy said:
Jimmie Johnson came up with a draft value chart.

I took what Schefter was saying as referring to the value of four first round picks.

Two ones, three twos and a third or something like that combination.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftology320.php

Who do you think would be the team to trade up for Luck? Browns, Dolphins, Seahawks????

I think all of those and the Redskins should be in the market to move up. There are three premium Qbs and there are three and possibly five teams in the top ten in the market. In the next five there are possibly two more that will want a QB.

The Dolphins owner seems the most determined to make over the franchise. If the Colts stick at #1 and take Luck the sellers market to move up to #2 and #3 becomes intense.

The Seahawks are very aggressive but if the Rams deal with them will they be too low to still get Jeffrey?

I think the Browns are fooling themselves if they think McCoy is really their answer. He is never going to make it through an entire season.

This mock has Blackmon still on the board at #9.....I am a big fan but all the St. Louis writers are saying that Jeffrey will pass him up after the combine.

bluecoconuts

Legend
superfan24 said:
jimitroutboy said:

I took what Schefter was saying as referring to the value of four first round picks.

Who do you think would be the team to trade up for Luck? Browns, Dolphins, Seahawks????

No way we let a divisional opponent grab him. Trading out of conference for him would be best.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
superfan24 said:
jimitroutboy said:

No way we let a divisional opponent grab him. Trading out of conference for him would be best.
I think he means for the #1 spot (Colts).

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
superfan24 said:
jimitroutboy said:

I think he means for the #1 spot (Colts).

Well then I hope they trade them to a team within their conference. :razzed:

Anonymous

DR RAM said:
squeaky wheel said:
We may need the top pick.
Squeaky logic, who do you take?

Whoever is most desired by the team that is willing to make the best deal. If that is another QB at #1 overall so be it. Then sit back and take trade offers since we're sitting pretty at QB talent. It's our only real leverage in this draft if we're picking first overall. And just say NO to this braintrust at Rams Park picking after 5 in the first round. We need starters from first and second round picks.....and hits on later rounds and FAs too. We're too old too.