Henry Ellard is available...to coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I loved Ellard as a player, don't know enough to form an opinion of him as a coach.

That being said, I'm happy with what Ray Sherman is doing. Quick made huge strides this year before he got hurt, Britt showed that he's still got it, and Stedman is also making big-time progress. That's a decent body of work.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
I loved Ellard as a player, don't know enough to form an opinion of him as a coach.

That being said, I'm happy with what Ray Sherman is doing. Quick made huge strides this year before he got hurt, Britt showed that he's still got it, and Stedman is also making big-time progress. That's a decent body of work.

He's familiar with the Coryell-esque system Rams run since he was with Shotty in NY, but not sure he'd be an upgrade to Sherman . . .

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He did some nice work with a couple of guys named Bruce and Holt...IIRC

Rams43

Hall of Fame
That's what most teams do after disappointing seasons. They fire coaches on units that disappointed them.

Just normal year end housekeeping in the NFL, don't you think?

Sooooo..... Should the Rams be asking themselves if they're completely satisfied with ALL their coaches on this 6-10 team? Hmmmmm...

reggae

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rt-firing-assistant-coaches-but-not-that-one/

Saints start firing assistant coaches
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 2, 2015

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Saints have parted ways with wide receivers coach Henry Ellard, tight ends coach Terry Malone and assistant defensive backs coach Andre Curtis.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxenW5hg98c

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M31oSGmBbYs

Consummate route runner. Quick could leam a lot from him

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I work right next to the High School he went to. Same as Rod Perry too.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Loved Henry Ellard as a player and coach, but IMO Fisher knows next year is make or break and he's going to keep the staff in tact for continuity and we shall see if he'll look back on that decision on great disdain.

fearsomefour

Legend
Love the Ellard for the Hall first video....he really belongs in the HOF.
As for coaching, the first person that popped into my head was Austin.
I would love it if he were hired. Saints have had a pretty good run of successful receivers....how much of that was the system, the QB or WR coach, who knows?

fearsomefour

Legend
Couple of things watching that Rams vs Whiners game....Haden starting over Ferragamo....Slater coming in after a couple of plays at LT and totally whiffing on the first pass attempt he was in for....Robinson has some good company with his struggles getting up to speed in the NFL.

Av8R

UDFA
I know of Ellard the player but honestly don't know much of a coach. How do he do as WR Coach?

jjab360

Legend
He was a good coach but so is Sherman. I see no point in breaking up the continuity at this point for someone who hasn't even worked with Fisher before.