Henry Melton Visiting today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora6m
Sorry, had a misscommincation - Henry Melton is visiting the Rams today, not Anthony Spencer.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports free agent DT Henry Melton is visiting the Rams on Tuesday.
Melton is easily the top free agent left on the market. He's already had visits with the Vikings, Seahawks, and Cowboys and also remains in contact with the Bears. Bryan Broaddus of the Cowboys' official website reports Melton's surgically-repaired knee checked out well. In St. Louis, Melton would likely slide in as the starter next to Michael Brockers, pushing Kendall Langford to No. 3 duties.
Related: Rams

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Man this would be a great signing if this guy can get back to being the player he was before his injury. He was one of the best if not the best pass rushing DT in the league 2 years ago.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
If his knee is ok I wouldn't let him leave Rams Park without signing.
Of course the Rams may feel differently.

iced

I'd love him - but at what cost?

And what's this mean for Langford?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I'd love him - but at what cost?

And what's this mean for Langford?

Im not so sure it means anything to langford I think it means more to conrath and cujo. we really need 3 to 4 quality DTs they rotate them in and out a lot.

iced

Im not so sure it means anything to langford I think it means more to conrath and cujo. we really need 3 to 4 quality DTs they rotate them in and out a lot.

eh i dunno - depending on his contract, if he got one, that could be a lot invested in the d-line..

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Too good to be true... I'm not buying we actually sign him.

This is WAYYY better than Spencer visiting, BTW. WTF, Jason?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
don't know much about the guy but I'm all for pass rushing DT's

Alan

Legend
I'm not saying this visit is a red herring but it could easily affect the other team's thinking when a DT is on the board and we're next up to pick. Disinformation is always good.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Yes it would, Lanford is pretty average overall. It would huge if he can return to his former self.

Dont know why everybody is hating on langford the dude came from a 3-4 D playing DE and we converted him back to DT in a 4-3 and he has done nothing but improve the last two years and is a very solid DT I hope we dont cut him that would be a great rotation with Brockers, Langford, and melton. And weve got plenty of money we havent signed anybody else in FA besides our own guys.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Looks like they clearly want to upgrade the depth at DT (Carrington, now Melton)...and trying not to do it through the draft.

Tells me they want those DBs in the draft.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
eh i dunno - depending on his contract, if he got one, that could be a lot invested in the d-line..

Yep that's what I was thinking.

"Melton was a Pro Bowler last season, grading out as ProFootballFocus' No. 7 defensive tackle while dominating against the run and picking up six sacks. He's one of the best Cover-2 three-technique tackles in the game."

"one of the NFL's top three-technique pass rushers over the past few years."

"Suffered a ACL tear on September 27th,2013. Surgery was on October 5th,2013 with concerns about his health..Melton has been sidelined since Week 3, and is questionable for next summer's training camp."

"Melton’s agent, Jordan Woy, said. Melton is the top free-agent defensive tackle on the market and is going to command significant money,"

Here's a lineman who was injured in September & from all that I have read they have concerns if he will be ready for TC...Then they tell us that Long was under went surgery for a ACL/MCL injury in January but no problem Long will be ready for regular season game one? I sure do like Kendall Langford a bunch not sure I even want to take him off the field.

Last edited:

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Yep that's what I was thinking.

It is the most important position on the D and we all know how fisher loves his Dlineman. I just dont see them cutting langford even if they sign melton I think it would be a pretty stupid move IMO. You really that confident in cujo and conrath? If they cut Langford they better sign Melton and Carrington or draft a guy in the first few rounds.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Also Langford was our best Run Stuffing DT last year thats not meltons strong suit.