Historical Failure

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
That explains a lot, I've been wondering since it happened how we allowed Romo convert 3rd and 13, it was all Bradford not being on the field.

Bradford beats that team, Philly, Niners, but maybe not SEA. Davis scrambled his butt off that game.

Bradford beats that team, Philly, Niners, but maybe not SEA. Davis scrambled his butt off that game.

Does he balls. I'm willing to give you the 49ers, Davis performance in that game was well in line with Sam's average performance against the 49ers, so by logic Bradford does better than that half the time (of course he does worse half the time), for us to have won the Dallas and Philly games Sam would have had to play better than his best.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
'Talent' may be wide & deep compared to the Rams team this regime took over, but compared to other 2014 NFL teams, it clearly isn't the case.

That's a bologna statement, we do have way more talent than at least half of other teams. Ogletree and Laurinaitis should destroy RB's trying to come between Donald and Brockers. Quinn is getting doubled and chipped all the time because Hayes isnt scaring anybody, he's a back up.

Our offense has been decimated by injuries. All I wanted this year was for the chance for this team to stay healthy. That one of the worste parts about football.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Does he balls. I'm willing to give you the 49ers, Davis performance in that game was well in line with Sam's average performance against the 49ers, so by logic Bradford does better than that half the time (of course he does worse half the time), for us to have won the Dallas and Philly games Sam would have had to play better than his best.

No, Sam would have won that game. He probably would have been really conservative, but would have won it.

Sam doesn't throw a single pick, I'd bet.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
No, Sam would have won that game. He probably would have been really conservative, but would have won it.

Sam doesn't throw a single pick, I'd bet.
I have posted many times that Davis is not the reason we are losing and I still believe that he's played well enough in all but the KC game for this team to have won if everyone else played well.
I can't help but believe on the other hand that with the way our wr corps has improved Sam would be able to make up for the deficiencies that we've suffered on defense with his play and that his superior arm strength would force opposing DC's to respect our deep ball more ,even to the extent that our run game would benefit.
That Davis has a good passer rating is wonderful, but it only indicates to me that Shotty has called the games to his strengths and I can't imagine a guy in his third year under Shotty and the superior arm Sam has wouldn't be torching people .
As much as I like Davis I too am sure with Sam we'd be over .500 now

Philly5

Rookie
That explains a lot, I've been wondering since it happened how we allowed Romo convert 3rd and 13, it was all Bradford not being on the field.

I don't know which games we might have won or lost with Bradford. I don't know if he would have survived with our leaky line. Davis has played well in spots and his mobility has helped. Bradford was looking very good in limited preseason games with improving weapons. Nobody can deny that.

I do know that losing a QB like Bradford has a demoralizing effect on the entire team. Most fans felt we went from a possible (long shot?) playoff team to a team that would be lucky to be .500. Imagine the impact on the players? We clearly saw the impact in week 1 against a bad Vikings team.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well, that was before Sam and C. Long went down. Mainly Sam, though.

Did anyone else get that powerfully depressing feeling when we first saw Sam on the deck grimacing and in pain that this season was over? I sure as heck did. Turns out that initial reaction is turning out to be the truth.
While I agree with you on the Lose of Sam and Chris, and that definitely hurt the team. I had the same feeling about the season. BUT remember "It ain't over 'til it's over", There are still 9 games left in the season!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
While I agree with you on the Lose of Sam and Chris, and that definitely hurt the team. I had the same feeling about the season. BUT remember "It ain't over 'til it's over", There are still 9 games left in the season!

I really felt the second half of the season would be a lot better than the first half of the season. Davis took his first step back against KC with reading the field, but it was under the heaviest fire we've seen all year. It was about like we saw with Romo against the skins bad. (Why the hell the Skins were getting through and we weren't is beyond me. I know the refs let them get by with a ton of holds, though.)

I worry about our OL handling the rush most weeks, but I worry about our ability to make them pay for blitzing more than anything. I don't blame the WR's/TE's (except Cook's stone hands), I blame the scheme, Davis's arm, and him missing open WR's on his reads.

Don't get me wrong, though, I really like Davis. My scale of judging his play has surpassed Clemons from last year. I always looked at Clemons as a back up and judged him accordingly. Davis has earned the respect of being judged as a starter. The only real hole is his arm strength, he's gotten a lot better mentally.

Like I said, though, I don't feel Schotty puts our guys in a position to be successful at times. We weren't gonna run up the middle on the Chiefs but he kept doing it. I gave up when I first sniffed that trend, the the team did too!!! (It was a very somber day in KC from me and the Rams. The crappy playcalling began after the pick, Schotty gave up. I could see the momentum drastically swing, pisses me off.)

I just need Schotty to make sure he's beating the zone with plays to the outside and crossing drag routes and different depths. Don't let our guys run their routes in the teeth of that zone, find the darn creases. Scotty is great about using the middle of the field, I need him to use the whole field. I need Davis to see the routes happening before he has a throwing lane.

One thing I can say about Davis better than Sam, people don't talk about this much. Sam would never throw a guy open. Davis will float a ball between double coverage. I love that with big receivers. Davis also doesn't stare anybody down. Defense never gets a bead on where he's going. That's amazing for such a young passer.

So yeah, we can win this game if we can block efficienly and learn from the mistakes from previous weeks. I'll sure as heck be watching.

(Sorry for the long post. I'm sitting in a tire shop and have nothing better to do.)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I really felt the second half of the season would be a lot better than the first half of the season. Davis took his first step back against KC with reading the field, but it was under the heaviest fire we've seen all year. It was about like we saw with Romo against the skins bad. (Why the hell the Skins were getting through and we weren't is beyond me. I know the refs let them get by with a ton of holds, though.)

I worry about our OL handling the rush most weeks, but I worry about our ability to make them pay for blitzing more than anything. I don't blame the WR's/TE's (except Cook's stone hands), I blame the scheme, Davis's arm, and him missing open WR's on his reads.

Don't get me wrong, though, I really like Davis. My scale of judging his play has surpassed Clemons from last year. I always looked at Clemons as a back up and judged him accordingly. Davis has earned the respect of being judged as a starter. The only real hole is his arm strength, he's gotten a lot better mentally.

Like I said, though, I don't feel Schotty puts our guys in a position to be successful at times. We weren't gonna run up the middle on the Chiefs but he kept doing it. I gave up when I first sniffed that trend, the the team did too!!! (It was a very somber day in KC from me and the Rams. The crappy playcalling began after the pick, Schotty gave up. I could see the momentum drastically swing, pisses me off.)

I just need Schotty to make sure he's beating the zone with plays to the outside and crossing drag routes and different depths. Don't let our guys run their routes in the teeth of that zone, find the darn creases. Scotty is great about using the middle of the field, I need him to use the whole field. I need Davis to see the routes happening before he has a throwing lane.

One thing I can say about Davis better than Sam, people don't talk about this much. Sam would never throw a guy open. Davis will float a ball between double coverage. I love that with big receivers. Davis also doesn't stare anybody down. Defense never gets a bead on where he's going. That's amazing for such a young passer.

So yeah, we can win this game if we can block efficienly and learn from the mistakes from previous weeks. I'll sure as heck be watching.

(Sorry for the long post. I'm sitting in a tire shop and have nothing better to do.)
I know it's not going to happen, but I do wonder if Hill might be a better starter this week against the 9ers!

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Points allowed is a poor way to judge a defense as it is greatly affected by the situations that the whole team creates, such as field position due to fumbles, etc...
exactly. pick sixes and blocked punts, kick returns arent allowed by the defensive 11 .

ram007

Starter
Rams will be on a 8-1 (loss only to Broncos) run after winning this weekend this season. All questions about players, coaching, front office will be answered by season's end.

lockdnram21

Legend
That's a bologna statement, we do have way more talent than at least half of other teams. Ogletree and Laurinaitis should destroy RB's trying to come between Donald and Brockers. Quinn is getting doubled and chipped all the time because Hayes isnt scaring anybody, he's a back up.

Our offense has been decimated by injuries. All I wanted this year was for the chance for this team to stay healthy. That one of the worste parts about football.

laurinitis is the most overrated player on this team, Either the scheme is a problem for tree or hes simply regressed. im not to sure about the d line either. you can say were missing Long and we might be but i just see Qbs countering our pass rush by getting rid of the ball quicker(something Ad knows nothing about) But we shall see when Long comes back

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
laurinitis is the most overrated player on this team, Either the scheme is a problem for tree or hes simply regressed. im not to sure about the d line either. you can say were missing Long and we might be but i just see Qbs countering our pass rush by getting rid of the ball quicker(something Ad knows nothing about) But we shall see when Long comes back

Laurinaitis plays better in a passive system, yes.

You'd think QB's getting rid of the ball faster would lead to INT's. We had 2 pick 6's called back last week, maybe 3. I think it's young guys in a new system. They'll figure it out.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Talked to my Dad about that last night, no remorse.

A bad word comes to mind when describing him in that instance.

Ramathon

And that's a bologna excuse. Having 'talent' on your team also means having depth sufficient to overcome some injuries. It's not just 'first team' players that counts...it's having 55 players. Do you not think the Whiners miss all the injured/suspended front line players they've had on D?

In the end, "You are what your record says you are", and those with the most overall talent win.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
The defense seems to do OK until they get stuck on the field for extended periods of time and on the sideline for extremely short periods of time after the 2 qtr.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
I have posted many times that Davis is not the reason we are losing and I still believe that he's played well enough in all but the KC game for this team to have won if everyone else played well.
I can't help but believe on the other hand that with the way our wr corps has improved Sam would be able to make up for the deficiencies that we've suffered on defense with his play and that his superior arm strength would force opposing DC's to respect our deep ball more ,even to the extent that our run game would benefit.
That Davis has a good passer rating is wonderful, but it only indicates to me that Shotty has called the games to his strengths and I can't imagine a guy in his third year under Shotty and the superior arm Sam has wouldn't be torching people .
As much as I like Davis I too am sure with Sam we'd be over .500 now
With Bradford in the Dallas,Philadelphia and SF game I believe we would have won because he would not have thrown a pick 6.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
And that's a bologna excuse. Having 'talent' on your team also means having depth sufficient to overcome some injuries. It's not just 'first team' players that counts...it's having 55 players. Do you not think the Whiners miss all the injured/suspended front line players they've had on D?

In the end, "You are what your record says you are", and those with the most overall talent win.

How many teams have 55 starting calibre players? That's rediculous.

And if the Niners Lost three interior linemen, Kap, Aldon Smith, and Crabtree, they'd be a bad team. You're comparing apples and oranges in terms of health of the two teams. Not even close, man.

On the flip side, Give me Bradford, Long and quick back and we beat them.

So you're say ARZ is 100% legit? The have the best record in the league. I'd STILL be surprised if they make it to the post season.

Cowboys and Eagles are super legit? We already know we can hang with those phonies.

But apparently we're not crap because we don't have 55 starters and and we almost as bad as the Raiders because that's what our record says.

Just hold onto your seat, you got another thing comin'.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
The injuries hurt a ton. Any other team with injuries in these key places would lose too. Picture the Broncos without Peyton Manning, Demarius Thomas, Ryan Clady, Aqib Talib, Chris Harris, and Demarcus Ware. We are fighting hard with such a crippled team.

The Rams knew about Bradford, Long, and Wells injury history going into the season. They are ultimately what's killing this season, but they can't be used as an excuse anymore.