HC McVay will awaken Rams offense for this must win game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ROD-BOT

News Feeder
HC McVay will awaken Rams offense for this must win game

The LA Rams offense has been one of the best in the NFL at putting points on the board since the team hired head coach Sean McVay to lead the team. From that moment on, the NFL has been inundated with the Rams’ quick release, empty-backfield, jet-sweep-prone offense that has pressured defenses the entire length of the football field, and from sideline to sideline.

That offense has given the Seattle Seahawks, a team with pride over their defense, problems since McVay has taken over. In fact, the LA Rams have scored at least four touchdowns in all but one game the LA Rams faced the Seahawks, the first contest since McVay took over the team.

Scoreboard fireworks

In fact, the LA Rams have averaged 30 points a game since 2017, and the offense is virtually intact over the course of that period. So the fact that the Rams have been struggling to score points recently should not be viewed as a permanent trend. In fact, it should end this weekend.

View: https://twitter.com/allanbell247/status/1326582328118960128?s=21

The Rams know this is a high scoring affair coming up this weekend. In fact, this one game should serve as the catalyst for the Rams’ entire offensive philosophy for the second half of the season. The team needs to get the offense back on track to win this game.

A strategic crossroad for Rams

What strategy should the Rams employ in this one? The team could ground and pound in hopes to keep Russell Wilson off the field. Conversely, the team could come out lighting it up in hopes to score quickly and keep the pressure on the Seahawks to keep pace. Or as a third alternative, the Rams could attempt to start off hot, but revert to a ground game after halftime and hope that their defense can contain the Seahawks in the second half.

View: https://twitter.com/fo_aschatz/status/1326597278006734849?s=21

Based on the way the NFC West schedule plays out, this is certainly a must-win for the Rams.

The LA Rams will unleash the entire offensive playbook in this game. Will it be enough? It very well could be. The Rams offense seems to Hulk-Up when facing the Seahawks. And the Rams have not had a defense as effective as the one taking the field this Sunday. This should be a great game, and one very fitting to be played at SoFi Stadium.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If at the start of the season, we asked ourselves;

Which unit after 8 games, if it needed to improve over the final 8, has the best chance to improve from within?

I think a lot of us would have answered; the offense.
Meaning... if we have a unit that needs to get better, the offense is McVay’s specialty and the pieces are there.

I would feel a little more “concerned for our 2nd half” if it was the defense under performing... because coming into the season, that was the side of the ball most of us had more concern, right? So, it’s awesome that unit is thriving.

McVay knows the O needs to be better. And... it’s his cup of tea.

Lots of reason to be optimistic where this team is at for a 2nd half run.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Personally I hope Mcvay is holding back from what he plans to do in the play-offs. That he's happy to get by using the bare minimum required on offense to win games now.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Personally I hope Mcvay is holding back from what he plans to do in the play-offs. That he's happy to get by using the bare minimum required on offense to win games now.

I was thinking the same thing. This is only our second divisional game.

dang

Legend

First you have to make the playoffs. Second you need confidence to do anything in the playoffs. Third I don’t think McVay likes to lose especially to teams they know they should have beaten. Unless the Rams offense gets more consistent playoffs may not happen.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

I agree. It's a dangerous game to play tho. What if he can't just flip a switch and turn-on the offense in the playoffs... Maybe it's also a personnel thing, like needing to get Van Jefferson and Cam Akers on the f'ing field...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If at the start of the season, we asked ourselves;

Which unit after 8 games, if it needed to improve over the final 8, has the best chance to improve from within?

I think a lot of us would have answered; the offense.
Meaning... if we have a unit that needs to get better, the offense is McVay’s specialty and the pieces are there.

I would feel a little more “concerned for our 2nd half” if it was the defense under performing... because coming into the season, that was the side of the ball most of us had more concern, right? So, it’s awesome that unit is thriving.

McVay knows the O needs to be better. And... it’s his cup of tea.

Lots of reason to be optimistic where this team is at for a 2nd half run.

1 -Agree that the offense has under preformed,but Robinson & Lewis should start to get healthy.

2 - The defense though has played an easier schedule for first 8 games.

Both sides of the ball both need to keep improving.Play calling has been what seperates The D vs the O.
Mcvay holds to tight to the purse strings ? I question O”Connell & his role ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
First you have to make the playoffs. Second you need confidence to do anything in the playoffs. Third I don’t think McVay likes to lose especially to teams they know they should have beaten. Unless the Rams offense gets more consistent playoffs may not happen.

That Miami game Mcvay got out coached. Whatever his game plan
It was tough to watch.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I agree. It's a dangerous game to play tho. What if he can't just flip a switch and turn-on the offense in the playoffs... Maybe it's also a personnel thing, like needing to get Van Jefferson and Cam Akers on the f'ing field...

I think there is growth there that can be sprinkled with a Miracle Grow type product to help there development.

The Jefferson catch that got overturned when Miami called the time out showed some of that.

Don’t discount HENDERSON,but his injury changed the game a lot.Cam Akers still needs 2 be 100% healthy.

I’ll add Malcom Briwn is underrated around these woods here.Been a natural leader,starting from being a core special teams guy.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
we will see. I love my rams but who knows what team will show up. its on Mcvay and Goff. talk about confidence, lets see if that translates into a good game. its time.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This performance coming out of the Bye week is critical for McVay and Goff. McVay needs to show he’s a coach who will make the needed adjustments and design schemes that over come the teams inefficiencies. Goff needs to show he did his due diligence to work through what needs to happen at the line of scrimmage pre snap blitz packages. Additionally, hopefully he worked on his timing and accuracy. All just MO

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
This game will be decided by how well the OL can keep pressure off Goff. Running the ball lessens the chance Goff turns the ball over. Seahags are going to bring the house on obvious passing downs. Turnovers will decide this game.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
There is no doubt its must win. A win and we have a good shot at playoffs. A loss and its scratching and clawing the the rest of the way to get in.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg

I used to think along these lines. Then the Super Bowl happened. When I believed he had a special plan all cooked up for the Cheats, yet he didn't.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I just don’t want to hear about it. I want to see it. I want to see this offense click regardless if its playoffs or not.