Haurballs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
This guy is a snake. In my opinion the only reason he is going to Mich is because he doesn't want to fail at any of the crap jobs available in the NFL. As soon as a good job opens he bolts. New England in a few years? If Indy flops in playoffs than has an average 2015?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hink the money talked. Plus at Michigan he will be king. At any NFL job he is subject to ownership and possibly GMs. In he NFL he coaches grown men who don't always follow orders. In college the student athletes have to listen and follow. Plus in the NFL some of the players didn't choose to be on their team. In college recruits choose to accept offers so the 'want' is mutual.

I think Harbaugh will be happier in Michigan. Mayb some day h will go back to the NFL but I think his coaching style is better united to college and he will realize that soon enough.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I hink the money talked. Plus at Michigan he will be king. At any NFL job he is subject to ownership and possibly GMs. In he NFL he coaches grown men who don't always follow orders. In college the student athletes have to listen and follow. Plus in the NFL some of the players didn't choose to be on their team. In college recruits choose to accept offers so the 'want' is mutual.

I think Harbaugh will be happier in Michigan. Mayb some day h will go back to the NFL but I think his coaching style is better united to college and he will realize that soon enough.

Agree. He's a perfect fit in college for all the reasons you listed.

He'll be a hell of a recruiter for Michigan, too.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
This guy is a snake. In my opinion the only reason he is going to Mich is because he doesn't want to fail at any of the crap jobs available in the NFL. As soon as a good job opens he bolts. New England in a few years? If Indy flops in playoffs than has an average 2015?

I'm not sure why you've called him a snake to be honest. He doesn't strike me as a man with ulterior motives.
He's a extremely successful football coach who's going back to coach where he came up from.
I'd give my right arm for him to be coaching the rams, nothing against fisher, not saying I want him gone, but Jim is a winner

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not sure why you've called him a snake to be honest. He doesn't strike me as a man with ulterior motives.
He's a extremely successful football coach who's going back to coach where he came up from.
I'd give my right arm for him to be coaching the rams, nothing against fisher, not saying I want him gone, but Jim is a winner

Because anybody associated with the niners is a snake. The End

fearsomefour

Legend
I think that is called a smart business decision.
I do think he is arrogant and abrasive and has a relatively short shelf life. He has succeeded everywhere he has gone, USD, Stanford, SF....but, he seems to burn out his welcome despite his success. It will be interesting to see if he can turn Michigan around quickly.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
He's a whiny ass bitch, but it was a good move for him. Say what you want about him, the guy's a winner. Stanford wasn't shit before he got there and look what he did in SF. Personally, I'm glad he's out of the NFC West.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Good point.
I forgive him.
amd-isaac-bruce-jpg.jpg

FRO

Legend
I think the job security of being a top college coach trumps anything the NFL can give him. He took the 49ers to the NFC championship game 3 years in a row, only to get fired in year 4. In college he gets to run the whole football program. It makes a ton of sense.

I'm glad there will be a top football school who runs a traditional pro style system. I hate gimmicky college offenses.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think the job security of being a top college coach trumps anything the NFL can give him. He took the 49ers to the NFC championship game 3 years in a row, only to get fired in year 4. In college he gets to run the whole football program. It makes a ton of sense.

I'm glad there will be a top football school who runs a traditional pro style system. I hate gimmicky college offenses.
Having that much control seems to fit Harbaugh.
If I were him, I'd stay in college until retirement.
The job security and freedom the coaches have seem far superior than the "what have you done for me lately" persona of the NFL.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I think the michigan gig is a great job. Ann Arbor is a great place. From my perspective if I was a coach it would be a dream job. But imo it's a stopping off place for him. And how do you debate if someone is a snake or not? Hes a snake. No he's not. Yes he is. No he's not.

FRO

Legend
Having that much control seems to fit Harbaugh.
If I were him, I'd stay in college until retirement.
The job security and freedom the coaches have seem far superior than the "what have you done for me lately" persona of the NFL.
Many college coaches are buttholes (see Nick Saban), so Harbaugh's persona won't be an issue in college. I think he will build Michigan into a premier power. If I were a big time prospect who wanted to go to a place that would get me ready for the NFL, I would pick Michigan over Ohio State every day of the week. I want to go to a program that runs a pro style system.

Sum1

Hall of Fame

If that's the case, could you blame him? Who wouldn't take a high paying job at a place you know very well and are comfortable at knowing your true passion will be available for you at a later date?

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
If that's the case, could you blame him? Who wouldn't take a high paying job at a place you know very well and are comfortable at knowing your true passion will be available for you at a later date?
Point well taken. But I still hate him. He has niner stink rubbed all over him.