Here’s a “what if” for Trader Les...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
What if Wade doesn’t like Barron’s fit any more than he did Quinn’s or Ogletree’s?

Further, what if Gregg Williams in Cleveland still has the hots for Barron?

Perhaps Snead is dangling Barron in front of GW pending the go ahead from the doctors?

Wouldn’t fetch a kings ransom, I know. Maybe a 4th?

But it would clear more cap space and a roster spot for a LB that really did fit Wade’s D.

I’ve read some comments that Wade really likes Barron, but I wonder. What if that was coachspeak? And since they’re doing a major renovation already, why not just completely replace their starting LB corps with one that truly fits Wade’s desires?

Hmmmmm...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Wade likes Barron and Barron graded out as one of the best LBs in the league against the run.

So... I'm gonna go with "What is 'Barron stays with the Rams' " Alex?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Cleveland actually has a pretty good linebacking crew. Not sure there's a desire to add Barron there. He's good and was good in Williams' scheme but just not sure they'll be a willing trade partner for him.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
What if Wade doesn’t like Barron’s fit any more than he did Quinn’s or Ogletree’s?

Perhaps Snead is dangling Barron in front of GW pending the go ahead from the doctors?

But it would clear more cap space and a roster spot for a LB that really did fit Wade’s D.

I’ve read some comments that Wade really likes Barron, but I wonder. What if that was coachspeak? And since they’re doing a major renovation already, why not just completely replace their starting LB corps with one that truly fits Wade’s desires?

Hmmmmm...

I've read praise from both Wade and McVay on Barron - I think he sticks, but hey, who knows...

Last edited:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I dunno, but even Wade might think replacing all four starting LB's with a new group might take awhile to get the D in synch. Even now , with at least 5 new starters projected, getting them all on the same page is going to be tough. I'm guessing when the 53 is announced, half the D is going to be new. I get their thinking though, might as well get the fix started now,

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky

Hmmmmm...
I really think that Todd Davis will be a Ram. He’s a FA, he’s young, and he fits the scheme.

Fidelis

Semper Fi
Name
Fidelis
I will take Avery Williamson from the Titans...Hes only 26 and good at stuffing the run. Hes a free agent also

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cleveland actually has a pretty good linebacking crew. Not sure there's a desire to add Barron there. He's good and was good in Williams' scheme but just not sure they'll be a willing trade partner for him.
You are so right here.
Frankly I don’t know why people insist that Williams wants any of these players. Particularly Barron. Their LB is pretty good.
We traded Hayes, Gaines, Quinn and now Tree. None of which to Cleveland.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Davis and Williamson are both good vs the run. Both though have pass game deficiencies. There is no perfect answer in free agency.

That said Wade and Berry spent a lot of time at the combine with the linebackers. Wade historically has started 4th rounders or later at his ILB spots. We have a lot of day 3 picks, anybody seeing a correlation here?

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Davis and Williamson are both good vs the run. Both though have pass game deficiencies. There is no perfect answer in free agency.

That said Wade and Berry spent a lot of time at the combine with the linebackers. Wade historically has started 4th rounders or later at his ILB spots. We have a lot of day 3 picks, anybody seeing a correlation here?

I'm sure it's just pure coincidence @OldSchool :whistle:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They can't replace everyone in one offseason. Neither Barron nor Tree were top-shelf starters on the interior, as neither give you consistency vs the run. The fact they cut bait with Tree was a surprise mostly due to the fact they just signed him tbh. And fact is that what Barron is making puts a target on his head whether or not the Rams pull the trigger.

Who knows maybe they keep Barron for this season. But he represents a lot of potential cost savings they're going to need for their key players, so at some point that check is coming due. Just comes down, IMO, to whether they feel it's something they can do now.

Clearly the Rams looked at that loss vs Atlanta and prioritized fixing the run defense. Gotta give them cred on their aggression in going after what they feel they gotta do. But I wouldn't sit back just yet and assume they're done on the purging side of things.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How many new topics are you gonna flood the forums with? Jeez.

So, you come to the board to look at a blank screen, JRobinson?

Too many thread topics to suit you? Lol.

Now I think that I’ve heard everything.

Feel perfectly free to not click on any thread topic that doesn’t interest you, man.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I really think that Todd Davis will be a Ram. He’s a FA, he’s young, and he fits the scheme.

will see the direction fairly quick . We now know we need a MLB .

Last year going into the draft it was 100% chance The Rams we’re drafting a TE early.

Les Snead’s trade back last year was perfect !!

The Rams liked Gerald Everett & traded back for a 3rd rd pick for it.

The risk was losing Everett by moving back.Snead trusted his board.

If Everett was not there The Rams had a couple extra TE ‘s they could draft or work around with the extra 3rd pick.

The value of the draft can be by position. A deep CB & LB draft can bring a few real nice pieces.

With all the extra 4th & 6 th rd picks it gives The Rams a lot of different ways it can move up & back.

If The Rams trade back with there first rd pick.
They can find a few starters. It’s all about layers.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
No worries 43, :grouphug:every thread you've started was good one.:football:

Don't understand why its got burr under yer azz Jrob?

JRobinson

MiLB
So, you come to the board to look at a blank screen, JRobinson?

Too many thread topics to suit you? Lol.

Now I think that I’ve heard everything.

Feel perfectly free to not click on any thread topic that doesn’t interest you, man.

Nah bud. I come on the boards to read topics that are relevant and not just stating obvious facts. Speciation threads, like this one and the other two you started, seem like topics to get click bait; you got me... sucked me right in.

So the question is, why not state your speculation statements in one thread instead of flooding the forums?