Here's what I'm feelin' vs Jax

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JRobinson

MiLB
Nervous.

Man oh man, if there is one word that hits home against this team it's this one. Execution.

Smart football with minimal mental lapses. Focus, focus, focus. The Jags have a very good defense as we have seen thus far. Blocking assignments up front will need to continue to be a strong point of our game. GET GURLEY GOING.... which I bet we get it on the ground. We got away a little bit too early it seemed last week, so hopefully TG30 can "carry the load" 25+ times. TEs will need to have a very consistent game in all phases (run blocking included). This Defense boasts two, young, dynamic corners that will man up on Watkins and Woods. Their LBs play sideline to sideline with the likes of Telvin Smith and Myles Jack, so they will be able to run with Higbee and Everett. However, what is so promising about Goff is what he showed me last week (X pointed it out). The fact that he is starting to manipulate defenders with his eyes and check to audibles is very encouraging. That seed he threw to Kupp was legit. Not just in velocity, and in the tight window, but he looked off Earl Thomas to be able to fit it in there. Once again we have to face the dominating Calais Campbell, not a good matchup for our right side. But, they have done pretty respectable this far; we will need it come Sunday.

Jacksonville's offense is actually kinda similar to ours in personal. Stud RB, decent OL (ours is better), and capable WRs (ours are better), makes this unit able to move the ball. But I actually really like our defense against them; so much that I'm starting them in fantasy (Just a tad of a homer). It looks like the D is beginning to get some traction. But I believe if we contain and somewhat stop Fournette, we can come out victorious. But it all comes down to that word... Execution.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Type of defense we have had probs with. Think it will be a close game and we might well be 3-3 afterwards.

Hope our D can shut down that run game. It will be the deciding factor IMO.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think this game will definitely comedown to "Trench Warfare!!" On both sides of the Ball!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Y'all worry too much.
We'll come out slingin' it
and ain't shit they can do about it.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Not only do they have to worry about Fournette, Ivory is a very good change off pace back that can catch and take off. Our back field needs to be SOLID this Sunday. If the D can repeat what they did last Sunday and we cut out our mistakes, I see no problem adding a W to our record.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Y'all worry too much.
and ain't crap they can do about it.

Jalen Ramsey and A.J. Bouye have more touchdowns than the receivers they have have covered in games this year. Then they have Barry Church in behind who is no joke. Their secondary makes Seattle's look average.

Oh, and good luck getting much time in the pocket with guys like Calais Campbell, Malik Jackson, Donte Fowler Jr, Paul Posluszny, and Myles Jack in their front 7.

Ram65

Legend
GET GURLEY GOING.... which I bet we get it on the ground. We got away a little bit too early it seemed last week, so hopefully TG30 can "carry the load" 25+ times. TEs will need to have a very consistent game in all phases (run blocking included).

They do have to run Gurley but, it's not as simple just run Gurley. The offensive line has been good but are not dominate. The Rams need that symbiotic relationship between the run and pass that helps both parts of the offense. The Rams have to keep this defense off balance to stop them from teeing off on Gurely. Mixing up Gurely runs with Goff's accurate passes can do just that. I expect Goff to be more on point this week. The Rams need some nice screen passes, fake and real jet sweeps to help slow down a quick defense. The Jags may take away the middle with Higbee's recent success which could open up the sidelines. I would like to see some quick passes (slants and outs) to Watkins, Woods and Everett to tighten up the defense. Then hit the long ones. Gurley seems to have more room after the Rams have opened up the passing game. They have to keep mixing it up.

JRobinson

MiLB
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They do have to run Gurley but, it's not as simple just run Gurley. The offensive line has been good but are not dominate. The Rams need that symbiotic relationship between the run and pass that helps both parts of the offense. The Rams have to keep this defense off balance to stop them from teeing off on Gurely. Mixing up Gurely runs with Goff's accurate passes can do just that. I expect Goff to be more on point this week. The Rams need some nice screen passes, fake and real jet sweeps to help slow down a quick defense. The Jags may take away the middle with Higbee's recent success which could open up the sidelines. I would like to see some quick passes (slants and outs) to Watkins, Woods and Everett to tighten up the defense. Then hit the long ones. Gurley seems to have more room after the Rams have opened up the passing game. They have to keep mixing it up.

I mean, it's clear that there needs to be balance. But that front 7 is stupid good and Gurley needs to establish himself.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Offense
* Stay with the run until it has been proven, beyond all doubt, that running will not work
* Better creativity than last week... more sweeps... maybe even an option play? :eek:
* Get Gurley involved in the passing game again

Defense
* Shut down the run, period
If you get beat by Bortles, so be it.

Ram65

Legend
I mean, it's clear that there needs to be balance. But that front 7 is stupid good and Gurley needs to establish himself.

I guess balance is obvious. My comments are more about McVay having a better game plan this week. I just don't have the confidence in the Rams run blocking being able to establish dominance over the Jags defense like the Redskins did to the Rams early on. That front seven is stupid good and needs to be kept off balance. I want to see a more well rounded game plan that puts Gurley in a better position to succeed. I don't think McVay has taken advantage of quick hitting passes. He needs better play calls on third and short.

This seemed like a good thread to rant as I am nervous about this game too.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sure hope @-X- is right. Don't like the matchup though. Those two CBs are layin it down, and they get pressure, it's a significantly better defense than the one that just befuddled us at home and now we're away.

Not throwing in the towel or anything, but really not happy with the way our team showed at home vs Seattle and here's a better version of the same type team. Never know, but meh. Not lookin forward to this one.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Y'all worry too much.

They have some strengths throughout their defense.

I'd say they have a pair of corners. And you can't discount their rush.

To the disdain of many around here I'd look to see Tavon used heavily, at least in misdirection. Get these young players second guessing their gaps.

I'd expect to see at least a few plays run in which Sammy Watkins is the primary target on a quick throw, or even the outlet read.

This is a game for Todd and the oline to really make a statement. Let Goff manage a very solid game plan.

Let him throw the ball but continue to spread it around. But this is a game that Todd and the oline go out there and make a statement.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
@Merlin I think the sticking point with your comment is that you say "Those two CBs"

While I undoubtedly agree those two are going to be a matchup, not too mention Barry Church in the secondary.

Bu the one sticking point is that you say TWO. And I hope that is right because we can deploy receivers and attack a defense.

Let's hope we can make them off balance. Second guessing themselves.

I have no doubt in my mind that McVay and Lafleur will have a game plan devised.

We just need to execute.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Y'all worry too much.

200.gif