Hendo Waived

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Is anyone else surprised that the Rams keep Evans over Henderson. It sure seems like Henderson has helped the team more than Evans has and is Rivers still on the roster.
They are on a youth movement. Plus they know exactly what Hendo is. A JAG. They will show patience to a rookie.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
How much did Hendo get to put in the bank for coming off the couch? Curious.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Henderson was added to the Rams' Practice Squad.

Cameron McCutcheon is no longer listed on the PS.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He wasn’t a great RB but he did pretty good in pass protection and screens. Too bad for Henderson, but if history tells us anything, He’s likely to have gotten injured within the next two games.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I appreciate Hendo for all he has contributed!!
Didn't realize he has been on/off with Rams since 2019 (except for a 2 week stint in Jacksonville).

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I loved Hendo for his speed, hands in the passing game and some of his pass blocking, but Rolls Royce is the tackle breaker and a no-brainer keeper. He broke like 5 tackles vs Seattle, I don't think Hendo has that many in his career.

jap

Legend
If Evans has more upside, then Hendo I would think he would be getting more than one carry.
Zach probably needs to upgrade his pass blocking before his snap count spikes upwards. Matthew has been rocked a number of times this season alone. At his age and with his injury history, it is imperative that his RBs be competent pass blockers.

Zach is somewhat intriguing as a runner, with that upright running style so reminiscent of Eric "the Great" Dickerson and Todd "Gurley_Man" Gurley. However, we need a playable QB more than any other position; so I would severely limit Zach's snap count until I felt more confident concerning his pass blocking too.

Last edited:

oldnotdead

Legend
I blame McVay for sticking with his slow developing passing game. He is exposing the OL and Stafford. If he would simply focus upon moving the chains instead of quick scores, he would help Stafford, the OL and especially the defense. When McVay plays a possession type of game with the offense it's no coincidence that the defense plays better because the opposing offense is limited in their possessions.

This is why I've been saying McVay's coaching consistency is just that inconsistent. That's because many times it looks like he's simply dialed in his offensive game plan. I'm serious if I was Snead and most of all Kroenke I'd be concerned.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Henderson is likely to be a gameday active. Releasing him was just a way of getting Williams back in the active window.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I loved Hendo for his speed, hands in the passing game and some of his pass blocking, but Rolls Royce is the tackle breaker and a no-brainer keeper. He broke like 5 tackles vs Seattle, I don't think Hendo has that many in his career.
Always thought we were lacking a big bruiser like Royce during McVay's era.

There's always a need to be able to RAM the ball down another team's throat and beat them up for a fourth quarter come back.

Mix that in with McVay's passing game?
And I think we have something.