HGH testing starts Monday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/04/hgh-testing-starts-monday/

HGH testing starts Monday
Posted by Mike Florio on October 4, 2014

getty_h_010311_bloodsample.jpg
Getty Images

Lost in the turmoil of the last four weeks, blood testing finally has arrived in the NFL. HGH screening commences on Monday, according to Albert Breer of NFL Media.

Per Breer, NFLPA president Eric Winston alerted players to the details in a recent letter.

Each week of the season, 5 players on 8 teams will be tested,” Winston wrote. “No testing will occur on game days. We negotiated to ensure that the methodology of testing be conducted in the most professional and safest manner for players. Importantly, after three years of negotiating, players won the right to challenge any aspect of the science behind the HGH isoforms test in an appeal of a positive test.”

The players also won the ability to appeal any positive tests to an independent arbitrator, a significant reduction in the powers previously possessed by the Commissioner. Under the new PED and substance-abuse policies, all positive tests will be resolved via neutral arbitration.

For years, various estimates have emerged regarding the percentage of players who use HGH. If any still do, there’s now a much greater chance they’ll be caught.

V3

Hall of Fame
I like that they're using neutral arbitration. I'm curious how long HGH stays in the body?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I like that they're using neutral arbitration. I'm curious how long HGH stays in the body?

Not long I've heard. It's out of your system within 24 hours.

A55VA6

Legend
Whoever gets suspended for it is an idiot because they knew this was coming. haha.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

it's undetectable in a day......... this is window dressing they're not doing anything like the serious testing in other sports. but it's a step in the right direction and this is going to be a process and it will take time.

the fact that they are not testing offseason is stupid

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd say that the Seahawks are about to lose quite a few contributors but they'll find a way not to be one of those 8 teams...EVER. :LOL:

LooNaTik83

Human Growth Hormones? Wow....So this is an anti-aging agent, so what, do people expect to play football forever? Ridiculous, and what a good way to divert the real issues that is going on in the NFL.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
A step in the right direction yes, but not close to where it should be at IMO.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Basically, they are testing for stupidity given that they are alerting the players before.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
We'll probably get screwed somehow in this deal.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Basically, they are testing for stupidity given that they are alerting the players before.
exactly, HGH is another drug where blood levels return to normal pretty soon....I'd bet they still catch a few that believe they need it for Sunday's....Probably a few Clomid users too....
What if PED's helped players stay injury-free? Or recover from concussions or hamstring or ACL tears faster? Would they ever consider using them in a limited capacity?