Holt: 'I loved everything about being a Ram'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
NFL.com
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... eing-a-ram

torry-holt.jpg

One of the staples of the St. Louis Rams' Greatest Show on Turf era, wideout Torry Holt will sign a one-day contract with his old team and will retire as a Ram, the team announced Monday.

The Rams and Holt, who announced his intentions to retire as a Ram last week, will hold a noon ET on Wednesday to discuss the wideout's retirement.

"Torry's career achievements define him as one of the franchise's most exciting players, and it's only appropriate that he complete his remarkable career in a Rams uniform," Rams executive vice president of football operations Kevin Demoff said in a release. "As a key figure in one of the greatest offenses in NFL history, Torry spent an entire decade thrilling St. Louis fans with his clutch catches. We're proud to celebrate this special day with Torry and to welcome him back home."

Holt finishes his NFL career ranked 10th in league history in receiving yards (13,382) and 13th in receptions (920). Holt ranks second on the Rams' all-time list in receptions (869) yards (12,660) and touchdowns (74), trailing his former teammate Isaac Bruce in all three categories.

"I loved everything about being a Ram, and I feel blessed that I'm able to formally finish my career with the organization that drafted me in 1999," Holt said. "The fans and the city of St. Louis have been so good to me. I feel very fortunate that I was able to come to St. Louis and be surrounded by so many outstanding players and coaches. This is where it all started, and it's fitting that this is also where it ends."

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
That's interesting, because I loved everything about him being a Ram

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Great player and guy. Always has been a class act. Big thanks to him for all he did for the Rams.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Good to see the organization doing the things Georgia and Shaw never saw as important.