HC search "attempting" to connect the dots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
My concerns with Patricia have nothing to do with the Belichick tree and perceived failure, but rather with the fact I don't know to what extent he might only be an extension of Bill. How much does Bill pour over his gameplans? How much of Bill's expert input does the dude require to field the defense that is getting him so much attention this year?

If for whatever reason the Rams get him, I'll root for the dude. But he wouldn't even be my first choice on Bill's staff tbh. And I'm concerned a bit by McDaniels, but in his case I don't think Bill is as much on his nuts as he might be with Patricia.

This is of course also demonstrates that none of us really know squat about these dudes. But that ain't gonna stop me from having my opinion!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This is of course also demonstrates that none of us really know squat about these dudes. But that ain't gonna stop me from having my opinion!

Every hiring comes with concerns, the key will be how they come off to the team and the staff they put together. It did not take me long to know that Scott Linehan was not a Head Coach, he stammered through his press conference and looked like he had never been on a dais in his entire life....Linehan couldn't even where a hat right.
head-coach-scott-linehan-of-the-st-louis-rams-participates-in-the-st-picture-id71011991

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Depending on his ability to hire good coordinators, McVay could be a great option. He would be the youngest head coach of all time, but he was probably one of the youngest coordinators as well. He has done well with Cousins, perhaps he can get similar results or better with Goff.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I heard that McDaniels was favoring the 49ers and Shanahan was favorite the Bronco's gig, if both turn out to be true, who is #3? McVay?

I'm gonna be a little pissed if we end up needing to scrape the bottom of the barrel because the best choices go to other teams.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Woooo

Emotions running high and knees are jerking all over this thread.....

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So lets hope Bronco's hire Vance Joseph so we can take our time picking between Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay.

Since SD is also going to go for a def background HC since they kept Ken Whisinhunt (sp?). My guess is Sean McDermott, Schwartz or Patricia or Special teams from KC Dave Toub
Bills "appear" to like Lynn still.

Mike Smith "should" be next HC in Jax is my guess from listening to Sirius Sat Radio tonight They haven't named dropped.

Re: Whiners Dominik said its believed McDainiels wants to bring ESPN Louis Roddick as his GM...This tandem appears to be the favourite in Whinerville

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I heard that McDaniels was favoring the 49ers and Shanahan was favorite the Bronco's gig, if both turn out to be true, who is #3? McVay?

I'm gonna be a little ticked if we end up needing to scrape the bottom of the barrel because the best choices go to other teams.

I'm happy to scrape the bottom of the barrel if McDaniels is considered the top of the barrel.

So lets hope Bronco's hire Vance Joseph so we can take our time picking between Kyle Shanahan and Sean McVay.

Since SD is also going to go for a def background HC since they kept Ken Whisinhunt (sp?). My guess is Sean McDermott, Schwartz or Patricia or Special teams from KC Dave Toub
Bills "appear" to like Lynn still.

Mike Smith "should" be next HC in Jax is my guess from listening to Sirius Sat Radio tonight They haven't named dropped.

Re: Whiners Dominik said its believed McDainiels wants to bring ESPN Theo Roddick as his GM...This tandem appears to be the favourite in Whinerville

Louis Riddick ;)

Theo plays HB for the Lions.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm happy to scrape the bottom of the barrel if McDaniels is considered the top of the barrel.

Louis Riddick ;)

Theo plays HB for the Lions.
Fuucck I suck LMAO...Thx

TexasRam

Legend
I swear to this board. If they pick McDaniels I would throw my 37 years of Ram Fandom out the window.

I'm thinking Raiders or Cowboys. Sure would be nice to take my son to Cowboys game and root for a winner.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I swear to this board. If they pick McDaniels I would throw my 37 years of Ram Fandom out the window.

I'm thinking Raiders or Cowboys. Sure would be nice to take my son to Cowboys game and root for a winner.

I don't want to make threats again. But I truly was close before they took Goff. That roped me back in. Choosing McDaniels would be hard to swallow. I don't know if I could. I think the only thing that keeps me coming back is the thought that it would suck if the team suddenly got good right after I gave up.

I really shouldn't take such a harsh stance against McDaniels. He might prove me wrong. But I'm not the type to sit on the fence. I just have a gut feeling that he's the same egotistical jackass that he was in Denver (and here).

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I'm not a McDaniels fan...I think if he crashes again as a HC that might bring his ego back to reality...Of course he might be the next big deal, I just don't really think so...I think he might be cut from the same bolt of cloth as a Lane Kiffen type guy..

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
It did not take me long to know that Scott Linehan was not a Head Coach, he stammered through his press conference and looked like he had never been on a dais in his entire life

Den I do not think that is fair to say that he "stammered" made him a bad leader. Hell, I stammer through words all the time, but its mainly when I am nervous or I am talking to my wife.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Den I do not think that is fair to say that he "stammered" made him a bad leader. Hell, I stammer through words all the time, but its mainly when I am nervous or I am talking to my wife.

Okay IMO when you're addressing a group of people, your speech should be smoother and Linehan just looked very uncomfortable in his own skin, Again IMO, when addressing a group and trying to inspire, it should be natural and the words should flow like water from a tap now that is in a formal setting...An informal setting is different, but Linehan who should have been preparing for this opportunity his whole life seemed like he did not know what to say and IMO, Linehan was more comfortable addressing smaller groups of people as opposed to the big stage. Again JMHO.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm happy to scrape the bottom of the barrel if McDaniels is considered the top of the barrel

He's not my top choice, Shanahan is, McVay would probably be up there, but the age does worry me, I feel he's going to be a good HC for a long time, but he may need to fail first.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Okay IMO when you're addressing a group of people, your speech should be smoother and Linehan just looked very uncomfortable in his own skin, Again IMO, when addressing a group and trying to inspire, it should be natural and the words should flow like water from a tap now that is in a formal setting...An informal setting is different, but Linehan who should have been preparing for this opportunity his whole life seemed like he did not know what to say and IMO, Linehan was more comfortable addressing smaller groups of people as opposed to the big stage. Again JMHO.

I never got the impression that he was confident in what he was saying. Just didn't seem natural.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I really shouldn't take such a harsh stance against McDaniels. He might prove me wrong. But I'm not the type to sit on the fence. I just have a gut feeling that he's the same egotistical jackass that he was in Denver (and here).

Me either. But my whole deal this time around is that they need to get someone in here who can develop Goff and this offense and take them out of the stone age, so it can be paired with a young and talented defensive core. Getting a defensive guy with a top OC like McCoy can work, sure, but then McCoy's gone probably after one season given success. So that poaching deal is why I don't think they really have a choice to do other than an offensive mind.

So if Demoff effs this up, then it's going to give me John Shaw flashbacks and tbh I don't think I can stomach any more of that nonsense. I am getting real tired of having allegiance to a franchise that can't get out of its own way.

EDIT: oh and re: McDaniels I fully understand the angst many have with him. But that said, he at least fits what this team obviously needs, and his hiring, particularly if it comes with the addition of Caserio, is a direction I can get behind.