Havenstein doubtful for Sunday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame

View: https://twitter.com/nwagoner/status/667799610694352896

View: https://twitter.com/jthom1/status/667799310528974848

Gonna be a long Sunday on offense boys. Prepare yourselves accordingly.

z69873840042.gif

jjab360

Legend
thanks Snisher for putting us in this position in the first place
There aren't many teams that would be in good position with this many OL injuries, but yeah we probably should've signed a few more veteran backups in hindsight.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
thanks Snisher for putting us in this position in the first place
Not sure why people continue to blame a coaching staff for not being able to project the multiple injuries.

Doesn't matter what team you want to look to when you get to the point where you're forced into playing you're 9th & 10th linemen you're gonna struggle. And this is now the 3rd year that they've been in this position.

But somehow fans expect Fisher and Boudreau to have a stable of all-stars waiting in the wings. Not realistic expectations?

Last edited:

CoachO

Hall of Fame
If they are forced to playing Donnal I hope it's at RT and not at LG.

First of all Reynolds needs to remain at LG But Donnal is s natural RT and will be much better suited there.

FRO

Legend
Starting 3 backup offensive linemen doesn't bode well, especially when 2 of them are lower round rookies. I thought Rhaney looked good at OG in preseason, guess he is needed at backup C. This is a must win game, but with a depleted line and playing on the road, it's going to be a very tough task. Baltimore is better than their record indicates. If we lose this game we have to run the table the rest of the way.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy

First of all Reynolds needs to remain at LG But Donnal is s natural RT and will be much better suited there.

I kind of think that would be the best go as well. It would also make it easier to chip and give help to Donnal. Although from a few little clips I saw from practice this week Donnal was at LG Wichmann at RG and Reynolds at RT

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Totally agree. At some point, like a couple years in the weight room, he might be able to play some spot Guard, but he is a much better, and more natural RT. Not as good as Havenstein, but our best option after D. Williams went down. Williams may very well be a very important part of this team in the future. He didn't look completely overwhelmed in his first action.

IMO, we have all the pieces, it's just a matter of getting a little better, being healthy, learning, and repping, fundamentals, and finding the right mix.

I think we have some depth, after all is said and done. I feel it's the best group, top to bottom, potentially, in a long time. I say potential, but I'm not talking huge leaps, just natural progression, and hard work.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure why people continue to blame a coaching staff for not being able to project the multiple injuries.

Doesn't matter what team you want to look to when you get to the point where you're forced into playing you're 9th & 10th linemen you're gonna struggle. And this is now the 3rd year that they've been in this position.

But somehow fans expect Fisher and Boudreau to have a stable of all-stars waiting in the wings. Not realistic expectations?
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect better depth than this after 4 years.

Got pretty good depth on defense... ;)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Wow....calf injuries linger too....Oh well, time for Coach Boo to make his money....

CoachO

Hall of Fame

Apples and oranges when comparing the two units and how they are used.

You prepare for a season with the idea of playing the same five guys as much as possible. Therefore in this age of the salary cap you just cannot afford to invest in your 8th 9th & 10th offensive linemen.

While on defense. The way they rotate players they fully expect to play as many as 8 guys every week.

IMO it's absolutely unrealistic.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Oh, fate. I'm going to send a prayer to Keenum. I don't think he makes it out of Baltimore. Elvis Dumervil against Donnal...dear fate.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

Well they did resign Rodger "Mr. Glass" Saffold. I just hope now that BOTH of his shoulders have had surgery that he gets some kind of bionic man strength.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have a bad feeling about this. I think we'll likely see:
LT: Robinson
LG: Donnal
C: Barnes
RG: Wichmann
RT: Reynolds

And that doesn't sit well with me. Reynolds is a better LG than RT. Donnal looked bad at LG earlier this year. And Wichmann is a total unknown. This reminds me of the 2011 OL. Scary. Hopefully, Wichmann will look studly and shore up one issue going into the off-season.

Most teams don't have good depth beyond their 6th and maybe 7th OLs. We've lost 3 starters and 1 backup. That means that we are on our 8th and 9th OLs.

Garrett Reynolds is our 6th OL and he's actually played competently this year.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.

it has nothing to do with blaming Fisher for the injuries and you won't find me on here harping about him constantly. what I blame him for was stacking rookies next to rookies with rookies backing up more rookies. now does that sound like a smart strategy?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
One week past the mid point of the 2015 season. Rams once again have four injuries to our OL. 3 starters & our 7th OL'er. 3 on IR and one has been limping through nagging two lower leg injuries for going on four weeks.

Boudreau has been forced to start his 6th Ol'er after the bye. Presently he will start two rookies this week. Like CoachO voiced I sure hope Boudreau leaves the left side alone with Robinson & Reynolds remaining the same. Leaving the two rookies to start on the right side. I do not like Donnal at OLG ...disaster in the mix with that combo.

Both rookies Donnal & Wichmann were full season starters at ORT & ORG last year in college . Too me it makes better sense to let them rock on from theses post from this point on until the injured Havenstein is fully recovered. What I believe we get out of this is Cody Wichmann should gain valuable starting experience @ ORG so he will have a foot up on this post next season.

I do not have any heartburn with what Snead has done with the overall make up of OL in 2015. For the rest of the season we will give some of the remaining OL'ers plenty of hardcore game experience that will be of great benefit next season. Once again I would utilize several 2nd & 3rd day draft picks to invest more in this OL's future. large amounts of Injuries to the Rams OL has been ongoing for yrs now. Its not funny but I wonder how the most OL's remain pretty healthy just look at the Cowboy OL which has remained healthy the entire season thus far?????? They have not lost anyone yet.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
it has nothing to do with blaming Fisher for the injuries and you won't find me on here harping about him constantly. what I blame him for was stacking rookies next to rookies with rookies backing up more rookies. now does that sound like a smart strategy?

Well, yes. I'd rather have rookies with talent than washed up journeymen or high priced FA busts. At least rookies have a future and aren't costing us an arm and a leg for the same caliber of crappy play. I much preferred them altering their approach this off-season and trying to fix the OL with more than band-aids.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One week past the mid point of the 2015 season. Rams once again have four injuries to our OL. 3 starters & our 7th OL'er. 3 on IR and one has been limping through nagging two lower leg injuries for going on four weeks.

Boudreau has been forced to start his 6th Ol'er after the bye. Presently he will start two rookies this week. Like CoachO voiced I sure hope Boudreau leaves the left side alone with Robinson & Reynolds remaining the same. Leaving the two rookies to start on the right side. I do not like Donnal at OLG ...disaster in the mix with that combo.

Both rookies Donnal & Wichmann were full season starters at ORT & ORG last year in college . Too me it makes better sense to let them rock on from theses post from this point on until the injured Havenstein is fully recovered. What I believe we get out of this is Cody Wichmann should gain valuable starting experience @ ORG so he will have a foot up on this post next season.

I do not have any heartburn with what Snead has done with the overall make up of OL in 2015. For the rest of the season we will give some of the remaining OL'ers plenty of hardcore game experience that will be of great benefit next season. Once again I would utilize several 2nd & 3rd day draft picks to invest more in this OL's future. large amounts of Injuries to the Rams OL has been ongoing for yrs now. Its funny how the most OL's remain pretty healthy just look at the Cowboy OL which has remained healthy the entire season thus far?????? They have not lost anyone yet.

Yea and the Cowboys OL actually has depth. I'd love to get their 6th OL, Ronald Leary, on the Rams.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well, yes. I'd rather have rookies with talent than washed up journeymen or high priced FA busts. At least rookies have a future and aren't costing us an arm and a leg for the same caliber of crappy play. I much preferred them altering their approach this off-season and trying to fix the OL with more than band-aids.

100% in agreement on the above!(y)