Hill in doubt for week 2?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
How do you guys say this stuff after he's played for one freaking game? Good Lord give him a chance.
I've watched his play in preseason and IMHO he is very inconsistant and shows no signs of being a sucessfuly QB. And after the last game it was very obvious.

fearsomefour

Legend
Trade for this guy, sign this other practice squad guy, cut Davis and play Gilbert....these are not answers. QBs are not plug-n-play. It takes time to learn an NFL offense, especially for a young QB. Hill is the QB this year, period. At least until Keenum is ready. If Hill cant go we are going with Davis. Davis is very green, so, his pre snap reads are not going to great a lot of the time. This really limits what his options are going to be. That and his slow release means picks and mistakes. I think that should be expected with a young, green QB. Until the Rams can run the ball it wont matter who is QB. Whoever is in there will face unrelenting blitzes and different looks. Behind Hill (in reality) is Keenum with the sum total of 8 starts. Hill at least has a chance of making teams pay with pre snap reads ect. I am not excited about anyone out there to help this year. Griffin (Saints), McGloin (Raiders)....I like these guys, but, if you were to pick them up they are not helping this year. They would be purely as developmental guys. With the Rams picking up Keenum they have a developmental guy with promise already....why pick up more just to have guys on the practice squad?
This is what we have this year. Its not pretty but it is reality.

fearsomefour

Legend
I've watched his play in preseason and IMHO he is very inconsistant and shows no signs of being a sucessfuly QB. And after the last game it was very obvious.
I think his biggest problem is his mechanics....he winds up and has a terribly slow release....that and lack of experience.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Clowney is having knee surgery, does that mean he's a bust?

Maybe not a bust, but definitely injury prone. The foot injury his last season of college, the hernia operation in the off season and now the knee. This guy obviously just isn't cut out to play football in the NFL.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I have very little faith in Austin Davis. I have much more faith in Shaun Hill. I have NO idea what Case Keenum can do, how long it'll take him to learn the Schottenheimer offense, and how he'd operate outside of Houston.

I am fairly certain that Gilbert shouldn't be playing at all this year - let the guy learn - and bringing in someone like Ryan Griffin, which I would support, is unquestionably a long-term rather than short-term move.

The starter for the Rams, barring an unprecedented run of injuries, will be Hill, followed by Davis, for the remainder of 2014. I really think this is the case. And frankly, a healthy Shaun Hill gives us the best chance to win some games, and maybe (ye gods, I still believe) make a run at the playoffs.