Hey Fisher, get a damn QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramatik

Starter
I enjoyed the read. X, 503 and Selassie... well done.

I wish I could comment. But I will refrain as I don't have the tact.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As somebody who has changed teams in another sport once I understand both sides of the argument. Question somebody's fandom all you want but what it comes down to is its none of your damned business if or why somebody changes who they root for.

As for me I wasn't always a Dodger fan and the Astros weren't always in th AL. But when they moved to the AL one of my favorite atheletes ever became part of the new Dodgers ownership group.

Ramatik

Starter
I agree Old School, it's none of my damned business.

Then don't come in and make a public announcement on what's wrong with my team for ten pages, just go shut up and go away.

FRO

Legend
Because Fitzpatrick is a turnover machine who has been no better than Keenum when not playing for Chan Gailey.
The only place Fitz fits is in NY, and its quite evident the league feels the same way.
The Jets paced their season in his hands in Buffalo, and he folded like a cheap suit. They aren't in a rush to re-sign him either
I firmly believe that in the offense that the Rams use, Keenum is at the very least equal to Fitz in passing ability and his mobility is better.
That said, I am in the "hope we move up to pick Goff/Wentz" group, as I cant see when we will ever get a chance to get a top 5 QB again if we start winning 8-9 games per year.
And I would support the "surround Keenum with weapons from the draft" if that's how they go.

Lastly, I find it bizarre that a guy with as many posts as you is referring to the team as "you guys" and "your team". I get the whole St Louis disappointment, but how about just calling them "The Rams"?
You're ignoring that Fitzpatrick had a very solid year before in Houston.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
I've said before that my worthless preference would be for the Rams to get their QB, whomever that is. If it's Wentz, go get him. If it's Goff, go get him. If it's Lynch, go get him. Don't expect him to fall to 15... he won't. For all of the defenders, outside of Wentz and Goff, there's maybe Lynch and Cook who could maybe go in the 1st and then? It's a mystery and none of them look like starters.

That said, I can't ignore Snisher's preferences and past actions and I really think that it's looking more and more like they aren't going to go after EITHER of the top 2 QBs.

Fear Not! We got Mackeyser. time and math on our side. Within a couple of years Brady, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, and Carson Palmer will retire.

Every year 12 teams make the playoffs. Those 12 quarterbacks had to come from somewhere. Most of the playoff QB's come from the 1st round. Last year the Texan's were an exception. Brian Hoyer was an undrafted free agent. In many ways the Texans are the AFC's analog of The Rams. Dominating defense, especially defensive line. We got better running backs , the Texans have better wide receivers, and we both have inferior QB play. The Texans were shut out 30-0 in the Wildcard round. Obviously, since paying thru the nose for Brock Osweiler, they pinpointed QB play as their key weakness.

Bottom Line- Out of last years final 8 playoff teams only Brady and Russell Wilson were not 1st round draft picks! 75% of the final 8 teams had QB's drafted in the first round.

75% of final 8 2014 playoff teams were Quarterbacked by 1st round quarterbacks. I won't belabor the point anymore :deadhorse:except to say we have we have two 3rd round QB's on our roster, and our starter went undrafted.

I respect Jrry32's eye when it comes to spotting Quarterback talent. On another thread he answered my question on where this year QB's would be drafted compared to past drafts. Allow me to copy and paste Jrry32's answer....

Something like this:
1. Luck

2. RGIII
3. Winston

4. Mariota
5. Goff
6. Wentz

7. Bortles
8. Tannehill

9. Lynch

10. Bridgewater
11. Carr
12. Cook

Logical conclusions- 3 to 4 Quarterbacks will be drafted in the first round this year. Unless we catch a DUD year like 2013 draft ( 2nd round Geno Smith and #16 pick EJ Manual) The odds are more then one of this year's 1st round QB's will lead their team to the playoffs more then one time. Perhaps we don't have to move up. Maybe we can nab Paxton Lynch at 15. Let me backtrack, I agree with Mackeyser, if we draft Paxton Lynch we'll have to trade up, because if Lynch is still there at 15, it means the scouts consensus is...Paxton isn't good enough.

I'm almost positive Snead Fish are tossing smoke bombs. I'm sure Snead and Fisher know the odds of making the playoffs with our current QB crew, much less reaching a Superbowl. Don't you know Foles bit Snead Fish in the ass.:eek:

During free agency they've set themselves up for drafting a QB in the first round this year. Mark my words, they're going to do it! Sneed is patiently watching from the sidelines as the Bronco's and Jet's and others scramble for the last free agency musical QB chair. Thus leaving fewer QB needy teams come draft time, thus decreasing the price of moving up to draft our Franchise QB. Hide and watch it happen.

For those of you who disagree with me put your ROD dollars where your mouth is...A friendly wager? I bet we draft a QB in the first round.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're ignoring that Fitzpatrick had a very solid year before in Houston.
Actually, I am not. A cursory look at his stats may give an impression he played well, but the 6 TD game he had inflates the season's worth.
He was actually quite pedestrian in that offense and was benched for Ryan Mallett of all people. Mallett got hurt, and he got the job back, only to get hurt himself. Like they did with with Keenum, they traded him away for a bag of balls because they preferred to upgrade to Brian Hoyer of all people.
He's got an offer of around t mill per year with the Jets that he doesn't want, so you cant convince me that he's worth triple of what they are paying Keenum. And like I said, at worst I think they're even

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Fear Not! We got Mackeyser. time and math on our side. Within a couple of years Brady, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, and Carson Palmer will retire.

Every year 12 teams make the playoffs. Those 12 quarterbacks had to come from somewhere. Most of the playoff QB's come from the 1st round. Last year the Texan's were an exception. Brian Hoyer was an undrafted free agent. In many ways the Texans are the AFC's analog of The Rams. Dominating defense, especially defensive line. We got better running backs , the Texans have better wide receivers, and we both have inferior QB play. The Texans were shut out 30-0 in the Wildcard round. Obviously, since paying thru the nose for Brock Osweiler, they pinpointed QB play as their key weakness.

Bottom Line- Out of last years final 8 playoff teams only Brady and Russell Wilson were not 1st round draft picks! 75% of the final 8 teams had QB's drafted in the first round.

75% of final 8 2014 playoff teams were Quarterbacked by 1st round quarterbacks. I won't belabor the point anymore :deadhorse:except to say we have we have two 3rd round QB's on our roster, and our starter went undrafted.

I respect Jrry32's eye when it comes to spotting Quarterback talent. On another thread he answered my question on where this year QB's would be drafted compared to past drafts. Allow me to copy and paste Jrry32's answer....

Something like this:
1. Luck

2. RGIII
3. Winston

4. Mariota
5. Goff
6. Wentz

7. Bortles
8. Tannehill

9. Lynch

10. Bridgewater
11. Carr
12. Cook

Logical conclusions- 3 to 4 Quarterbacks will be drafted in the first round this year. Unless we catch a DUD year like 2013 draft ( 2nd round Geno Smith and #16 pick EJ Manual) The odds are more then one of this year's 1st round QB's will lead their team to the playoffs more then one time. Perhaps we don't have to move up. Maybe we can nab Paxton Lynch at 15. Let me backtrack, I agree with Mackeyser, if we draft Paxton Lynch we'll have to trade up, because if Lynch is still there at 15, it means the scouts consensus is...Paxton isn't good enough.

I'm almost positive Snead Fish are tossing smoke bombs. I'm sure Snead and Fisher know the odds of making the playoffs with our current QB crew, much less reaching a Superbowl. Don't you know Foles bit Snead Fish in the ass.:eek:

During free agency they've set themselves up for drafting a QB in the first round this year. Mark my words, they're going to do it! Sneed is patiently watching from the sidelines as the Bronco's and Jet's and others scramble for the last free agency musical QB chair. Thus leaving fewer QB needy teams come draft time, thus decreasing the price of moving up to draft our Franchise QB. Hide and watch it happen.

For those of you who disagree with me put your ROD dollars where your mouth is...A friendly wager? I bet we draft a QB in the first round.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

Then don't come in and make a public announcement on what's wrong with my team for ten pages, just go shut up and go away.
Wish I could like this one more than once!

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Wow this has been as contentious a thread as this forum gets.... In my humble opinion the Rams will go nowhere until they get a franchise QB. So Im all in on trading up for preferably Wentz or for Goff and set this team up to actually win. QB is the single largest thing holding this team back now. It time to go fix the problem not throw a bandaid on it and hope for a miracle. If they dont get a QB they will be right here in the same 10-15 draft spot theyve been in next year.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Logical conclusions- if we draft Paxton Lynch we'll have to trade up, because if Lynch is still there at 15, it means the scouts consensus is...Paxton isn't good enough.

I don't actual get your logic

you say 75% of QB's in the playoffs were taken in round 1 - and then go on to say if Lynch is available at #15 there is a consensus amongst scouts that he isn't good enough....

But isn't that the 1st???

So which is it?
QB's taken within the 1st or before #15?

I just think it doesn't make sense to be qualifying where a QB is taken in first - as if that now determines if they are good or not, when it clearly means scouts love the guy - I mean if that's your argument is that players taken in the 1st make the playoffs 75% of the time

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Better question is...why are you still talking about it when the conversation has moved on? Did I say something that struck a nerve?

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
This is exactly how I see it too. First, look at the 12 qbs on that list-----all, including Cook are better than Keenum. We don't have trade up to the 1st pick in the draft to upgrade the worst position on the team; therefore, we won't have to "sell the farm" to get ourselves improved qb play. At this point we don't even know what'll it take to move up or how high we have to get to. I don't consider trading the 15th, an extra 2nd, a 4th this year plus as much as a 2nd next year as "selling the farm"; how high can we get with that package---5th or 6th? So we'd end up with 6th, a 2nd, a 3rd and a 6th---could get a starting qb, wr in the 2nd(there's no Coopers/ Kevin Whites, or Deandre Hopkins in this draft), and a pretty good te in the 3rd (Jerrell Adams/Tyler Higbee, or). We need a good qb to take advantage od the defense when they start stacking the los to stop Gurley. Finally, the last time they felt they were in dire need of a playmaker they traded UP for Tavon, they know they're in dire need for at least average qb play this year----so inho, a trade up is the best option.

Something like this:
1. Luck

2. RGIII
3. Winston

4. Mariota
5. Goff
6. Wentz

7. Bortles
8. Tannehill

9. Lynch

10. Bridgewater
11. Carr
12. Cook

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

No as a Rams fan I will post at will. This forum is also open to fans of other teams with honest criticisms. The forum has an ignore option I've used it once, if somebody offends you feel free to use it.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
No as a Rams fan I will post at will. This forum is also open to fans of other teams with honest criticisms. The forum has an ignore option I've used it once, if somebody offends you feel free to use it.
You're sounding more like "NewSchool". Old school fans would/could never change allegiance to their teams.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The Rams have the market to make far more money if they win. I'm pretty sure they want to win.
Oh c'mon man teams just trot this entertainment out there and in the back room they share all that extra money from the playoffs and merchandise sales, right? There no emphasis on winning. Those guys that own teams just do that for a hobby, they don't really care about winning. o_O

FRO

Legend
Actually, I am not. A cursory look at his stats may give an impression he played well, but the 6 TD game he had inflates the season's worth.
He was actually quite pedestrian in that offense and was benched for Ryan Mallett of all people. Mallett got hurt, and he got the job back, only to get hurt himself. Like they did with with Keenum, they traded him away for a bag of balls because they preferred to upgrade to Brian Hoyer of all people.
He's got an offer of around t mill per year with the Jets that he doesn't want, so you cant convince me that he's worth triple of what they are paying Keenum. And like I said, at worst I think they're even
And a cursory look at Keenum's stats shows that outside the Tampa Bay game he was very pedestrian to below average. There is no debate that Fitzpatrick is the superior QB. But what do I know.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
And a cursory look at Keenum's stats shows that outside the Tampa Bay game he was very pedestrian to below average. There is no debate that Fitzpatrick is the superior QB. But what do I know.

I would debate it. Too many intangibles to work with.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Everything else being equal, I would rather have Fitzpatrick than Keenum, although since I would expect Fitzpatrick to decline and Keenum to improve at least a bit it's closer than you might think. But keep in mind that Fitzpatrick is a turn over machine at times. And also keep in mind that things aren't equal. The amount of money that Fitzpatrick would cost is a ton more than Keenum - meaning that the Rams would have to forego a very good player at least. and it would be a multi-year contract. And Fitzpatrick isn't really the answer anyway. He's currently a better backup than Keenum, but not a guy to pay QB starter salary for several years, when he should be a backup.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see where there isn't debate? Is Fitzpatrick more experienced? Well yes. But is he better? I don't see anything that indicates that.