hate to say but rams have not done enough to

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Close the gap in the division.

Seattle lost some key players but reloaded via FA and draft.

9ers did as well.

Cardinals are looking very tough right now, possibly overcoming the 9ers.

Rams will probably have the best defense in the nfl but with only a solid offense. The OL will be improved but depth remains a major concern. I strongly dislike the Mason pick in the 3rd. Adding another OL or maybe even Moncrief would have been a better fit for the rams.

Rams are really counting on Quick, Baily, Britt to produce on the outside.

I don't necessarily agree with this post, but could someone please tell me why it's gotten an inappropriate vote?

There's nothing remotely insulting or offensive about anything in it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
When evaluating the Rams we need to remember how young they are.

This is a team that will get a lot better FROM WITHIN.

I absolutely believe these 4 picks (so far) are better than those holding the 4 roster spots from the 2013 roster.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I fail to embrace the negative spin on this,this draft has given us reason to believe we have the best d-line AND best o-line in the division,lines make skill players stars,I'm pumped and FWIW our youth means on balance we should have fewer injuries,I think we've done fine and have closed the gap if not overtaken at least two of the teams ahead of us

ausmurp

Starter
Close the gap in the division.

Seattle lost some key players but reloaded via FA and draft.

9ers did as well.

Cardinals are looking very tough right now, possibly overcoming the 9ers.

Rams will probably have the best defense in the nfl but with only a solid offense. The OL will be improved but depth remains a major concern. I strongly dislike the Mason pick in the 3rd. Adding another OL or maybe even Moncrief would have been a better fit for the rams.

Rams are really counting on Quick, Baily, Britt to produce on the outside.

The problem I have with your logic on Mason is he's better than all of our current HBs but Stacy. And Stacy got hurt in college and pros remember...

also we could still land Yankey.

Agree on the WR issue though. Gotta keep drafting them until they produce. And why didn't we give up our 4th next yr for 27 yr old Stevie Johnson from Buffalo??? He's better than any WR we have...

ausmurp

Starter
The Stevie Johnson thing urks me. Niners now have 3 potential probowl caliber WRs...we have none.

laramsoriginal

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The problem I have with your logic on Mason is he's better than all of our current HBs but Stacy. And Stacy got hurt in college and pros remember...

also we could still land Yankey.

Agree on the WR issue though. Gotta keep drafting them until they produce. And why didn't we give up our 4th next yr for 27 yr old Stevie Johnson from Buffalo??? He's better than any WR we have...

Exactly. The lack of moves via FA will hurt the rams. Johnson will bolster the 9ers offense...and it only cost them a 4th

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
The championship blueprint to be honest.

Honestly, defense wins championships. I will take a nasty top-notch defense with a solid offense every day of the week and twice on Sundays. That's what are division rivals had over us the last few years and now we are right there with them.

laramsoriginal

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I fail to embrace the negative spin on this,this draft has given us reason to believe we have the best d-line AND best o-line in the division,lines make skill players stars,I'm pumped and FWIW our youth means on balance we should have fewer injuries,I think we've done fine and have closed the gap if not overtaken at least two of the teams ahead of us

I usually agree with your posts but stating the rams have the best OL in the division is a reach. C is a question mark and depth remains a huge concern. I would love to share your optimism but I cant right now. Rams haven't done enough to close the gap, imo.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Exactly. The lack of moves via FA will hurt the rams. Johnson will bolster the 9ers offense...and it only cost them a 4th
Well, I don't know that the Rams could afford to throw that kind of coin down on a receiver (5 yr/$36.25M) right now. I'm sure if they had the means, and thought he would make a difference, they would have been in the mix for his services.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Well, I don't know that the Rams could afford to throw that kind of coin down on a receiver (5 yr/$36.25M) right now. I'm sure if they had the means, and thought he would make a difference, they would have been in the mix for his services.
Plus, a free agent would have had wear on his tires.

And there's that whole "good teams build through the draft" thing.

The Rams' plan for this year is set and no amount of table pounding will change that. If no one steps up this year, then there's some neat guys coming out next year.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
With the way the Oline looks now on paper, opponents are going to have to bring a safety up into the box or get gashed by the run. That means no more draping guys all over Tavon. The passing game will be much more dangerous with a kick butt running game. Tavon and Bailey showed flashes last year, I think they break out this year with Bradford back and the new beastly Oline.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Actually all the NFCW teams are built similar. They have amazing defenses and on offense kinda clog along.

No one has star WRs (no I don't count Anquan Boldin or Stevie Johnson as "stars"). Except Larry Fitzgerald obviously.

The Rams have beaten these teams BEFORE this draft. And even in losses have played them incredibly tough mostly.

No, I'm not a big fan of this draft, mostly b/c I'm not entirely sure about the Greg Robinson pick, but I see the potnetial. And if he pans out it's possible the Rams will have the best OL in the west...THIS YEAR.

Best OL. Best DL. That = Wins.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Actually all the NFCW teams are built similar. They have amazing defenses and on offense kinda clog along.

No one has star WRs (no I don't count Anquan Boldin or Stevie Johnson as "stars"). Except Larry Fitzgerald obviously.

The Rams have beaten these teams BEFORE this draft. And even in losses have played them incredibly tough mostly.

No, I'm not a big fan of this draft, mostly b/c I'm not entirely sure about the Greg Robinson pick, but I see the potnetial. And if he pans out it's possible the Rams will have the best OL in the west...THIS YEAR.

Best OL. Best DL. That = Wins.
The 49ers and Seahawks have certainly tried to get #1 WRs though. They just haven't been successful at it for one reason or another.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm not impressed by Niklas. Ogletree and TJ Mac can handle him imo.

Floyd and Fitz are what they are. I think Tru and Janoris can hold their own.

But in the end, it won't much matter how big they are if Palmer is on his back.

If those two have big games against the Rams it doesn't mean the Rams lose. And shutting them down doesn't mean the Rams win. Thee is a lot more to the matchups than one WR and the guy defending him.

A55VA6

Legend
Really...?

The draft isn't even over for 1. And for 2, just looking at a roster on paper isn't going to tell you anything about closing the gap. Make your assessment after the season starts.

These WR's need time to develop.. not draft a new WR or 2 every year and then throw them aside because they didn't get 15 TD's catches.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
"Rams will probably have the best defense in the nfl but with only a solid offense."

And this is bad, how? Since when have the Rams been the best at anything? What I've wanted all along is for Fisher and Snead to build a team that was feared around the league, where opposing players and coaches would see us on the schedule and go "Oh crap, we have to play the Rams." Instead of thinking, "Here's an easy win cause it's the same old sorry ass Rams."

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The first three picks were as good as I could have asked for but I did have a big let down over the 3rd selection. Snead is short one pick early here this afternoon due to the Joyner trade but it was worth it IMO. Need a DB or OL'er with this 4th round pick. The final 6 picks should bring an exciting conclusion to this great draft. It's going to be fun I hope we can enjoy this together here. Sp relax & lets have some good times!:cheers:

Boffo97

Name
Dave
These WR's need time to develop.. not draft a new WR or 2 every year and then throw them aside because they didn't get 15 TD's catches.
While I agree with your basic point, I really, really, really wish this argument would stop being made.

We have drafted a grand total of ONE wide receiver who we were projecting for that #1 overall spot. Quick. Now it is possible that he, or another WR MIGHT step up this year, but certainly the Rams can't bank on it. They decided to go in a different direction. That's fine.

Your argument is precisely why I didn't want to draft any WR once Watkins and Evans were both gone. But it's a bad argument against a potential #1 type.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Fisher drafted two wide receivers very high in the draft. Quick was only a couple spots from the first round and Austin was number 8 overall. We still have one of the worst receiving corp in the league. At some point you gotta wonder if drafting receivers is not a strong point of Fisher's. But he sure knows his defense. :sneaky:

A55VA6

Legend
I just don't see the point in drafting WR's that aren't going to beat the guys we have currently.