HC options

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
You're way too tough a sell. Look at how the rest of the GMs have done compared to him. Even the great ones miss. Every roster in the NFL has JAGs on them; that's why they get turned over all the time.

I'm not saying that Snead is perfect, but he and Demoff aren't the problems on this team.
Their biggest error may have been the Foles deal. Thinking they could take a guy with limitations and make him something he is not....and to sign him to an extension before he played a meaningful down was foolish.
But, I would prefer to keep them in place. Going into the draft with a plan and sticking to it has been refreshing over all.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Going into the draft with a plan and sticking to it has been refreshing over all.

I sure wish that most of it would have worked! Too much Auburn and not enough brains I'm afraid.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Their biggest error may have been the Foles deal. Thinking they could take a guy with limitations and make him something he is not....and to sign him to an extension before he played a meaningful down was foolish.
But, I would prefer to keep them in place. Going into the draft with a plan and sticking to it has been refreshing over all.

I think the extension was the big mistake. I certainly don't blame them for giving Foles a shot, given his pre-Rams history and the untenable situation with Bradford. Unloading that salary and getting draft picks in the process was a good deal. And if Foles was even played to the level of his 2014 performance, things wouldn't be so bad. It might not have fully justified the extension, but at the same time, it wouldn't be the utter disaster that it is now given that Foles play has regressed by several orders of magnitude.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think the extension was the big mistake. I certainly don't blame them for giving Foles a shot, given his pre-Rams history and the untenable situation with Bradford. Unloading that salary and getting draft picks in the process was a good deal. And if Foles was even played to the level of his 2014 performance, things wouldn't be so bad. It might not have fully justified the extension, but at the same time, it wouldn't be the utter disaster that it is now given that Foles play has regressed by several orders of magnitude.
I didn't like the deal because it was choosing to take less talent at the games most important position. I completely understand it with Bradford's history and salary. I was pessimistic about what Nick would do here but I certainly didn't think it would be this bad.
The extension was baffling. It really calls into question their ability to evaluate to me.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I didn't like the deal because it was choosing to take less talent at the games most important position. I completely understand it with Bradford's history and salary. I was pessimistic about what Nick would do here but I certainly didn't think it would be this bad.
The extension was baffling. It really calls into question their ability to evaluate to me.

I was just merely hoping Foles could be average, and felt that's all we really needed with Gurley coming in and if the D could stay healthy. I never got my hopes up that he would be the 2013 Foles, particularly coming into this scheme. I might have been willing to keep Sam if he had renegotiated, but there was no way I wanted to pay him his high salary coming off of 2 consecutive seasons with torn ACL's that pretty much ruined those seasons for the whole team. Either way, it's hard to fault JF and LS for the trade itself, since they were caught between a rock and a hard place, given Sam's injury history and Foles lesser abilities.

But yeah, that extension. Ouch. Would have been nice to at least wait a while before approaching him with the possibility given that they didn't know how he'd do here.

Ram Pat

Rookie
Luck was never in our grasp. And even if he was, would you trade basically Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins, Tavon Austin, Alec Ogletree, Stedman Bailey, Greg Robinson, Aaron Donald, and whatever picks we would've needed to move up to the number one slot for Luck alone? I'm including Austin and Donald because we wouldn't have had the freedom to make those picks if not for the flexibility that the extra draft picks provided us. That's a lot to give up for a quarterback, even if he is one of the best young quarterbacks in the game.
Yes, Luck was ours....if we don't play up the year before and beat playoff team NO. Qb is everything, look around league and Rams record. Only time Rams have won is with Kurt. I like the other guys, but look at record.

Ram Pat

Rookie
Luck was never in our grasp. And even if he was, would you trade basically Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins, Tavon Austin, Alec Ogletree, Stedman Bailey, Greg Robinson, Aaron Donald, and whatever picks we would've needed to move up to the number one slot for Luck alone? I'm including Austin and Donald because we wouldn't have had the freedom to make those picks if not for the flexibility that the extra draft picks provided us. That's a lot to give up for a quarterback, even if he is one of the best young quarterbacks in the game.
Also at time, could have traded Sam to Browns for picks.

FRO

Legend
Yes, Luck was ours....if we don't play up the year before and beat playoff team NO. Qb is everything, look around league and Rams record. Only time Rams have won is with Kurt. I like the other guys, but look at record.
Kurt was awesome. A hall of fame QB. But to be fair he had Faulk, Bruce, Holt, and Pace surrounding him. We may have someone close to Faulk possibly, but that is it.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Snead has made some good trades and pretty much equal bad and good draft decisions. Since Fisher has final say in personnel it's not really worth debating his player selection since we don't know who he would have drafted and and in what round. I think he may be a keeper, but he's not the problem here anyway.