Havenstein Listed As "Limited"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One of his feet is limited, per NFLN.....Is this guy capable of being injury free?

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Here the injury report from the Rams report. Rob Havenstein was listed as full participant for Fridays practice. Did Not practice: Cooper, Gaines and Spruce
http://www.therams.com/team/injury-report.html

NAME
POSITION INJURY THU. FRI. SAT. GAME STATUS
Cooper, Pharoh WR Shoulder DNP DNP - -
Gaines, E.J. CB Thigh DNP DNP - -
Hager, Bryce LB Concussion LP FP - -
Havenstein, Rob T Foot LP FP - -
Spruce, Nelson WR Knee DNP DNP - -
  • Practice Status
  • DNP = Did not participate in practice
  • LP = Limited Participation in Practice - Less than 100% of a player's normal repetitions
  • FP = Full Participation - 100% of a player's normal repetitions
  • Out = Player will not play
  • (-) = Not Listed = No practice status available

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
One of his feet is limited, per NFLN.....Is this guy capable of being injury free?
hmmm....probably not this season...he was rehabilitating that foot all off-season, so maybe if he gets healthy, he'll have a full off-season to really work on his body. His lower body looks nothing like most of our linemen. His legs remind me of Reynolds'. Don't think that leads to supreme health in the trenches...

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
This^!! I'm not sure I Trust Saffold to stay healthy!! Sorry to have to say that!!

Well Saffold is past overdue to have a relatively healthy 16 game season so don't be sorry DaveFan. We are all rooting for him to hold up for the long haul in 2016.

saffold.gif
saffold-rodger-rams-hurt_0.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
HStein had a very impressive load of starts in college. I'd say the answer to the OP's question is yes.

Sh!t happens. I just hope the injury cloud that has been over this OL for Fisher's entire tenure gives us an effin break this year, figuratively speaking.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
hmmm....probably not this season...he was rehabilitating that foot all off-season, so maybe if he gets healthy, he'll have a full off-season to really work on his body. His lower body looks nothing like most of our linemen. His legs remind me of Reynolds'. Don't think that leads to supreme health in the trenches...

Some pre 2015 draft sites questioned Havenstein's lower legs that looked to be a problem some did not. But Big Rob took off much of the poundage he was carrying too. But having 3 different lower legs injuries in less than one yr is a RED FLAG waving to me. This was one of the reasons I wanted Saffold moved outside this season & was an advocate of utilizing Reynolds, Brown & Wichmann @ the starting OG posts. Most here & still do have no desires of keeping Saffold on the outside. I posted early this week that I hoped that Boudreau would keep the same five starters in the lineup for this first game too.

I will maintain that there is no need to rush Havenstein back into starting. ZERO! let him fully heal & get some time between those two broke bones back early this winter. Build up some strength in that lower leg. Saffold has done very well & they have Andrew Donnal who best playing post is ORT so lets keep this going. The OG unit did take a hit with the injury to Garrett but both 2nd season starting OG looks sound & they have Donnal who can play OG's & even Rhaney who will be active for all games as an emergency OG. Why take a chance now with Rob Havenstein? Rob Havenstein knows he will be the starting ORT here in a little while so he's not worried or concerned. If we have a trouble spot then we will get out some spot remover named Rob Havenstein.

Please tell me where there is a need for Rob to start? Is Saffold playing poor? Does Jamon Brown need to hit the bench? What has Cody Wichmann done to deserve the bench? Lets just watch see what happens with the same OL that we have gone with since the beginning of pre season.

Last edited:

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
HStein had a very impressive load of starts in college. I'd say the answer to the OP's question is yes.

Sh!t happens. I just hope the injury cloud that has been over this OL for Fisher's entire tenure gives us an effin break this year, figuratively speaking.

Yep Merlin Sh!t happens and all these O-Lineman recently drafted had healthy track records. Most of them have experience playing Tackle so they were drafted for their universal G/T abilities which seems to have become an NFL trend.

It has been a crazy fluke of misfortunes season after season with O-Line injuries for Fisher. This year the odds should be in favor for the Rams O-Line injury cloud to finally blow away!
donderwolk.gif

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yep Merlin Sh!t happens and all these O-Lineman recently drafted had healthy track records. Most of them have experience playing Tackle so they were drafted for their universal G/T abilities which seems to have become an NFL trend.

It has been a crazy fluke of misfortunes season after season with O-Line injuries for Fisher. This year the odds should be in favor for the Rams O-Line injury cloud to finally blow away!
donderwolk.gif

First it was OT Rob Havenstein break a couple of bones out for all OTA's, training camp & all but one series in the last pre season game & still not fully practicing. Lets see OT Isaiah Battle has had one nagging injury after another that kept him off the practice field & out of most all of the four pre season games had to be released & later signed back to PS cadre.....then there was our swing OT Darrell Williams that looks to have some still ongoing wrist injury & issues then IR'd, then last week was Iron Man ORT/OLG Garrett Reynolds who made it throught the entire 2015 season without a scratch... boom placed on the IR.....now released. Sooooo before we play our first game we are down (4) Four OL'ers who had 53 player roster spots in 2015 :sadwalk:what was it that happened again???? Who was posting & saying that the Rams have no need to keep 9 OL'ers on the roster that those roster spots were needed elsewhere? What was going to change this season?:deadhorse:

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Please tell me where there is a need for Rob to start? Is Saffold playing poor? Does Jamon Brown need to hit the bench? What has Cody Wichmann done to deserve the bench?
need, no....continuity, cohesion, and another "c" word that for the last couple months has escaped me....
I've been tooting Wichman's horn since last year....I looked at some clips and then saw him against Len Williams of SC (now Jets) and he handled himself well...Leonard was supposedly the #1 player in the 2015 draft. The player that does concern me is Brown....I think he'll get better, but he's always looking like he's on skates while pass protecting...Saffold remains our best lineman at the moment....So the only reason I want Havenstein to start is selfish reasons...He did well as a rookie, give him his job back if he can play...Let Saffold settle in as a RG....I actually wanna see Havenstein against some really good DE/OLB's....Miller was giving us fits...No need to start Saff at RT then move him to RG vs the Seahawks....the niners are an easy game, with some pretty good DE's (Buckner & Armstead)...should get Havenstein ready for Frank Clark & Bennett....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

donderwolk.gif
I do like it when " The Storm" Rolls in!!(y):snicker::shades:

Ram beast.jpg

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Hers is an updated injury report from Alden Gonzales:
Alden Gonzalez ESPN Staff Writer
gonzalez_alden_m.jpg

Pharoh Cooper, Nelson Spruce and EJ Gaines won't play on Monday, as expected. Rob Havenstein and Bryce Hager listed as questionable.

Be big blows if both Hager & Havenstin do not play, especially Hager. LB depth would be very problematic.

Last edited:

A55VA6

Legend
OUT: WR Nelson Spruce (knee), WR Pharoh Cooper (shoulder), CB EJ Gaines (thigh)

QUESTIONABLE: OT Rob Havenstein, LB Bryce Hager

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
need, no....continuity, cohesion, and another "c" word that for the last couple months has escaped me....
I've been tooting Wichman's horn since last year....I looked at some clips and then saw him against Len Williams of SC (now Jets) and he handled himself well...Leonard was supposedly the #1 player in the 2015 draft. The player that does concern me is Brown....I think he'll get better, but he's always looking like he's on skates while pass protecting...Saffold remains our best lineman at the moment....So the only reason I want Havenstein to start is selfish reasons...He did well as a rookie, give him his job back if he can play...Let Saffold settle in as a RG....I actually wanna see Havenstein against some really good DE/OLB's....Miller was giving us fits...No need to start Saff at RT then move him to RG vs the Seahawks....the niners are an easy game, with some pretty good DE's (Buckner & Armstead)...should get Havenstein ready for Frank Clark & Bennett....

I don't think any game is easy for the Rams...They should have closed last season with a easy win to get to .500

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I don't think any game is easy for the Rams...They should have closed last season with a easy win to get to .500
It seems that way...the result of a conservative game plan...we averaged less than 300 yards a game...we hardly had the ball...and hardly moved it when we did....3rd down conversions is the key...and red zone offense...