Hey Steelers - Stay the Hell Away From Tru

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Correct that's a good word to use here manageable. Agree with you on Mo. Its possible that when they loose Mark Barron in March that Mo could slip down some into the position Barron played when needed. Yes, McDonald is a future star playing strong safety need to keep especially if they loose FS Rod McLeod to free agency.

Your Brockers comment is interesting. I have been looking hard & posted several times about those very talented NT/DT prospects in this up coming draft. I have no ideal how Fisher feel about Brockers & the $$$ Brockers is sure to warrant next season at this time. The future cap $$$ needed to sigh a UFA DT like Aaron Donald (100 million?? Suh like) is sure to enter the picture in the Brockers contract thought.

A rookie Nose Tackle is a present need with the loss of Fairley how would it look with the loss of Brockers next yr at this time. I tend to think your "he's a player that can be sacrificed" has some serious merit if there was a talented rookie drafted this May. if not Fisher will be in one huge sour pickle in dealing with a UFA Brockers.

Eh. I think Brockers can be replaced by a reasonably priced FA next year if he walks. He's an important role player but you usually find reasonably priced run stoppers. But I like Brockers. I'd like to keep him. Price has to be right, though.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Oh right, you are a "2 team" guy. :burp:

oh-the-horror.jpg

lockdnram21

Legend
The only CB in the league with more ints than Tru since 2012 is dick sherman. Tru will be in the conversation of best CB in the NFL in the next season or 2, possibly this off-season.
No he want. He gets burned by speed receivers to much and he doesn't cover #1 receivers often

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Yes they can but Fisher will have to make some serious releases of big contract low production veterans...just like everyone else does every season. Fisher has not had to make these type hard decisions here as the Rams HC until now.

I think they can keep both too and would like to see it happen but it will probably take upwards of 20 million in cap space to make that happen. Even though the Rams could have between to 50 or 60 mil in cap space with some roster cuts that is still a big chunk for just two guys.

Another key element that will enter into this seasons UFA signings (JJ & tru) is the free agency next season .....that will be even harder & larger. With four former Ram first round draft selections being UFA's (Brockers/Austin/Ogletree/Long) with other key young players (TJ McDonald/Stedman Bailey/Kenny Britt/Garrett Reynolds/Akeem Ayers) along with Westbrooks/Roberson/Longacre/Tricant-Pasat).

Boni you make a good point that planning for next season's FA will be very important with how they attack this year's FA class. To me TJ is the biggest priority of the 2017 FA class by far (I think he is on the cusp of becoming a pro bowler). Picking up Ogletree's 1 year option is a bargain no brainer but picking up Tavon's is not so cut and dried as his will be north of 8 Million. I agree with you guys that Brockers is valuable but if he wants to break the bank the Rams have to let him walk.

Looks to me the great benefits of all the previous Snead/Fisher drafts are running towards a conclusion in the near future. Keeping even half of these young talented Rams will be difficult. The window of opportunity to cease fully the great fortunes of the bounty of the Rams draft trades is beginning to slide shut at the end of this upcoming 2016 season.

The window is closing and the reality is that they will have to sacrifice some of their past draft bounty on the alter of free agency. At this point other than signing an impact WR like Jeffrey I would like to see the Rams concentrate their cap dollars on retaining as many of their own the core FA's that they drafted. Not having an extremely expensive cap hit for a franchise QB in the $20 Million range does allow the Rams to spend more in other areas to bolster the team but Foles' $8 Mil in guaranteed money on the books still hurts and was a blunder by Rams Management IMO that may cost them a player or two.

We have to find a way to keep our defense intact. That means Barron and McLeod as well as Jenkins and Johnson. If that means cutting bait with guys like Cook, Larinaitis, and Long, then so be it. I love the latter two as players, leaders, and people...but we can't afford to let the talented players go.

I Agree that we need to keep the defense intact but I feel differently about Long and JL than many. I think both are still important cogs. With such a young team these guys provide valuable vet leadership. It is clear Long's current salary for 2016 is untenable but I think a fully healthy Long is still an above average DE and I hope the Rams can find a way to restructure and extend Long on a three year incentive-laden deal this offseason. JL's 2016 base salary is manageable for a guy who is the QB of Williams defense and to JL's credit he never comes of the field and does not miss games. I do not hate Cook but he is a goner with that bloated salary he carries.

Last edited:

sdakotaram

Rookie
Name
sdakotaram
Thinking about Tru wanting to resign with us......Fisher/Rams may have the inside track.....wasn't Fisher's son and Tru friends/roommates at Montana??? Tru may have loyality towards Fisher??