Higbee pleads guilty, avoids jail, but NFL action?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe as a staunch Conservative-Patriot, u have God-given, unalienable rights whereby defendants can "stand their ground" and use force without retreating, in order to protect and defend themselves or others against threats or perceived threats.
Too bad he didn't use that as his defense in court

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I believe as a staunch Conservative-Patriot, u have God-given, unalienable rights whereby defendants can "stand their ground" and use force without retreating, in order to protect and defend themselves or others against threats or perceived threats.

Nope.

You dont' have that from any god at all.

You have laws, made by men, or humans anyway, that have nothing to do with anyone's gods.

Thankfully.

The idea of anything god given has never been sensible.

It begs the question "who's god, what god".

And does it apply internationally LOLOL.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Joe Mixon broke a girl's face and Laremy Tunsil's stepdad posted a video of him hitting a bong and they're both good, so I doubt the NFL will act on a he said/she said bar scuffle.I think this is a smart move by Higbee to move on and focus on his NFL career (as long as he does the community service).

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Joe Mixon

Should be in jail.

And I get it he paid her offso she would say "it's OK" but if you have seen the video its digusting. And the guys who were with him that just look at her and walk away are tempting karma.

That was a bad, bad thing to do.

Mick

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Should be in jail.

And I get it he paid her offso she would say "it's OK" but if you have seen the video its digusting. And the guys who were with him that just look at her and walk away are tempting karma.

That was a bad, bad thing to do.
No such thing as Karma....the idea of Karma has never been sensible, and also, does Karma apply internationally? ;)

RedRam

Pro Bowler
There is no justice in "justice system" anymore. The Saudi a-hole deserved to get knocked the freak out. I think Higbee got railroaded...

Higbee showed more restraint than I think I would've shown. I've popped a few guys in similar circumstances and the cops didn't do squat. I even had one say, "I would've knocked that guy out too!"

fearsomefour

Legend
Two years for beating some guy up in a bar dispute? That seems pretty harsh. I guess the times are changing. I witness my share of bar fights back in the early nineties. I never saw anyone arrested. Maybe it was the seriousness of the injury.
Seriousness of the injury and Higbee is a giant guy.
The big one if he bailed or evaded the police.
As an aside, nothing more BS that hate crime legislation.
Platitudes for soft minds.

fearsomefour

Legend
The tricky part is "perceived" threat.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
A lot of cats that weren't going to make the roster may do so now by default.

Travis Wilson come on down...