Have you noticed Super Bowl winners arent being celebrated anymore??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Or is it just me? The last 2 years I noticed a pattern.

The Rams/Chiefs won. Ok...post weeks there are more articles and opinions whining about...

Refs

Field conditions

Location of the game

League wanting "X" team to win because of "Y" player/city.

Focus on players of the loser team

Ok not Super Bowl but more whining in OT games about the other team not getting a chance

How many articles came out last year about the Rams DL balling out vs the amount bitching over the refs? How many articles are coming about the Chiefs vs bitching over the field?

Idk...just more voices in my head in my daily commutes.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
market is so saturated with info there is plenty of drama but no surprises really.

The Rams/Chiefs won. Ok...post weeks there are more articles and opinions whining about...

Refs

Field conditions

Location of the game

Ok not Super Bowl but more whining in OT games about the other team not getting a chance

How many articles came out last year about the Rams DL balling out vs the amount bitching over the refs? How many articles are coming about the Chiefs vs bitching over the field?

so, the win is less meaningful. plus, as I've gotten older, I don't really care. rinse and repeat. my views anyway, so I get where you're coming from. go rams

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Refs

Field conditions

Location of the game

I said this to my son last yr before the SB. I said if they win, expect it to be forgotten about in a few days. And I think it is always that way. The sports media just moves on to the next story. I remember thinking that back in 99'. A great yr and in 2 days post SB, it's forgotten.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
market is so saturated with info there is plenty of drama but no surprises really.

so, the win is less meaningful. plus, as I've gotten older, I don't really care. rinse and repeat. my views anyway, so I get where you're coming from. go rams

It's meaningful. The org, players, fans all care. It's every other fan w/ the whining because things aren't perfect.

I said this to my son last yr before the SB. I said if they win, expect it to be forgotten about in a few days. And I think it is always that way. The sports media just moves on to the next story. I remember thinking that back in 99'. A great yr and in 2 days post SB, it's forgotten.

This year Adam Schefter immediately after a team lost in the playoffs listed all the FAs that team has. Like dude...chill. Maybe they need to change the cliche. Everyone remembers second place now.

Q729

Legend
Too many things competing for our attention these days. Too many outlets covering every little thing. They have to be on the lookout for the next big story to get those eyeballs and clicks. Controversy is great for that.

Keep your eyes on the road!

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I gotta agree with you on last years SB. I think that's because majority of fans and people in the media were wanting the Cinderella story Bengals to beat the super team Rams. Due to the Rams team build strategy and the fact that everyone seems to love Joe Burrow the Rams were the "bad guys" in that match up. It was noticeable after the final play when Micheals and Collinsworth let the ending fall flat by clearly sounding disappointed in the outcome. So I think because of that most people including the media were ready to just sweep it under the rug and move on the 2022. Pretty disrespectful imo. BUT I can't say the same about this year. Announcers sounded excited when Mahomes and the Chiefs won and all last week it was Andy Reid Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce being talked about on what seems like every TV station. The difference here could be that I live in Missouri so naturally they will cover all the Chiefs stuff.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
ONly one market won. The rest of the markets want to move on. Media just doing what the majority wants or they will not tune in or click on.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

Refs

Field conditions

Location of the game

Great points. I don't remember how much of the greatest story for 2021 was repeated. The Stafford trade got the most ink and that was a great angle.......talented gun slinger QB from a shitty franchise who never won a postseason game winning 4 including the SB, in great fashion. But for my money it was AD the 3 time DPOY being a huge force and making the winning play in the CCG AND Superbowl. The guy all his team mates wanted to win it for, including Stafford. The guy who worked harder than anybody his entire career and had been the leader for years.