hate to say but rams have not done enough to

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Close the gap in the division.

Seattle lost some key players but reloaded via FA and draft.

9ers did as well.

Cardinals are looking very tough right now, possibly overcoming the 9ers.

Rams will probably have the best defense in the nfl but with only a solid offense. The OL will be improved but depth remains a major concern. I strongly dislike the Mason pick in the 3rd. Adding another OL or maybe even Moncrief would have been a better fit for the rams.

Rams are really counting on Quick, Baily, Britt to produce on the outside.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I understand your frustration with the Mason pick. However, I feel like he can definitely contribute as a change of pace back and our other three picks were brilliantly selected. I believe we have gained ground in our division but we always knew it wouldn't be a walk in the park. The most satisfying victories are against the most worthy opponents. If we can't play competitively within our own division then we had no shot in the playoffs anyway so it all starts here.

jjab360

Legend
It's impossible to tell what this imaginary gap looks like right now in this point in time, tbh. What I can say is that taking the schedule one game at a time with the talent we have right now, I like our chances against pretty much anybody. That Zac Stacy/Tre Mason 1-2 punch running behind the talent we have on that O-line, Donald joining an already ridiculous pass rush where the only thing missing was that interior pass rusher, all of our 2nd and 3rd year guys getting another year of experience under their belts, replacing the incompetent Tim Walton with the experienced and aggressive Gregg Williams.

I could keep going on and on but my point is that there's a million reasons for optimism right now, so no I can not share your viewpoint that there's no chance we catch up to the rest of the NFC West before the preseason even begins.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Draft's not over yet.

If Boudreau is as good as people here say he is (and I've heard here and elsewhere that he is), he'll pick out some great depth in later rounds and even UDFA.

In the meantime, Tre Mason would actually play in games without someone being injured first.

But I will agree that the Rams DO in fact need 1 or 2 more guys for the OL depth now.

laramsoriginal

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We can speculate right now with the talent on the roster. On paper, rams have not closed the gap. Fortunately games are played in real life, many variables affect the outcome of games.

In 3 weeks im flying to vegas for a mini vacation. I'll probably drop 200.00 on the Cardinals winning the division. Even though its only 200 I would not bet our rams to surpass all 3 teams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The 49ers have done an amazing job in this draft. Seattle's and Arizona's drafts have looked cruddy to me.

With a healthy Bradford and Long, I think this team can compete. We'll see. Injuries are the difference maker. Which of the four teams will get hit hard by injuries?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
As long as get some O-line depth, CB depth, and some MLB depth, I will be happy. CB depth being my #1 concern. Lots of good CB's still available too. We got our new LG, new DT to make our front four even better, our nickle cb/FS and our #2 RB.

I never expected the Rams to grab a wr and glad they didnt. They get players at those areas I mentioned and a late round QB and I will be happy.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
You also have to remember, the draft is not everything for this year, probably the biggest factor is last years and the years prior draft picks. They are coming into there 2nd and 3rd years.

Good coaching and player development is more important than anything basically.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I think the Rams have had the best draft in the division without a doubt. Seahags mailed the draft in. Whiners took a 2nd rd. safety in the first. Hyde was a good pick for them. then took a redshirt guy.
Zona is all over the place.
The Rams got 2 impact players in the first, filled a huge hole in the second and got a starting RB in the third.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
We can speculate right now with the talent on the roster. On paper, rams have not closed the gap. Fortunately games are played in real life, many variables affect the outcome of games.

In 3 weeks im flying to vegas for a mini vacation. I'll probably drop 200.00 on the Cardinals winning the division. Even though its only 200 I would not bet our rams to surpass all 3 teams.
I was in Vegas last week. The very last thing I did as I left the Mandalay Bay.... Twinny big ass dollars on the 25:1 Rams to win it all. Think bigger.

laramsoriginal

Starter
The 49ers have done an amazing job in this draft. Seattle's and Arizona's drafts have looked cruddy to me.

With a healthy Bradford and Long, I think this team can compete. We'll see. Injuries are the difference maker. Which of the four teams will get hit hard by injuries?

Cardinals will have major size advantage on our secondary. Floyd, fitz, and Niklas will pose problems to our secondary no doubt. Expecting them to throw a lot of jump balls for their mammoth wr's and TE

Boffo97

Name
Dave

I still have a personal theory that the Rams injury woes in the late 2000's and 2011 were due to building the Edward Jones dome on top of a Native American burial ground.

laramsoriginal

Starter
You also have to remember, the draft is not everything for this year, probably the biggest factor is last years and the years prior draft picks. They are coming into there 2nd and 3rd years.

Good coaching and player development is more important than anything basically.

Well in that case im freaking depressed. Quick and Pead have bust written all over them....thus far.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Without getting into the whole Bradford debate, I think a lot of people are discounting one huge addition to this offense that was missing for 4 of the 6 games last year against the divisional opponents. Say what you want but the FACTS are simply, this team is 5-2-1 in the Fisher era with Bradford under center. They were 0-4 without him last year.

Obviously, with the addition of Robinson, and having Saffold firmly entrenched at G, this entire Offense will take on a whole new look. Having Stacy, Cunningham and now Mason, the RB position is no longer the huge question mark it was at this time a year ago. And whether people want to acknowledge it or not, the FACTS are, WRs will develop with more experience.

This organization has invested heavily in that position since Fisher and Snead have been here, for me anyway, I truly believe there is plenty here already to be a much improved, and quite productive offense.

The idea is to score more points. With everything they had stacked against them last year, they still managed to score more points in any season since 2006. While it might not be the style of offense most have become accustomed to seeing, or hoping to see, the other teams in the NFC West don't seem to have issues with scoring, even though none of them will be confused with the high-powered aerial attacks found in other cities.

SF averaged a whopping 3.5 ppg more than we did last year. Again, that was without the guy who has a 5-2-1 record against those same teams.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Cardinals will have major size advantage on our secondary. Floyd, fitz, and Niklas will pose problems to our secondary no doubt. Expecting them to throw a lot of jump balls for their mammoth wr's and TE
There QB has to stay alive long enough to throw the ball. Kill the head and the body will die.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Well in that case im freaking depressed. Quick and Pead have bust written all over them....thus far.

So you evaluate 2 entire drafts, 17 players total on the TWO who you seem to think "have bust written all over them....thus far"? And that doesn't take into account the UDFA such as Hekker, Armstrong, McLeod, Cunningham, Harkey who have made significant contributions to the improvement of this roster.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

Not every player is going to pan out. If the player cant learn, it doesnt matter what the coaches do. This is Quicks make or break year IMO. Pead is done, and has been for a while IMO. Many of the other pics have panned out good though.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Not every player is going to pan out. If the player cant learn, it doesnt matter what the coaches do. This is Quicks make or break year IMO. Pead is done, and has been for a while IMO. Many of the other pics have panned out good though.
Pead might (repeat might) play out his contract before moving on due to special teams value.

But the Mason pick might make Pead regret any decision to buy a house in St. Louis. ;)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
We did close the gap, IMO. On paper we have the best DL in the league after this draft and an upper tier OL. That alone closed the gap considerably. The Niners are aging and Seattle did not replace all the players they lost.

Oh yeah, the Clemens era is over, as well.