Hey RamFan503 Question For You

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

I was checking out you BBQ site and was thinking of ordering some of that napalm sauce. How hot is it? I like stuff stupid hot so the hotter the better.

Also.

I am thinking about a beef brisket on the smoker for the first time. Any tips/suggestions? Should I be using rub with a finishing sauce?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
PhxRam said:
I was checking out you BBQ site and was thinking of ordering some of that napalm sauce. How hot is it? I like stuff stupid hot so the hotter the better.

Also.

I am thinking about a beef brisket on the smoker for the first time. Any tips/suggestions? Should I be using rub with a finishing sauce?

Didn't ask me, but I didn't see a response. I cook these quite a bit. Allow yourself 7 - 10 hours depending on the size.

Use a nice dry rub. I use:
equal parts 1 oz:
granulated garlic
granulated onion
dry chopped onions
white pepper
black pepper
cumin
oregano
paprika
Then...
3 tablespoons coarse salt
1 tablespoon new mexico chile powder
1 tablespoon cayenne (if you want it spicier)
1/2 cup brown sugar.
This is a fairly low salt rub.

Apply the rub generously, after trimming the fat to 1/4 inch. Wrap in plastic and let it sit overnight. Take it out of the fridge at least an hour before you start smoking it. It should be at room temp before you smoke it. Smoke fat side up. Some people will rub mustard over it before cooking. I've made it both ways.

Smoker temp: 200 - 225 degrees. Keep checking it.

After a few hours, get it wet. You could use apple cider in a spray bottle, a finishing type sauce, or a beer concoction.

After 2 more hours, wrap the brisket in heavy-duty foil and pour your sauce on top of brisket and seal it tightly. (It won't take any more smoke at this point, and this will keep it moist and help it cook faster.) Continue to cook in smoker for another 2 to 4 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 185 degrees F.

Enjoy. I like BBQ sauce with my brisket and finishing sauce on my pulled pork.