Head Coach Jeff Fisher Monday Press Conference (9:00)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[stl]c5e1c0ed-c68d-431e-8280-e7984d2efada[/stl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center/videos/Head-Coach-Jeff-Fisher-Monday-Press-Conference/c5e1c0ed-c68d-431e-8280-e7984d2efada" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center ... 984d2efada</a>

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Fish ain't happy. Don't blame him.

What are there, like 3 sports reporters including TV, newspaper, and radio attending these. Hard to believe that JT gets to ask basically countless questions almost one after the other,,, and I think I might have heard 2 or 3 questions from others. I get the feeling there were only 3 to 5 people in the audience at tops. That's really surprising to me.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Selassie I said:

What are there, like 3 sports reporters including TV, newspaper, and radio attending these. Hard to believe that JT gets to ask basically countless questions almost one after the other,,, and I think I might have heard 2 or 3 questions from others. I get the feeling there were only 3 to 5 people in the audience at tops. That's really surprising to me.

Just seem like nobody but JT knows enough to ask a question or they're too scared to ask.

This is so easy for Fisher. All he has to deal with are a few local small time reporters who he can push around very easily assuming they actually are trying to get a story.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
max said:
Selassie I said:

Just seem like nobody but JT knows enough to ask a question or they're too scared to ask.

This is so easy for Fisher. All he has to deal with are a few local small time reporters who he can push around very easily assuming they actually are trying to get a story.
We need to get George some press creds. THOSE will be some good questions. :lol:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
X said:
max said:
Selassie I said:

We need to get George some press creds. THOSE will be some good questions. :lol:

Who is George?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
max said:
X said:
max said:
Selassie I said:

Who is George?
Oh, sorry. Selassie.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher – Press Conference – September 16, 2013

(On penalties hurting their field position)
“I’m not concerned about the penalties. We were penalized seven times in the game. In my opinion, we should have been penalized twice. I was upset after the ballgame but looking at the tape, those are incorrect calls. With that being said, we’ve got balls on the 16 (-yard line) instead of the 8 (-yard line) or the 10 (-yard line) instead of the 5 (-yard line) because the kicks are good. The penalties weren’t necessarily the big issue, it was the kicks. It was the placement of the kicks and the coverage unit, so that’s just kind of how the flow of the game goes. But the penalties, there were seven and in my opinion, five of them were incorrect calls. That would include the first defensive offsides – that was a false start. It was not a defensive offsides, it’s like ‘false start 101.’ You’ve got a third-and-12 and we’re called for offsides, so we now have a third-and-7 and they convert. If it’s called correctly, you have a third-and-17. Third-and-17s are hard to convert. We would most likely have a three-and-out and get the ball back. Instead, they go down and score on their first drive. Looking at the tape, it’s different than it would appear. We felt last night, I thought I was disappointed in the special teams’ performance, but looking at the tape they got better than they did last week and they were pretty good last week because those penalties should not be called. It’s just kind of how the game went. There were some other incidences where there should have been some things called against our opponent that were not called that could have created some situations for us. The intentional grounding was missed. There were a couple other things that were missed. But, again we had chances, we need to make plays. By no means am I placing blame. I have great respect for the officiating department and the officials. We work very close with them and we move on. We had chances in that ballgame. We had chances to get off the field, chances to make plays – didn’t make them.”

(On if he doesn’t think the special teams penalties should have been called)
“In my opinion, yes, they should not have been called.”

(On how the officials made the wrong call against DE Chris Long’s offsides penalty)
“It’s the human element in the game. There are calls that are going to be missed every week, that’s part of it. Our department’s doing the best job they can. They’re under great leadership in (NFL Vice President of Officiating) Dean (Blandino) and I think we’re clearly going in the right direction with the department, but there’s a mistake every once in a while.”

(On how young players bounce back from penalties called on them that should not have been called)
“I talked to them this morning, showed it to them. That’s why on the sideline you have to be careful unless you see it, unless I see the act... For example a couple weeks ago, we had a taunting or we had a late hit where you can actually see it. If you don’t see it, you just have to roll with the punches and move on and wait until you see the tape.”

(On how a penalty keeping a drive alive can set the tone for the game)
“Again it remains to be seen. We think it’s significant. Now, granted we’ve got to get a third-and-17 stop, but you get a third-and-17 stop, should you give up a 10-yard pass, you get off the field and get the ball back. You’re also talking about field position and a young punt returner that’s not backed up with his heels on the 8-yard line who’s got a chance to put his hands on the ball. You can look at every single play in the game and say, ‘What if?’ But, the bottom line is that we fell behind, we’ve had two interceptions in two weeks returned for touchdowns and regardless of the situational circumstance, certainly can’t blame it on the quarterback, but it happened. It’s hard to win games when you give up defensive scores.”

(On which two penalties he thought were correct)
“We agree with (C) Scott’s (Wells) holding, and then we had an illegal motion false start – which you talk about a young team in a loud environment, and have no line of scrimmage infractions with the exception of the motion. I was pleased with that. In addition to 55 pass attempts…when your gross passing yards are the same as your net passing yards, you’re doing a good job protecting your quarterback.”

(On his thoughts of running a no-huddle offense more often)
“No. We did it because we got behind. We have done it, obviously, early in the ball game. But, you do it early in the ball game against a guy like Matt Ryan and go three-and-out you’ve got problems. You’re putting him back on the field all the time. You look at Sam’s 300-plus yards passing games over his career, they’ve won two. We have the ability to do it and there’s a time do to it and a time not to do it. If you put a long drive together, you’ve got the defense tired, and you go back on the field you want to continue to fatigue the defense through it. But, we had plenty of time. All we had to do was get a defensive stop, and we had plenty of time to tie the ball game up.”

(On no-huddle and hurry-up)
“There’s a difference between a no-huddle and a hurry-up. Typical your hurry-up is the end of the half or the end of the game where you’re in a hurry to try to – it’s a two-minute offense. The no-huddle’s a little bit different as we perceive it. We went strictly to the hurry-up yesterday because we knew we weren’t going to have the possessions. In normal offense administration, we wouldn’t have the number of possessions to catch up.”

(On how much play clock you use in the no-huddle/hurry-up)
“Teams are going to no-huddle, get up on the ball and snap the ball like Matt did with five seconds left to go on the play clock. In the hurry-up, you’re snapping it with 15-20 seconds.”

(On RT Rodger Saffold’s status)
“We’ll have more information on Wednesday. Right now he’s day-to-day. (S) Matt’s (Daniels) going to require season-ending surgery at some point this week. Difficult for Matt, having worked so hard to come off the ACL (surgery) and to have this thing happen is difficult for him, but he’ll bounce back. He’s a tough young man.”

(On the Rams’ pass coverage against the Falcons)
“Could be better. We had breakdowns, which we talked about yesterday. We could be better on third down. We got our hands on some balls. There were some positives there. I thought (LB) Alec (Ogletree) did a nice job on a very, very talented tight end (Tony Gonzalez), made a play, broke a pass up the second play of the game against (Steven) ‘Jack’ (Jackson) on a crossing route. We did some good things, but we’ve got to get better.”

(On if he’s getting enough out of the running game)
“Yeah. We didn’t have a chance to do much of it because we got behind. I think the running game needs to get better, but as it was the first couple weeks, yeah.”

(On WR Austin Pettis’ game against Atlanta)
“He does those things on the practice field. Like we talked about last week, (TE Jared) ‘Cookie’ (Cook) has a big day, so all of a sudden attention goes to him. So, other people have to step up as did Austin and (WR) Chris (Givens). They got their opportunities.”

(On if felt any different about Cook’s performance after watching film of the game)
“No.”

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
The big question is what the heck is going on with the secondary?

The biggest disappointment this year is the poor play of the DBs. What are they doing to fix that?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
max said:
The big question is what the heck is going on with the secondary?

The biggest disappointment this year is the poor play of the DBs. What are they doing to fix that?
Only thing they can do. Coach 'em up and work on the problems in practice. :bummed:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Max,,,

It's not like we've had to deal with Fitz and Jones in the first 2 weeks or some shit like that.

Given what the coaches have directed from them,,, I feel they've done a respectable job. Nobody shuts those guys down, especially in loose zone. Most teams don't have a WR of that caliber on the roster. I wouldn't classify their play as poor after these first 2,,, but the quality of Fitz and Jones has to be taken into consideration.

We got another monster in Dez coming up. I have to believe that our first 2 weeks against Fitz and Jones will have better prepared us for what we have to deal with in Dallas.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:
max said:
X said:
max said:
Selassie I said:

Who is George?
Oh, sorry. Selassie.

I guarantee you that it would be far more interesting that what I just saw. :hehe: