Here's How Many Tickets Chiefs, Bills Fans Have Purchased For Neutral-Site AFC Championship

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ROD-BOT

News Feeder

Here's How Many Tickets Chiefs, Bills Fans Have Purchased For Neutral-Site AFC Championship​

The NFL world won't know until Sunday evening whether or not the league's unprecedented plan to potentially play the AFC Championship game in a neutral site will need to be put into action.

But fans of the Kansas City Chiefs and Buffalo Bills are making sure they're prepared just in case.

Mattress Mack Places Huge Bet on Cowboys-49ers

According to a report from NFL Network on Friday, Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, which has been chosen to host a conference title game between the two teams, has already sold more than 50,000 tickets for the matchup.

Ticket purchases have only been opened to season-ticket holders for the Bills and Chiefs who previously opted in to purchase AFC Championship game tickets in Buffalo or Kansas City, according to the report.

Chiefs fans will be seated behind the team's sideline, while Bills supporters will be on the other side of the stadium.

The AFC Championship game will only be played in Atlanta if the Chiefs defeat the Jacksonville Jaguars on Saturday and the Bills beat the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday.

The NFL allowed for the location switch because the league's decision to cancel the Week 17 contest between the Bills and Bengals following Damar Hamlin's collapse on the field, which allowed the Chiefs to pass the Bills in the AFC standings and claim the top seed in the conference despite the fact that the two teams had the same number of losses and the Bills beat the Chiefs in Week 6. The Chiefs still received the first-round bye given to the top seed in each conference, while the Bills beat the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.

While it's impressive to see that many tickets gobbled up before we even know whether or not a game will be played in Atlanta, there should be a good number of seats still available after this weekend. Mercedes-Benz Stadium has a listed capacity of 71,000, but more than 79,000 fans recently crammed into the venue for the Peach Bowl between Georgia and Ohio State on Dec. 31.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Both of those fan bases have just been the cause of their teams being bounced from the playoffs.

Mark it down.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Both of those fan bases have just been the cause of their teams being bounced from the playoffs.

Mark it down.
The Bills seem to be on the rise.IMO you don’t count your chickens before they hatch?
My question would be how many posters here have been to SOFI yet? The Niner Fans owning SOFI against The Rams & Raiders shows me how much ground The Rams need to build there fan base in LA.
Chicks here dig the NINER’s & it’s only going to get worse.

There is a bar in the City(SF) that is a Buffalo Bar & Bills Fans come out in grooves.KC has to lose though. Good luck with that ?

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
They better fucking not… getting the bye and hosting the game is a well deserved reward for being the best thru the regular season gauntlet…

Shades of the ice bowl all over again…
I agree with you, but the NFL gives zero f’s beyond the mighty dollar.