Henderson can play. Gonna be very very good out of the gate.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I'll go on record right now that Henderson has a 1000+ yard season (combined rushing and catches) THIS year. His rookie season. His field vision, full speed cuts, and overall speed is that awesome.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Wouldn't that be awesome?

I could see it happening if McVay allows it, meaning can he get enough touches to achieve that level. He is more than capable from what I've seen in 3 days of camp.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I love our 3 RBs.... complimentary styles.... versatile.... Brown's a between the tackles guy,..Henderson is a speed guy out the backfield receiver...

I'm really hoping that McVay saw how devastating our offense can be with a balanced shared backfield attack like we had last year... we got to diversify out of that "11 formation" sometimes....

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
He has some Sproles-like stuff going on. But, he can catch over the shoulder? How many RBs can do that. He will have some great plays this year....hopefully in some big games

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah Henderson is the kind of player who makes you play him more. Rams are going to get a lot from him, I agree, and if he can give us that Kamara type production (roughly 1500 yards rushing/receiving) he'll be in the ROY running.

I'm thinking he'll be around 1k-1200 rushing/receiving. And that total will include some flipping of the field in both facets and helping us win games.

TexasRam

Legend
....Queuing my favorite saying people use on me....

"Let's let the kid play a down in the NFL before we start making predictions"

:)

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I love our 3 RBs.... complimentary styles.... versatile.... Brown's a between the tackles guy,..Henderson is a speed guy out the backfield receiver...

I'm really hoping that McVay saw how devastating our offense can be with a balanced shared backfield attack like we had last year... we got to diversify out of that "11 formation" sometimes....
Definitely, I was thinking of them spreading the field with 20 personnel from the shotgun, such an obvious front with so many options with Brown and Gurley’s blocking and Gurley or Henderson in motion to identify and react to coverage, but think of 21 or even 22 with Everett. That goes way outside the reverses and sweeps to keep teams honest. One substitution and you change the horizontal spread dramatically.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
https://www.latimes.com/sports/rams...l-henderson-is-making-strides-at-running-back
Rams rookie Darrell Henderson is making strides at running back

By Gary KleinStaff Writer
July 30, 2019
8:26 PM
With star running back Todd Gurley on what could turn out to be an every-other-day workout schedule, rookie Darrell Henderson is getting plenty of snaps during Rams training camp.

Henderson, a third-round draft pick from Memphis, impressed again Tuesday as the Rams practiced in full pads for the first time.

“He’s got a nice, even-keeled demeanor — it doesn’t seem like he’s fazed by anything,” coach Sean McVay said. “You’re starting to see him flash a comfort level, playing a little bit faster — you can feel he’s not thinking as much.

“Still early, but he’s definitely shown the encouraging things that we liked so much at Memphis.”

Henderson, 5 feet, 8 inches and 208 pounds, is part of a running back corps that includes Gurley, Malcolm Brown, third-year pro Justin Davis and second-year pro John Kelly.

“I’m picking the older guys’ brains,” Henderson said. “Just stay focused and make sure I’m learning.”

Henderson got acclimated to the Rams offense during offseason workouts. He said at the time that Gurley advised him to not be afraid about making mistakes. They were learning opportunities.

After Tuesday’s practice, Henderson said he had told running backs coach Skip Peete this week that he was going to improve because he understood more about the offense.

“I’ve just got to relax and slow down and play this game,” he said.

The Rams are off Wednesday and will hold a joint practice with the Chargers in Costa Mesa on Thursday. The Rams and Chargers will practice at UC Irvine on Saturday.

Gurley did not practice Tuesday but will be involved in the practices with the Chargers, McVay said.

A55VA6

Legend
I'm a huge fan of Henderson. He can be our own Kamara type player. He can really do it all.

Ram65

Legend
I'm still wondering how many touches he will get.

It may not be the total yards but, the yards per touches that will be impressive. It would be great if he does get 500 yards rushing and 500 catching.

dang

Legend
https://www.latimes.com/sports/rams...l-henderson-is-making-strides-at-running-back
Rams rookie Darrell Henderson is making strides at running back

By Gary KleinStaff Writer
July 30, 2019
8:26 PM
With star running back Todd Gurley on what could turn out to be an every-other-day workout schedule, rookie Darrell Henderson is getting plenty of snaps during Rams training camp.

Henderson, a third-round draft pick from Memphis, impressed again Tuesday as the Rams practiced in full pads for the first time.

“He’s got a nice, even-keeled demeanor — it doesn’t seem like he’s fazed by anything,” coach Sean McVay said. “You’re starting to see him flash a comfort level, playing a little bit faster — you can feel he’s not thinking as much.

“Still early, but he’s definitely shown the encouraging things that we liked so much at Memphis.”

Henderson, 5 feet, 8 inches and 208 pounds, is part of a running back corps that includes Gurley, Malcolm Brown, third-year pro Justin Davis and second-year pro John Kelly.

“I’m picking the older guys’ brains,” Henderson said. “Just stay focused and make sure I’m learning.”

Henderson got acclimated to the Rams offense during offseason workouts. He said at the time that Gurley advised him to not be afraid about making mistakes. They were learning opportunities.

After Tuesday’s practice, Henderson said he had told running backs coach Skip Peete this week that he was going to improve because he understood more about the offense.

“I’ve just got to relax and slow down and play this game,” he said.

The Rams are off Wednesday and will hold a joint practice with the Chargers in Costa Mesa on Thursday. The Rams and Chargers will practice at UC Irvine on Saturday.

Gurley did not practice Tuesday but will be involved in the practices with the Chargers, McVay said.
Better tell our 2019 NFL DPOY to keep his dirty fingers out of our 2019 NFL Offensive Rookie of the years face mask else our 2019 NFL MVP will throw a bullet pass into his midsection.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
....Queuing my favorite saying people use on me....

"Let's let the kid play a down in the NFL before we start making predictions"

I think that saying pertains to every one of those draft picks lol. Except Henderson.

Dude is a slam dunk pick.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
...."Let's let the kid play a down in the NFL before we start making predictions"

But predictions are fun! No harm in them. And I'll stand by all my predictions, especially this one. Check in with me around game 16.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
It would be great by I think Brown will take too many touches. My prediction is 700 yds combined.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It would be great by I think Brown will take too many touches. My prediction is 700 yds combined.

I have a ton of respect for Brown. But he's not a guy who can flip the field and bust huge gainers for the offense in the run or passing game. Henderson can, and it's why he'll play a lot more than expected.

Which is the reason I don't like Chris Thompson (700 yards combined) as the comp for this dude. I think Kamara is a better comp. Henderson won't have as much opportunity because Gurley's the top dog, and he's not quite as natural a receiver as Kamara, but he's better as a pure runner IMO. So I think he'll top 1k combined, with a lesser balance than Kamara provides (more run heavy).

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree Merlin. I think once McVay sees the things Henderson can do in real game situations, he'll start touching the ball a lot more than is currently planned.