Here's a name from the past that'll make you shudder

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Larry Marmie. :eek:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...to-have-coaching-staff-filled-with-nfl-names/

San Diego AAF team to have coaching staff filled with NFL names
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on June 1, 2018

gettyimages-107546458-e1527827033230.jpg

Getty Images

The Alliance of American Football is planning to bring professional football back to San Diego with former St. Louis Rams head coach Mike Martz serving as the head coach of the franchise.

According to Tom Krasovic of the San Diego Union-Tribune, Martz’s coaching staff will be filled with many prominent names with NFL backgrounds as well.

Jon Kitna will serve as the team’s offensive coordinator with former Rams and Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Larry Marmie serving as the team’s defensive coordinator. Hall of Fame offensive lineman Jackie Slater, T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Dre Bly will also coach on Martz’s staff.

Marmie has 15 years of coaching experience in the NFL serving most recently as a senior defensive assistant under Lovie Smith with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2014-15. Kitna spent parts of 17 seasons as a quarterback in the NFL after initially signing with the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted free agent in 1996.

Slater played parts of 20 seasons for the Rams before being inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2001. He’s spent the last seven years serving as an offensive line coach at Division II Azusa Pacific University. Houshmandzadeh and Bly spent a combined 23 seasons in the NFL with three Pro Bowl appearances between them.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Wow, that’s a lot of names that I haven’t heard in awhile. This AAF league is not playing around. They are going after all the old NFL names they can find.

TexasRam

Legend
Imagine the practices. Martz offense vs Larry Marmie Defense. :rolllaugh::football:

Martz :mrburnsevil:

Marmie :giveup:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Wow... Jackie Slater!

Orlando has a team but now it looks like I'm gonna be a fan of San Diego's team.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, I will root for San Diego, but Martz needs to understand that Larry Marmie is not a good DC. I realize Martz feels he owes everything to Marmie for giving him the opportunities at Arizona State, but IMHO, Marmie got Martz fired...At that level, it will be all about teaching, but Marmie is 75, move on Mike and give some younger guy a chance.

Granted Marmie knows how Mike takes his coffee and that he likes a chocolate doughnut with sprinkles on top, but enough!

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Gee.... I had a decent day going until I saw "Marmie". Just thinking about the problems one of his defenses presented. (and not to the opposing coaching staffs.....to his own....), set me back a few hours......

Psycho_X

Legend
Wow, after all these years Martz still hasn't learned from one of his biggest mistakes in hiring Marmie to be DC and not dumping him the first chance he got. Martz and Fisher are like opposite ends of the spectrum as far as coaching pedigrees yet they are soooo much alike. I fully expect someone in the AAF to hire Fisher next and he'll make Rob Boras his OC and him and Martz will have the most boring head to head game ever.

…..

Legend
The name Marmie does indeed make me shudder.

But the name Houshmanzadda....that makes me think "Championship!"

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Larry Marmie defense = Rob Boras offense

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only thing I can think of is that Martz figures people want to see 51-48 type games instead of the 51-10 ones....

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Not a Martz worshiper, he had a nice little run then found himself way in over his head ( least thats my perspective)