Healthy, productive Bradford is key to Rams' success

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://www.thetelegraph.com/articles/pr ... z1z3gXhrbK

Sam+Bradford+St+Louis+Rams+v+Seattle+Seahawks+M3wD7GmoY2Nl.jpg

It’s a new game for St. Louis Rams’ quarterback Sam Bradford this season. He’s learning from first-year head coach Jeff Fisher after studying the playbook of former head coach Steve Spagnulo the past two seasons.

And believe Bradford, it’s a change of pace. He’s turning the pages quicker.

“There’s no doubt that it’s a lot different than what we were doing last year,” Bradford said during a minicamp in St. Louis earlier this month. “There are some similarities between this offense and what we were doing two years ago.

“But for the most part, the offense we’re running this year is its own offense.”

Bradford’s adjusting to Fisher’s style and so is running back Steven Jackson. You’d expect Jackson to be the featured back even more prominently in Fisher’s typical ground-oriented style. Bradford can live with that. He just wants to become more proficient and see the Rams enjoy some success.

St. Louis went 2-14 last year and the Rams are a woeful 15-65 since 2007. They haven’t registered a winning season since 2003, when they finished a five-year run of 56-24. So you can see how the franchise has tumbled because of poor draft selections and inept decisions at all levels. Call it a meltdown.

Thus, it was time for a change. Bradford understands what’s going on around him.

“I think everyone here has really embraced the challenge of learning a lot of information in a relatively quick amount of time,” he said. “I know that I feel good.”

If the Rams are to rebound, it’ll start with Bradford getting them to regroup. He’s the catalyst and the Rams will spin their wheels if he’s unproductive.

Just look at last season. Bradford wasn’t healthy or near the top of his game. It was an off-year. He played in just 10 games, completing 191 of 357 passes for 2,164 yards and only six touchdowns. His receiving corps was weak, perhaps the worst in the league. Throw in an unfamiliar and unworkable offense and it’s easy to see why St. Louis averaged an embarassing 12 points per game.

During Bradford’s heralded rookie season, he hit on 354 passes in 50 attempts — that’s 60 percent — for 3,512 yards and 18 TDs. The Rams went 7-9 and were one win from making the playoffs.

So as Sam goes, they go.

Fisher figures Bradford knows the score and others are following him.

“We know what we can do and how we can do it,” Fisher said. “They know how to play.”

More than anything, the Rams need a confidence booster shot. However, that comes from savoring victories and the Rams, who misplaced that winning touch, are attempting to regain it. Nothing succeeds like success.

“I’m getting more comfortable and we had had the opportunity to put in new things every day,” Bradford said. “When we come back to camp in late July, I want to make sure I’m ready for everything that we are going to see at the beginning of training camp.”

If Fisher’s camp isn’t an eye-opening experience, I’d be surprised. He knows the Rams have nowhere to go but forward. They’ve been in decline — with one foot backpedaling and the other on a banana peel — for too long.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yeah we need Sam to be healthy and NOT stink, but IMO our D is going to be better this year,way better and ergo,ipso facto,ceterus paribus, his "stardom " may not be a pre-requisite to success.

Anonymous

Healthy, productive Bradford is key to Rams' success.
Is key to Rams success.
Is key to Rams success.
Hi-ho, the derry-o
Is key to Rams success.

smiley-music021.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
zn said:
Is key to Rams success.
Is key to Rams success.
Hi-ho, the derry-o
Is key to Rams success.

[ Image ]
Hey, that's pretty catchy.

And now it's going to take at least an hour to get out of my head. :grr:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
zn said:
X said:
zn said:
Is key to Rams success.
Is key to Rams success.
Hi-ho, the derry-o
Is key to Rams success.

[ Image ]
Hey, that's pretty catchy.

And now it's going to take at least an hour to get out of my head. :grr:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueDjiAm5rzE&feature=related
Did you see that blue bag floating around? That was ... beautiful.

Ricky Fitts: It was one of those days when it's a minute away from snowing and there's this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it. Right? And this bag was just dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. That's the day I realized that there was this entire life behind things, and this incredibly benevolent force that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember... I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Great movie ^^^.