HitStick's end of the season 3 rd mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Cut
Jared Cook TE
Kenny Britt WR
Nick Foles QB

Re-sign
Trumaine Johnson
Mark Barron
Rodney McLeod
Will Hayes
Tim Barnes
Daren Bates
Benny Cunningham
Case Keenum
Cory Harkey

Free Agency
Alshon Jeffrey. This only works if Janoris doesn't sign with us. I love JJ, but I have a feeling he'd rather go to wherever the most money is, aND somoney is gping to overpay. It sucks, but let's not stress out. We have Gaines coming back, Tru has been a stud, and Joyner has taken a huge step. We will be fine. The money saved will also give us room to drastically improve our offense. In this scenario we are losing Quick and cutting Britt. Enter Alshon. He would easily be the second best player on our offense.

Draft
Rd 1. Michael Thomas WR
After watching a few games I am convinced that he's the best WR in this draft. He's big, runs good routes (never lazy on them) has good hands, and has decent speed. He steps in as the number 2 which gives TA unlimited freedom to do his thing.

Rd 2a. Carson Wentz QB
I still think Mannion can be a damn ed good QB, however, he needs a clean pocket. Wentz can use his feet to buy some time and make good throws. With our new toys his growth would be assisted tremendously. Either way, a battle between Wentz, Mannion, and Kennum would be a fun one to watch. We not giving up the farm for Goff or Lynch, so Wentz is my guy.

Rd 2b. Hunter Henry TE
Instant contributor and probably an instant upgrade over Cook (who looks lazy out there)

Rd 3. Dan Voltz C
Upgrade at Center.

Now our depth chart looks something like this

QB Keenum/Wentz/Mannion (whoever wins)
HB Gurley, Mason, Austin, Cunningham
FB Harkey
WR Jeffrey, Thomas, Austin, Marquez, (Bailey?)
OL Battle (IMO better pass blocker), Robinson, Voltz, Brown, Havenstein

DL Quinn, Brockers, Donald, Long
LB Ogletree, JL55, Barron OR (if we cut JL) Barron, Ogletree, Ayers
CB Tru, Gaines, Joyner, Roberson, later round pick
SS McDonald
FS McLeod

A guy can dream, right?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I could live with this. Alshon and Thomas would be beasts.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be okay with letting Janoris go if it meant getting Alshon. But I still expect Alshon to be franchised. I've heard Dan Voltz is significantly overrated from Wisconsin fans I respect. I have strong doubts that Wentz lasts to one of our 2nd round picks. And I'm not a fan of taking Michael Thomas in the top 20. It's not that he's bad but I haven't been blown away by what I've seen thus far. Seems like more of a 2nd round type of guy to me.

I'm also curious about the cap situation with us not releasing Long.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wouldn't use the first pick on Thomas either. I pretty much agree with Jrry.

I see a lot of people wanting to cut Britt but I don't understand why. Cook, I would cut or renegotiate. Scaffold I would keep too. I would try to keep them all until the team knows what they have for replacements. If they have to cut someone to sign a young star then alright.