Henry Melton Visiting today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Is an injured/mentally unstable Melton an improvement on Langford? Melton would probably cost more, too.

There is a reason he would cost more. If he is healthy he can get after the QB. I am not saying he is a no brainer upgrade over Langford, even if he is not, the depth would be much better. A true rotation would be great.

fearsomefour

Legend
I never said it wasnt a good idea to sign Melton, I would love it. I just dont think it means we toss Langford to the curve if we sign him. We need more than two good DTs. Langford was no slouch rushing the passer either he had 5.5 sacks and 18 QB hurries, was better than brockers in this department. Plus langford has been healthy his entire career you cant say that about melton.
I agree with all of this.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Fisher likes to rotate the DL, and we all know that we need beef in the trenches to win our division. We also know that the games that we won last year, we dominated the opponent, sometimes almost singlehandedly, see Quinn. Melton and Langford both fit, and it's not really a starter traditionally on our DL, because a lot of guys play a lot. We like to keep them fresh and revved up.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
He is more of a pass rushing DT and a good one at that. I may have some concerns with Long, Quinn, Brockers and Melton against the run though.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He is more of a pass rushing DT and a good one at that. I may have some concerns with Long, Quinn, Brockers and Melton against the run though.

Lanford isn't that great against the run at all, IMO. I don't thing much would change.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seriously? Wow. Melton was a stud before getting hurt. Top 5 4-3 DT in the NFL.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Brockers is our best run stopper and Melton was an alright run stopper for a UT prior to his injury. Quinn was excellent against the run last year as well.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I don't think we are making any serious offers. We may be using a little misdirection to support our real draft interests.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't think we are making any serious offers. We may be using a little misdirection to support our real draft interests.

I'm not sure it's that sophisticated. Although I could be wrong.