Hill in doubt for week 2?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I want Keenum in there. Not going to happen, but I've seen enough of Austin Davis.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Losing Hill for next week would be a terrible blow.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
man davis just takes to much time to make decisions. i thought he was a scrambler? looked like a deer in headlights a few times.

Call San Diego, offer a 5th round pick for Clemens. Either that or start Keenum, don't care if he's ready, best way to learn a job is by doing it.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Call San Diego, offer a 5th round pick for Clemens. Either that or start Keenum, don't care if he's ready, best way to learn a job is by doing it.
Woof, don't think I can watch Clemens under center for 15 games. That accuracy was dreadful.

V3

Hall of Fame
What would the Rams gain but doing that? Maybe a few wins more, perhaps? That would scream Devaney/Spags desperation move trading for Brandon Lloyd.

goldenram

UDFA
NFL Career..... FYI

Shaun Hill-- 35 Games--599/967 61.9% 41 TDs, 24 Ints, and 18 Fumbles. with a 85.3 QBR. Yesterday: 8/13 61.5% 0 TD, 1 Int,, 0 Fumble. with a 47.3 QBR

Case Keenum-- 8 Games--137/253 54.2% 9 TDs, 6 Ints, 6 Fumbles. with a 78.2 QBR

Austin Davis-- 1 Game--16/23 69.6% 0 TDs, 1 Int, 0 Fumble with a 76.7 QBR

We shouldn't expect miracles...... All 3 guys could probably be 'decent' with a team that wanted to play around them and an OC worth a ..........

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Davis needs to be cut immediately. Bring Gilbert back. At least he has the possibility of improving. Davis has shown what he can do. This is another bad decision by the OC.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Davis needs to be cut immediately. Bring Gilbert back. At least he has the possibility of improving. Davis has shown what he can do. This is another bad decision by the OC.
Gilbert is not ready, and throwing him in at any point this season will have significantly more negative than positive impact on his career.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle

How do you guys say this stuff after he's played for one freaking game? Good Lord give him a chance.

Bluesy

Name
Kyle
It really seems like this is Fisher's element of "being a player's coach" as in he doesn't make his players look bad just by saying he benched someone because he wanted to try something different. I'm really not sure if Hill's injury is legit; I'm sure not sold on it but who am I to question it. The reason I'm not sure about the whole thing is because if the injury is BS then it seems ridiculous to take Hill out after only one half.

Regardless, Fisher has a point if he wants to roll the dice and see what a young guy can do after he gets a bit of experience versus going with Hill and kind of knowing what to expect. Very high risk though in my opinion.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He doesn't deserve one. Then again neither does Gilbert.
Sure they do. They collectively have one game of NFL experience under their belts. Bradford's first game in the NFL was a disaster, and nobody cut bait on him. All that said, I'd rather see Keenum play. But he's not ready yet, I don't think.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Sure they do. They collectively have one game of NFL experience under their belts. Bradford's first game in the NFL was a disaster, and nobody cut bait on him. All that said, I'd rather see Keenum play. But he's not ready yet, I don't think.

I haven't seen much of Keenum at all I admit. I have however seen enough of Davis to know he's not ready to QB a NFL caliber offense imo, as of right now at least. However, it seems he may be our only choice.

Hill is our best option right now if healthy. Until the season is lost he should be starting at QB if available imo. We'll know soon enough if the season really is lost. There will be plenty of games for Davis, Keenum, and Gilbert by then. Maybe even one for someone else.

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There will be plenty of games for Davis, Keenum, and Gilbert by then
omgcw.gif

Bluesy

Name
Kyle
I have however seen enough of Davis to know he's not ready to QB a NFL caliber offense imo, as of right now at least. However, it seems he may be our only choice.

Judging by your reaction you've probably also seen enough to know that Zac Stacy is gonna be garbage this year and Greg Robinson was a bust.

Give them a chance man....

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Judging by your reaction you've probably also seen enough to know that Zac Stacy is gonna be garbage this year and Greg Robinson was a bust.

Give them a chance man....

I've seen enough of Zac Stacy to know he is worthy of continuing to be #1 on the depth chart for our RBs. I haven't seen enough of Robinson to know whether or not he will bust, but I'd say the chances are extremely thin.

Bluesy

Name
Kyle
Point is, if Austin Davis had been a 1st round pick and performed like this we would all forget about it and give him another chance. Like @-X- said, we did with Bradford so don't go jump ship on a guy after you've barely seen anything from him. Same goes with any first round player you draft. You don't call them a bust after one game. Clowney is having knee surgery, does that mean he's a bust? I guess that's up to you, but all I'm saying is we all seem to be over-reacting quite a bit. It's one game. Yeah it looks pretty miserable right now but there's still a chance we turn it around.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
How do you guys say this stuff after he's played for one freaking game? Good Lord give him a chance.
Perhaps he has a feeling, an opinion, or just guessed that the way Davis is starting out, he's doubtful of any professional successes. Nothing wrong with that. He's been in the NFL for 3 years....No wonder he hasn't played in a game until now. The camp reports said he didn't release the ball on time, made bad reads, and would throw crazy looking picks...we saw all of that yesterday.