Holt says we likely keep 5 receivers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Just said on the air, they're not opposed to keeping 6 guys, but so far none of them have impressed them enough to keep six guys, so we'll probably be going into the season with 5.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Givens, Austin, Quick, Bailey and Pettis are probably the locks. Pettis hasn't done much in preseason but not sure anyone else has done enough to move ahead of him.

A55VA6

Legend
I don't see us keeping 6. Veltung and Johnson didn't do enough I don't think.

jap

Legend
Well, you have to consider that Jared is really a hybrid WR/TE player so he straddles both the WR/TE groups.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
A55VA6 said:
I don't see us keeping 6. Veltung and Johnson didn't do enough I don't think.
I think that is fair.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
bwdenverram said:
Givens, Austin, Quick, Bailey and Pettis are probably the locks. Pettis hasn't done much in preseason but not sure anyone else has done enough to move ahead of him.
I'm going to say that Pettis is essentially a lock to make this team. If we keep five, it's not bad because Cook can play WR as well. We could sneak Veltung onto the practice squad.

Memphis Ram

Legend
jap said:
Well, you have to consider that Jared is really a hybrid WR/TE player so he straddles both the WR/TE groups.

McNeill too. If he makes the team, he's just a big slow WR playing TE.

They might as well only keep 5 WRs on the roster because of the remaining group, I have major doubts that the 6th WR would be active on game day or couldn't be placed on the practice squad.

If there is a 6th WR on this team he's probably going to have to come off of waivers.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
bluecoconuts said:
Just said on the air, they're not opposed to keeping 6 guys, but so far none of them have impressed them enough to keep six guys, so we'll probably be going into the season with 5.

That's fine they can use the roster spot for OL. A 6th WR isn't going to contribute much if at all and is really going to be a developmental project, they can get one of those later if they lose their guy off the PS or whatever.

5 is plenty, we have Cook so that is essentially 6 anyway.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Speaking of picking up a WR off of waivers, IF it were cap feasible and the Bills released Brad Smith or the Vikings released Joe Webb, I'd hope the Rams would be interested.

Both could be nice fits in a Wildcat / Read Option type of package.

A55VA6

Legend
Memphis Ram said:
Speaking of picking up a WR off of waivers, IF it were cap feasible and the Bills released Brad Smith or the Vikings released Joe Webb, I'd hope the Rams would be interested.

Both could be nice fits in a Wildcat / Read Option type of package.
I'd like to stay away from the read-option stuff.