hate to say but rams have not done enough to

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Pead might (repeat might) play out his contract before moving on due to special teams value.

But the Mason pick might make Pead regret any decision to buy a house in St. Louis. ;)

lol after his rookie year he shoulda moved into an extended stay hotel :D

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
There QB has to stay alive long enough to throw the ball. Kill the head and the body will die.
Beat me to it, the Cardinals have to have a QB who can survive Donald, Long, Brockers and Quinn making them their bitch like it's going out of style, and their O-line is still a big question mark and they've done shit all to bolster it. If they come to play with the O-line they got now they aren't going to go anywhere.

RustyRay

Rookie
I disagree what did the hawks do in FA besides lose way more then they gained and their draft has been meh.

The Niners lost talent in FA and to idiocy with Aldon Smith...they have had a nice draft.

Really the only thing I agree on is the Cards, they have improved...but it's still Carson Palmer and they are still the Big Red.

The Rams lost nothing in FA, gained a little IMO with some potential in Britt and now have had a good draft that fits the teams build.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Every team in the NFCW has reached for picks except the Rams.

SF has been taking project players. Nobody is even close to us in the draft right now.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Cardinals will have major size advantage on our secondary. Floyd, fitz, and Niklas will pose problems to our secondary no doubt. Expecting them to throw a lot of jump balls for their mammoth wr's and TE
They had better get the ball out quick.

laramsoriginal

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So you evaluate 2 entire drafts, 17 players total on the TWO who you seem to think "have bust written all over them....thus far"? And that doesn't take into account the UDFA such as Hekker, Armstrong, McLeod, Cunningham, Harkey who have made significant contributions to the improvement of this roster.

Well since you put it that way, rams will go on to win multiple championships. Thanks, I feel better already.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Even without making a move or the draft, we are closing in on our division rivals.

This team is VERY young. They made huge strides last year. At the end of last season these kids were playing as a team.
A tough group of hard asses ready to take on anyone.

We will be better this season. There shouldn't be any doubt about it. The entire league is taking notice and we aren't going to sneak up on anyone next season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cardinals will have major size advantage on our secondary. Floyd, fitz, and Niklas will pose problems to our secondary no doubt. Expecting them to throw a lot of jump balls for their mammoth wr's and TE

I'm not impressed by Niklas. Ogletree and TJ Mac can handle him imo.

Floyd and Fitz are what they are. I think Tru and Janoris can hold their own.

But in the end, it won't much matter how big they are if Palmer is on his back.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm not impressed by Niklas. Ogletree and TJ Mac can handle him imo.

Floyd and Fitz are what they are. I think Tru and Janoris can hold their own.

But in the end, it won't much matter how big they are if Palmer is on his back.

Secondary play will be much better this year as well. Need like 4 seconds of route disruption to give our D-line time to work. and the 4 might be a little generous.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Like someone already said Bradford is 5-2-1 against the division in the Fisher era. Bradford and injuries are the whole key to the season. We will rise and fall with his play. If he gets hurt then we are where we were last year with the backup playing games. If he is healthy then I am more than confident in our chances, even against the division. His record under Fisher against them speaks for itself. Our defense will keep us in every game. They will be that good. As long as this team can stay relatively injury free, this team can line up against any. And remember, they are still the youngest team in the nfl. A lot of guys are still coming into their prime of their careers. A bright future is ahead for this team. The Rams are being built the right way to compete year in and year out.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Close the gap in the division.

Seattle lost some key players but reloaded via FA and draft.

9ers did as well.

Cardinals are looking very tough right now, possibly overcoming the 9ers.

Rams will probably have the best defense in the nfl but with only a solid offense. The OL will be improved but depth remains a major concern. I strongly dislike the Mason pick in the 3rd. Adding another OL or maybe even Moncrief would have been a better fit for the rams.

Rams are really counting on Quick, Baily, Britt to produce on the outside.

I don't understand this at all. Sorry. None of it. No basis

SierraRam

Recreational User
We got the best OL and best DL available; a versatile DB and serious upgrade at RB. We're looking at depth now at OL and DB, maybe a QB... RELAX!

We're a much better team now than we were 2 Johnny Goofball days ago.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Close the gap in the division.

Seattle lost some key players but reloaded via FA and draft.

9ers did as well.

Cardinals are looking very tough right now, possibly overcoming the 9ers.

Rams will probably have the best defense in the nfl but with only a solid offense. The OL will be improved but depth remains a major concern. I strongly dislike the Mason pick in the 3rd. Adding another OL or maybe even Moncrief would have been a better fit for the rams.

Rams are really counting on Quick, Baily, Britt to produce on the outside.

Why are you so negative? We are a run first offense. Quick and Company just need to be good enough.

laramsoriginal

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why are you so negative? We are a run first offense. Quick and Company just need to be good enough.

Negative or realistic?

We play in the toughest division in the nfl. We have to get better, doesn't matter if its via FA, draft, or player development.

Rams need Quick to make a leap towards being a capable nfl wr.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Negative or realistic?

We play in the toughest division in the nfl. We have to get better, doesn't matter if its via FA, draft, or player development.

We're only going to be playing in 2 WR sets. Quick will get his chances. But ultimately we have other, better, WR's to step in if he doesn't live up to his draft position.

If - and it will be - our running game is good, it takes A LOT of pressure off of Bradford and our WR's, because we'll be running more play-action.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Negative or realistic?

I dont think you are being negative, but i dont think a wr would help, not as long as schotty is here. If bradford remains healthy and has the numbers of last year, and out defense dominates, that will be better that the whiners and seahawks. And our running game will be better as well. We cant have a dominant offense and defense man. They are going for dominant defense with decent offense. That has shown to win championships. Like i said, i understand your pessimism, but it is a food formula if it works out.

fearsomefour

Legend
I certainly would not have gone Mason with that pick. I assume that all but seals Peads fate with the Rams. Was also disappointed to see Thomas go to SF. I was hoping to grab him later. But, that is the luxury of having multiple picks.