Hill back at practice friday but limited.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Best news we've gotten in a while. Here's hoping he's good to go Sunday.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Man I hate that it really messes with my fantasy mojo

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'll take it.
It's better than yesterday's report.

Though I do have a hard time believing Fisher let's him play, if there's a risk of extending the injury.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I predicted before the season that Austin will be our starter and that he will eventually do fine. I expect him to begin to relax this wekend.

PhxRam

I predicted before the season that Austin will be our starter and that he will eventually do fine. I expect him to begin to relax this wekend.

I expected him to get hurt at some point, but I thought he would at least make it more then 1/2 of football.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'll take it.
It's better than yesterday's report.

Though I do have a hard time believing Fisher let's him play, if there's a risk of extending the injury.

The season kinda hinges on Hill so I agree if he isn't good to go he isn't going to be on the field.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

Davis needs a ton of time in 7on7 with a 4 second coverage sack whistle.

Do your 3 or 5 step drop and get the ball out, if it's not there check down. No more deep drops and getting sacked.

RamBill

Legend
Rams' quarterback situation unresolved
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/11611/rams-quarterback-situation-unresolved

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams wrapped up their work week Friday afternoon but coach Jeff Fisher isn't ready to make a call on who his starting quarterback will be against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday.

That's because presumptive starter Shaun Hill did not practice most of the week and was extremely limited in Friday's practice because of a quad/thigh injury. The choice between Hill and Austin Davis might not be made until hours before kickoff.

"(Hill is) probably a game-time decision," Fisher said. "We got Austin some reps and Austin is much better suited to play this game this week because of the starter reps he took this week, so we’ll see what happens."

The Ram are confident in QB Austin Davis should starter Shaun Hill be unable to play.
Fisher indicated Friday that Hill had made progress on his injured leg throughout the week, but there wasn't enough to go on to make a decision at this point. Hill was at least in uniform for Friday's practice, but he really didn't participate much as Davis took the bulk of the reps.

Based on the week of practice, one would assume Davis is primed to make his first NFL start, but Fisher and offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer said Hill is far enough along in the offense that he could start without any meaningful practice reps during the week.

"He’s been dialed in, doing everything," Schottenheimer said. "We actually make him call the plays of the quarterbacks in a lot of the walk-thrus that we do. No, if he’s ready to go, we have no problems that he’d go out there and perform well."

And if Hill is not ready to go, Davis will take his long-awaited turn as the starter. Davis got his first NFL game experience last week against Minnesota, going 16-of-23 for 192 yards with no touchdowns and an interception. Those numbers weren't too bad on the surface, but a closer look at the performance revealed plenty of rough patches.

Looking back at his debut, Davis pointed to communication and basic operation as "spotty," pointing out he simply had not had a chance to huddle with the first-team offense before. He also took four sacks, some of which were the product of his inability to get rid of the ball or throw it away. Davis is hopeful that having a week's worth of practice and his three years of knowledge in the offense should allow him to clean up some of those areas.

"There's not a play call that I don't know exactly what the read is and exactly where the ball is supposed to go," Davis said. "It's really just getting game experience. It was great last week to get in and play ball, but I feel very, very comfortable with what we're doing."

The Rams apparently share that sentiment. Schottenheimer said Davis' knowledge of the scheme is such that he wouldn't need to scale the offense back for him.

"He’s really grown, he’s really developed," Schottenheimer said. "Coming from Southern Miss, it’s been a long process, he’s worked really, really hard. Very comfortable calling the game with him. Trust that he’s going to know what to do, do the right things. Again, I think that’s a credit to him."

The other part of the equation is whether to keep two or three quarterbacks active against the Bucs. Third-team signal caller Case Keenum now has a total of six practices with the Rams, but has impressed coaches with his work ethic and desire to get up to speed as fast as possible.

If Keenum is active and does have to play, the Rams will have a much smaller set of plays to work with.

"He beats the coaches in here most days," Schottenheimer said. "He really does. We’re here later than he is, but he’s here early working hard. By the looks of that he’s obviously got ability, and if he has to go for some reason, we’ll keep it simple."

RamBill

Legend
Hill still limited in practice; QB decision will be made on Sunday
• By Joe Lyons

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_6b9bc80e-3d57-5aea-ab10-c32df7007dd1.html

Rams quarterback Shaun Hill (thigh) was limited in practice Friday as backup Austin Davis worked with the starters.

“Obviously, Shaun didn't do much today. It'll probably be a game-time decision,'' Rams coach Jeff Fisher, adding that Hill could start even though he hasn't practiced all week. “He’s got a good enough feel for what we're doing,'' Fisher said. Hill is “improving. We'll evaluate him tomorrow and probably again in pregame warmups.

“It's all about risking additional injury and missing more play time. That's what the decision will be based on.''

Davis, in his third season, made his NFL debut at the start of the second half and completed 16 of 23 passes for 192 yards. He was sacked four times and allowed a a pick-6 for the Vikings' final touchdown in the 34-6 loss.

“Austin's much better suited to play this game this week because of the starter reps that he took this week,'' Fisher said. “He's excited. He's excited for the opportunity, if it happens.''

The other player listed on the injury report is defensive back Lamarcus Joyner (back), who sat out Friday's practice and, like Hill, is questionable. Cornerback Trumaine Johnson (knee) and center Barrett Jones (back) are still several weeks from returning to action.

WEBSTER GROVES' CLAYBORN TO IR

Tampa Bay announced Friday morning that defensive end Adrian Clayborn, a Webster Groves High product, has been placed on injured reserve and is done for the season with a biceps injury.

Clayborn, a fourth-year pro from the University of Iowa, had a tackle in Tampa Bay's 20-14 loss to visiting Carolina last week.

It's the second season-ending injury in three seasons for the 6-foot-3, 280-pound Clayborn, who played just three games in 2012 before going down with a knee injury. The 20th overall draft pick in 2011, he recorded 42 tackles and 7 ½ sacks as a rookie and bounced back from the 2012 injury to post a career-best 64 tackles to go along with 5 ½ sacks a year ago.

Tampa Bay's other starting defensive end, Michael Johnson (ankle), has been ruled out. So have reserve tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins (ankle) and reserve corner Rashaan Melvin (ankle).

Listed as questionable are defensive end Da'Quan Bowers (abdomen), defensive end William Gholston (shoulder), guard London Mankins (knee), running back Doug Martin (knee) and safety Bradley McDougal (knee).

Tackle Demar Dotson (hamstring) is probable.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
When you're a 34 yr old QB i guess day-to-day is more like week-to-week.