Heeereee's Johnny!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
The Browns need shorter O Linemen, seriously. He can't see over them let alone the D line. He's always peaking around them and the Skins aren't even doing of a good job of keeping their hands up.
The Browns try to use misdirection to the left so J. Football can roll clea In to his right. Keeping a DE or LB behind the play will close it off. You want him to roll to his left since he floats the ball when he throws on the run. The CB on that side should be in position to intercept the wounded duck pass.
Where he can hurt a defense is if gap integrity isn't maintained it give him a clear sightline and room to squirt through for a big gain.
Keep him in the pocket, keep hands up and seal the backside and he becomes Austin Davis.

cracengl

Rookie
Yup, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Would they only have fined him $125,000 for flipping one solitary bird? Does Goodell have a punishment chart that covers that?
Yeah a matrix. Did the player beat the hell out of his wife? If yes, pretend to be annoyed and suspend player for as little as possible. If no, move on to...Did player flip both birds or one?

reggae

Most boring yet hilarious preseason game yet! I really hope they give Johnny lots of playing time next week, I think he could use it. If Fisher decides to dial up the D just a little bit I really hope to see him on his ass or running for his life whenever he's on the field. better hold on to that rookie money bro cus I've said from the start you ain't NFL material. I'll tell him where he can stick that silver spoon he was born with.

johnny-manziel-memes-elite-daily.jpg
"Learning" class starts in preschool. He's the "Biebs" of football.

FRO

Legend
Please. Please. Let Manziel start this Saturday. Every time he had a little bit of pressure, his lower body mechanics went to crap and he started spraying the ball.

Would make me so happy to see Gregg Williams dial up the blitzes this week.
Pretty much the same thing I saw in college. Fortunately for him he had high first round picks all over his offensive line.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
After his impressive bird flipping....

Can you imagine the shit talk that will be directed at John-Boi now during every game. LOL ,,, talk about a miced up game I'd love to listen to uncut. This little bitch is going to flip out on the field before season's end... it's gonna be a Johnny Melt Down.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I have a slightly different take here ,Washington players were repeatedly taunting Manzeil with the "money sign" Manzeil does ,I don't think flipping them off was any worse and there should nave been some taunting flags thrown.

BTW I'm not trying to defend Mazeil he's a turd ,but right is right and he'd endured a lot of stuff the refs were blind not to be able to see,if he gets fined he should appeal and some others should go down with him,MAYBE just MAYBE he was somewhat justified in wanting to respond with hand gestures.

Haslett got rung up fast for Unsportsman Like BTW ,I loved that

FRO

Legend
I have a slightly different take here ,Washington players were repeatedly taunting Manzeil with the "money sign" Manzeil does ,I don't think flipping them off was any worse and there should nave been some taunting flags thrown.

BTW I'm not trying to defend Mazeil he's a turd ,but right is right and he'd endured a lot of stuff the refs were blind not to be able to see,if he gets fined he should appeal and some others should go down with him,MAYBE just MAYBE he was somewhat justified in wanting to respond with hand gestures.

Haslett got rung up fast for Unsportsman Like BTW ,I loved that
By flipping the bird he showed weakness. He showed that the trash talk gets to him. Expect the trash talk to accelerate, not decelerate now. The purpose of trash talk is to throw the opponent off their game. We know now Johnny can be bothered by it.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
By flipping the bird he showed weakness. He showed that the trash talk gets to him. Expect the trash talk to accelerate, not decelerate now. The purpose of trash talk is to throw the opponent off their game. We know now Johnny can be bothered by it.

Well yeah,I stipulate all that,but don't think jealousy never comes into it either,he's a turd , but the guys making that sign were taunting and deserved flags and it started at the very beginning and I would say continued without the refs doing anything about it ,consistency of officiating was not provided .
I'm sure" no-one feels" sorry for Johnny Foolball , and IMO the refs were some of "no-one"

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
manziel-story.jpg

Evan Vucci/AP

Browns QB? Flip a Coin
Neither Brian Hoyer nor Johnny Manziel emerged as the clear-cut No. 1 quarterback after disappointing performances on Monday night. But does it really matter who coach Mike Pettine picks? The answer, plus more reader mail
By Peter King

All along, Browns coach Mike Pettine wanted to name a quarterback entering the third week of the preseason. The third game is when all NFL teams play their first units the most all summer. In the case of a new coaching staff such as Cleveland’s, it’s the best chance to get a good look at September will hold.

Not so this preseason. The Browns got poor quarterbacking (9 of 22 combined) from the contenders for the starting job—incumbent vet Brian Hoyer and bird-flipping rookieJohnny Manziel. Coach Mike Pettine told me early this morning he hasn’t made up his mind about his starting quarterback for the Sept. 7 opener against Pittsburgh.

“I don’t know,’’ he said, not long before the Browns boarded their charter to return to Cleveland. “Neither guy really distinguished himself tonight, and we’ll have to go back and study the tape and figure out who to go with. I will lean on [offensive coordinator] Kyle Shanahan and [quarterback coach] Dowell Loggains quite a bit, because they’ve watched them every day.’’

I asked: “Do you have a gut feeling right now?”

pettine.jpg

Mike Pettine (Evan Vucci/AP)

“I don’t. I don’t,’’ said Pettine.

Who can blame Pettine? Each quarterback entering Monday night knew the starting job was on the line. Each quarterback had chances, plural, to move the team. Each quarterback was grim in doing so. In the first three quarters, Hoyer, who started, and relief pitcher Manziel had eight possessions, and they ended thusly: punt, punt, punt, punt, field goal, fumble, halftime, turnover on downs.

On the ninth possession of the night, Manziel finished a 63-yard drive with a touchdown pass, but that came against the second- and third-teamers of Washington. Not conclusive.

Hoyer did nothing on the first two series of the game, and then Manziel matched that, throwing a low pass that hit the ground in front of tight end Jordan Cameron on the first series and throwing behind wideout Josh Gordon on the next possession. Pettine wanted to come away from the night convinced. Instead, he came away confused. He wouldn’t commit to anything Monday night—not when he would make his pick for starter, or whether each man would go into Week 3 of the preseason still dueling for the job.

Pettine said the two players came into the game “fairly close. Brian probably got more time early in practice with the ones, but Johnny got quite a bit. We’re going to go back and look at that, plus how they did tonight.’’

Now a couple of things about the second-half episode of Manziel flipping his middle finger in anger at the Washington bench. As much as Manziel was under a microscope at Texas A&M on and off the field, he’s got to realize it’s going to be more intense in the big leagues. He should assume that, when he’s outside the tunnel, either on the field or on the bench during an NFL game, there’s always going to be a camera focused on what he’s doing. Even in the moments a TV camera isn’t, a fan’s smart phone might well be.

So he’s got to live his life with that in the back of his mind, to prevent what happened Monday night—and also to prevent one of the classic moments in the brief history of Vine: When Manziel was told by Browns PR aide Rob McBurnett that a camera had caught him making the obscene gesture and it was out there, everywhere, Manziel looked aggrieved, then ran his hand over his face as if to say, “I am such an idiot.’’

Pettine told me what he told the media after the game, that he was “disappointed’’ in Manziel and “that can’t happen.’’ But he also made the point that I think is an important one. Paraphrasing: An opponent can’t know the quarterback has rabbit ears. And he’s right.

“Will this event have anything to do with your decision on the starting quarterback?’’ I asked.

“I wouldn’t think so,” he said. “But it will be dealt with.’’

I could see the Browns going either way, and if they go with Hoyer, they’d have him on a very short leash. I don’t see the danger in going with Manziel if the Browns think he’s ready Sept. 7—for one simple reason: He’s old beyond his years, and he won’t be so cowed by failure that it would set him back on a course to be a good quarterback in the NFL. Hoyer’ s a career backup, and it’s unlikely he would be grievously wounded by losing this job.

“It’s a tough call, obviously,’’ said Pettine.

That’s why coaches in the NFL make the big money. But no matter who Pettine chooses, it’s not permanent and it’s not that big of a deal. No fan who has watched the first two preseason games would be upset that the coronation of Manziel would have to wait. The city’s already excited.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Someone earlier mentioned Austin Davis. That's exactly who I thought of as well when I saw Manziel's highlights on the news. I thought maybe he did some good things that weren't shown, but apparently not.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
The problem here isn't that he's a douche or picking on the poor Redskins, it's the fact that he let them rattle him to this point, that's not something you want out of your big bucks star, you want him to be able to tune out the noise and distractions and not allow himself to be rattled by external elements that'll plague his game. Like Steve Smith and Britt have taught us, taunting is just part of the game, it's something that you shouldn't expect to stop just because you're you. You gotta learn to tune it out and move past it or be clowned when knocked off your game.

That's the hard lesson Jenkins learned last year and that's the knock on Manziel. If he can't manage to turn the other cheek from this type of thing and let his play do the talking then he'll be joining another, arrogant, loudmouthed QB with a lot of talent that shoved himself out of the NFL by not being able to control his big hurt baby feelings.

Athos

Legend
There should be a song like Johnny be Good, only...

Johnny Be Douchebag.

I hope Fisher plays Quinn and Long and Co and the midget gets flattened. Not that it'd teach him humility, but his reaction would be priceless.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Given that the traction this story has already received on special media, Manziel might have a hard time skating on this one.

In non-gesture related news, Manziel threw his first NFL TD pass early in the fourth quarter on a short toss to tailback Dion Lewis, who took it in for an eight-yard score.

Apparently it has received a lot of traction on Tweeter, Fastbook, Instantgram, and all those other new things known as special media.

At least his first NFL TD pass came early in the fourth quarter. It's not like he completed it against inferior fourth string talent. He threw that long halfback pass on a rope in the teeth of the great 30th ranked Redskin defense's back-up's back-ups. The kid is a sure fire superstar.

tonyl711

Starter
Robert Griffin III was pretty meh too. Granted, it's only preseason, but you'd think the starting QBs would show a little more. Like Peyton. Or Aaron Rodgers. Or Sam Bradford. :later:
RG3 hasn't been too impressive either, we burned Washington bad on that deal IMO.