Here's my dream draft at this point in the season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

duckhunter

Starter
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.draftnikcentral.com/dream-draft/view.cfm?id=105" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.draftnikcentral.com/dream-dr ... cfm?id=105</a>

Add some talent to that O Line.

fearsomefour

Legend
Matthews will be tough to get outside the first 5 or 6 picks unless something changes. That means either the Rams or Redskins are doing a lot of losing. Might have to settle down about 10 or so for the kid from Michigan.
I like those first two picks going OT and DT....whereever there is more value at each pick. Replacing Saffold is a must and finding a dominating sort of DT to put next to Brockers would help the whole front seven. I love Nix as a run stuffer that will demand double teams (freeing up Brockers and the LBs vs. the run). I know he plays NT and would have to adjust to DT but that usually isent as big an issue at 3/4 ends switching to 4/3 ends or tackles. Anyway, Nix will probably be gone top 10 also.

duckhunter

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Redskins are looking more and more like a 4 or 5 Win team. They have given up nearly 1500 yds on D in three games.

Nix is top 10 pick but I have hope the Rams finish a lot better than that. Middle of the pack at least.

V3

Hall of Fame
fearsomefour said:
Matthews will be tough to get outside the first 5 or 6 picks unless something changes. That means either the Rams or Redskins are doing a lot of losing. Might have to settle down about 10 or so for the kid from Michigan.
I like those first two picks going OT and DT....whereever there is more value at each pick. Replacing Saffold is a must and finding a dominating sort of DT to put next to Brockers would help the whole front seven. I love Nix as a run stuffer that will demand double teams (freeing up Brockers and the LBs vs. the run). I know he plays NT and would have to adjust to DT but that usually isent as big an issue at 3/4 ends switching to 4/3 ends or tackles. Anyway, Nix will probably be gone top 10 also.

If you're wanting another DT, that means Brockers wasn't worth the pick. I hate taking run stuffing DT's in the first, let alone the top half. Is that what it's come to? Is Brockers just a run stuffer?

fearsomefour

Legend
Naw, I love Brockers. In fact it sort of irritated me when we were running all four DEs on passing downs. To me it doesnt mean Brockers was a bad pick at all. I am just looking at the best way to improve the front seven. With JL and Ogletree locked in at LB, the DE spots locked up, two young S in place and the top three CB spots set it sort of limits where that pick can go....remembering that QB, WR, TE and (maybe) RB are young and deep (in terms of developing players).
To me it all depends where we are picking. If the Rams end up with a top 10 pick that player should be an immediate impact/pro bowl sort of player. It doesnt matter to me if it is RT or DT a guy that is special at that position will help the team.
Adding a run stuff that high is sort of tough I agree, but, if the guy is a true difference maker in stuffing the run, taking up blockers and keeping the LBs clean there is great value in that. We have pass rushers, a big, physical presence inside could do wonders with helping to free Brockers up as well.
To me first round picks esp high first rounders are all about value. I think the most logicial place those picks can be employed to help the team is the lines, both lines. Now if the Rams see a CB (for example) at 15 that they think has an immediate impact and upgrades the D, go for it.
If the Redskins (or Rams) completely hit the skids and end up in that 4-6 range....would love to trade down (unless there is a franchise type LT there) and keep the extra first round pick train going for another year.

V3

Hall of Fame
fearsomefour said:
Naw, I love Brockers. In fact it sort of irritated me when we were running all four DEs on passing downs. To me it doesnt mean Brockers was a bad pick at all. I am just looking at the best way to improve the front seven. With JL and Ogletree locked in at LB, the DE spots locked up, two young S in place and the top three CB spots set it sort of limits where that pick can go....remembering that QB, WR, TE and (maybe) RB are young and deep (in terms of developing players).
To me it all depends where we are picking. If the Rams end up with a top 10 pick that player should be an immediate impact/pro bowl sort of player. It doesnt matter to me if it is RT or DT a guy that is special at that position will help the team.
Adding a run stuff that high is sort of tough I agree, but, if the guy is a true difference maker in stuffing the run, taking up blockers and keeping the LBs clean there is great value in that. We have pass rushers, a big, physical presence inside could do wonders with helping to free Brockers up as well.
To me first round picks esp high first rounders are all about value. I think the most logicial place those picks can be employed to help the team is the lines, both lines. Now if the Rams see a CB (for example) at 15 that they think has an immediate impact and upgrades the D, go for it.
If the Redskins (or Rams) completely hit the skids and end up in that 4-6 range....would love to trade down (unless there is a franchise type LT there) and keep the extra first round pick train going for another year.

I personally think we have to take a CB next year in the first and most likely will. I think Finnegan has lost a step and would probably be best served playing free safety or being let go(not sure of cap ramifications). When I looked at some sites that show the top CB talents, what got me kinda upset is that they're all like 5'9", 5'10". There were maybe a couple that were 6'. I really don't want anymore small CB's. Trumain is our best CB and he's not small. I want someone that can take on these big WR's that are becoming the norm now in the NFL.

But it's way too early at this point to know who's going to be the best CB's at this point so I'll just wait and see.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am presently thinking much like V3. Its looking like the 50 million CB Cortland Finnegan is trending into FAIL area. We could most likely get by if Cortland was strictly a Nickle back but not at his great cost to this Ram organization as he is now. Rams are paying him big very big $$$ All Pro CB money and we are getting in return a journeyman on field performance. One that could be performed by a player @ a cost less than 14 million. But anyway you look at it Rams need a better 3rd CB/Nickle back in the worse way.

Yes that's a big change up from my long past desires clamoring about the need for a Right OT. but something recently has changed named Joe Barksdale.