Have to look at picks with new perspective

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
My son has not been thrilled with the draft thus far and I can kind of see why he thinks that. You see a small school TE and a small school WR and a S that is not a killer as far as being a hitter.

However I told him that he has to look at this class different as opposed to recent drafts because of the new staff.

Under Fisher I would not have high hopes that these small school pass catchers would ever contribute in year one in that archaic offense. The past has shown that many times, but of course that should be different now.

I said to him "If the Eagles (who we both despise) drafted these two guys for Wentz you would be saying how they just got him some good weapons and you would not be thrilled with that because you know their staff always seems to do a good job with their passing schemes."

Well now the Rams should have a staff that makes these two kids players and threats and we as fans should expect them to make an impact.

And I agree that seeing them going away from the OL in this draft early, shows that they saw scheme issues last year more than a talent deficiency as being the major cause of their offensive struggles.

As far as the safety goes, we are used to defenders excelling as hitters on this team under Williams, but I think now being a bit more cerebral might be as or more important under Phillips than the physicality was under Williams and this kid fits that mold.

Anyway just my thoughts on how our mindset needs to change.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Exactly. I'm sick of hitters. I want defenders who can stop the ball runner. I want great tackling technique where the ball runner stops in his tracks due to a proper tackle. Be where you're supposed to be and make the tackle. That's what wins you games, not a hard hit that comes off sometimes but whiffs sometimes as well.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We have been conditioned to doubt the team strategy these last 5+ years.

McVay has his work cut out rebuilding confidence.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm looking at at it this way... for all the positive things we liked about fisher's offensive picks, most didn't work out. Have to trust the new coaching staff. They are trying to build an offense (pretty much from scratch!).

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
We have been conditioned to doubt the team strategy these last 5+ years.

McVay has his work cut out rebuilding confidence.

Correction it has been at least 10 years that we have been conditioned that way...