Hits & Misses ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Save some clicks
1000002688.png

1000002689-png.60878

Attachments

• 1000002689.png
    1000002689.png
    154.5 KB · Views: 436

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
According to this, Bruss outplayed Stetson Bennett and McClendon

PFF is always subject to some strange findings unfortunately, I discount a good 25% of their declarations. Always best to interpret your conclusions visually yourself, although when unable, perhaps rely on a variety of sources. jmo.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wonder why Arcuri and Jolly didn't play? injured?

I believe McVay stated a few players that were held out against the Chargers will be playing in upcoming games. Probably pretty difficult to get 90 players enough time to get a good opinion of their abilities in a single game. I'm also hoping to see Ochaun Mathis involved in the next one now that he's returned from his injury.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Jolly was reported injured last week. No idea about Arcuri.

I believe McVay stated a few players that were held out against the Chargers will be playing in upcoming games. Probably pretty difficult to get 90 players enough time to get a good opinion of their abilities in a single game. I'm also hoping to see Ochaun Mathis involved in the next one now that he's returned from his injury.
Thank you for the updates. I can't wait to see Ochaun too, hoping the young man takes advantage of his God given gifts and becomes a good player for us.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
According to this, Bruss outplayed Stetson Bennett and McClendon
PFF is always subject to some strange findings unfortunately, I discount a good 25% of their declarations. Always best to interpret your conclusions visually yourself, although when unable, perhaps rely on a variety of sources. jmo.
Yeah PFF grades harshly for some mistakes. Like missing on throws for QBs. They dinged Bennett's early near picks that way. He's probably graded in the 60's without those.

As for the 2 young linemen who knows. Maybe Bruss knew where to go but whiffed and McClendon looked to be in the wrong position or confused a few more plays that Bruss. Would like to see some improvement from them in the next 2 matchups vs Raiders.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Maybe they would like stash Acurri on the PS one more yr. Might feel he has upside but not ready for the 53.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah they're all over the map. I feel like they push out the grades each week far too quickly. And since they have the same problem we have as fans, which is not knowing the calls on either side of the ball, there is going to be some assuming going on.

I certainly value having their grades available though. It's nice sometimes to look up a player's grade and see if I haven't been paying enough attention and making assumptions. But the fans who seem to use them to form all their opinions are gonna be all over the map just like the grades.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Yeah they're all over the map. I feel like they push out the grades each week far too quickly. And since they have the same problem we have as fans, which is not knowing the calls on either side of the ball, there is going to be some assuming going on.

I certainly value having their grades available though. It's nice sometimes to look up a player's grade and see if I haven't been paying enough attention and making assumptions. But the fans who seem to use them to form all their opinions are gonna be all over the map just like the grades.
Yeah... I think you or someone else also mentioned, I used PFF grades to compare to what I see on the field. They're not perfect but they're valuable and when they don't align with what I see or grade something I wasn't paying attention to, I use it as a jumping off point to look into someone's play further.