Hill injury appears legit; doubtful vs Bucs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
IMO, it happened this year because Fisher and company placed all their (cracked) eggs in Bradford's basket. Hill was a good choice at #2 under the circumstances. But as has been talked about, no move was made in the middle rounds to select a QB.

Fisher has always been a riverboat gambler of sort and this time unfortunately we all lose. Had Bradford stayed upright, who knows what would have happened.
I don't think it's a bad thing they put their faith in Bradford. Who could know he would re-injure the same exact leg in the same exact location? It's kind of like Peyton Manning when the Broncos went all-in on him after his neck injury that was by all accounts a ticking time bomb. The only guy they had behind him was Brock Osweiler. Sometimes you just gotta roll with who you have and hope for the best. I do think Hill was an upgrade over Clemens (still), and there's no telling if any of the QBs in this draft would have been a better option. Plus, they weren't planning for the future when they entered into the draft with Bradford almost rehabbed. They will be now, but hindsight in this case is a waste of time, IMO.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I don't think it's a bad thing they put their faith in Bradford. Who could know he would re-injure the same exact leg in the same exact location? It's kind of like Peyton Manning when the Broncos went all-in on him after his neck injury that was by all accounts a ticking time bomb. The only guy they had behind him was Brock Osweiler. Sometimes you just gotta roll with who you have and hope for the best. I do think Hill was an upgrade over Clemens (still), and there's no telling if any of the QBs in this draft would have been a better option. Plus, they weren't planning for the future when they entered into the draft with Bradford almost rehabbed. They will be now, but hindsight in this case is a waste of time, IMO.

Hindsight may well be a waste of time, but except for a few outlier examples, it appears that the chances for a (complete) ACL recovery (including on the field play), often requires a second year to fully recover. I still think that there's an element of healing (nerve regeneration and restricted connective tissue blood flow) issues that compromise the post op recovery process. Anyway, just that questionable element should have warranted some considerations. But yes, that's hindsight. I'm not suggesting that selecting a QB in the middle rounds wound change anything this season, but it also doesn't make next year look very bright as the clock ticks on.

You're right of course about rolling with what you've got, at this point there doesn't seem to be any viable alternative.