Hey Tutu... Here's your next week practice assignment

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
1629652705503.png

Best way to help this team in 2021: get good at returns holmes.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Hahaha. Funny, everyone last night was so worried about him getting smashed left and right... I'm concerned by that but I'd be petrified if he's our permanent KR and not just PR this year...

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I like what I have seen out of him so far. I think Talib was right - we won’t see much of him this year on Offense unless DJax goes down.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hahaha. Funny, everyone last night was so worried about him getting smashed left and right... I'm concerned by that but I'd be petrified if he's our permanent KR and not just PR this year...
The guy is 5th on our WR depth chart so that's a guy where you just trot his ass out there for returns and hope he survives. This is not some guy we're banking on to help us have offense. He's not Kupp. We can risk him and now we need to risk him.

And tbh the best return guys are never all that big. I was looking at the returners earlier this year from this past draft class since I figured we might take one and the one who looked like our target was Eskridge who I doubt lives up to his listed weight. Kadarius Toney same thing. Dazz Newsome also.

Time for Tutu to put those big boy pants on and show what he's got.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He's a rookie 2nd round pick.
Not a top 10, not even a top 50 pick.
He does have Jets and he does make contested catches, he does get open deep, he does track the ball well, he does need to add mass, he is small, he does go down easy, he is raw and he did miss most of camp.
But still, most of all, he is a rookie and a Ram.

The concern over him seems almost, I dunno, over exaggerated? I mean, it's like people are in a big hurry to decide if he's already a bust or not. Good grief.

Tano

Legend
He's a rookie 2nd round pick.
Not a top 10, not even a top 50 pick.
He does have Jets and he does make contested catches, he does get open deep, he does track the ball well, he does need to add mass, he is small, he does go down easy, he is raw and he did miss most of camp.
But still, most of all, he is a rookie and a Ram.

The concern over him seems almost, I dunno, over exaggerated? I mean, it's like people are in a big hurry to decide if he's already a bust or not. Good grief.
It's just that I wanted Creed Humphrey instead of Tutu and damn Creed looked good Friday night.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's just that I wanted Creed Humphrey instead of Tutu and damn Creed looked good Friday night.

I get it. Really.
I've been on the "draft o-line" bus since we foolishly let Roger Saffold walk.

…..

Legend
I dunno about deciding he’s a bust but I didnt like the pick AT ALL given our other needs and the fact that it was our first damn pick and the fact that we already went through one tiny speedster we paid 49 million for a consistent 2 yards on 3rd and 3

The concerns being shared about size, durability, etc, well we knew those the moment he was selected so mentioning those at this point is unfair to him.

Now we need to turn our attention supporting our team and I gotta say he’s been tough so far, and has soft hands. Route running is going to improve. He very fluid fast, not choppy fast like Tavon was. He understands vertical movement with the exception of one jet sweep last night.

So theres hope. It wont be too long before he does something cool to make us luv him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’m glad Atwell goes down easy. Maybe it will keep him healthy. But what drove me nuts about Tavon was how easily he could get bumped off his route. I hope that doesn’t happen to Atwell.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Chatarius Atwell is someone I hope will learn the intricacies of being a solid deep threat from Desean. I like how he goes north-south on returns, but I don't think he's going to make his money on teams. I just hope he doesn't get hurt.

Was not a fan of the pick, and Atwell still has to prove himself.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If he could give us a return team who can flip the field occasionally it would be an enormous impact. So I think McVay needs to give his ass to DeCamillis for the rest of camp. Here you go bro now make him a badass returner. :horns::laugh2::horns:

Ram65

Legend
Tutu needs to take over the return job. He had room to run on the fair catch. Obviously, ball security is important first and foremost. He needs more reps to get the feel of the oncoming gunners and securing the catch. I think he can be effective with his speed and better blocking. On any low kicks or kicks that outdo the coverage, he can use that speed for big gains.

He is still learning on offense. He does look really small out there. He made some catches while taking some big hits. We didn't see McVay scheme to get him open. If he turned inside on the one bubble screen he had room to run. At some point when he gets more experience and has Stafford throwing to him he will have good value. He is going to have to go over the middle to open up the easy outside routes.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If he could give us a return team who can flip the field occasionally it would be an enormous impact. So I think McVay needs to give his ass to DeCamillis for the rest of camp. Here you go bro now make him a badass returner. :horns::laugh2::horns:
I agree. Keep him up to speed so he he's prepared to go on O... but the best case scenario for Atwell and the Rams is for him to play well at returner this year. Focusing his time and energy on being the best return man he can be this year just feels like the smart call on a team with impressive veteran depth at WR.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Chatarius Atwell is someone I hope will learn the intricacies of being a solid deep threat from Desean. I like how he goes north-south on returns, but I don't think he's going to make his money on teams. I just hope he doesn't get hurt.

Was not a fan of the pick, and Atwell still has to prove himself.

Are you talking about TuTu? :sunglasses: