Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo-Post Practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shaky

Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo-Post Practice
November 24, 2011

(Opening remarks)
“The biggest thing here is (WR) Mark Clayton has been struggling with both knees. Mark and I visited yesterday. You guys weren’t out here for the whole practice yesterday, but he was very limited. He was really in pain. I could see that he was, so I have talked with him. He’s really been struggling. The knee that he had surgery on has been giving him a hard time. The other knee is starting to, he’s starting to feel it, too. What we were looking at is possibly scoping one of them or both of them out, that’s a five or six week deal. I really considered the player, and I don’t want to put him through that, so we’re going to put him on IR. We’re going to lose Mark Clayton, and he understands. He toughed it out as long as he could. So what we did was we brought (WR) Nick Miller in. I don’t know if you saw him out there today. Nick was with us before. The one thing Nick adds is he is a returner. Now we’ll see if we can get him to the 46 first, that’ll be the biggest thing, but he has some value for us that way. So unfortunately for us, we’ve lost another wide out, but I do think it’s the right thing to do. I don’t think it would have been the right thing for the person. I didn’t think that was right, and I don’t think it would have been the right thing to do for the team. So that’s the biggest thing.

“Then injury wise as far as practice today, (DT) Justin (Bannan) didn’t practice, (LB) Josh Hull, (T) Mark LeVoir and (T) Jason Smith. Mark LeVoir was actually sick with an illness this morning so (Head Athletic Trainer) Reggie (Scott) sent him home. (WR) Danario (Alexander), (LB) James Laurinaitis, (DE) Chris Long, (WR) Austin Pettis, (RB) Cadillac (Williams), they were all limited and got some work today. That’s about status quo there.

“I do think, it’s hard, on this day you never know what you’re going to get for practice because everybody is thinking about Thanksgiving. I thought they did a pretty good job. Now we’ve handled it a little bit differently. We’ve gone, actually taken all of our reps, split them in half. We do all the reps, but half of them are half speed, believe it or not, just to save legs on the guys that are kind of gutting it out going limited. I think the guys handled it well, and hopefully we’ll benefit from it on Sunday.”

FULL: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ramsfans.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.ramsfans.com</a>