Has Jared Goff watched these 2 videos?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I know JG has had plenty of things to occupy his time during the off-season but I wonder if he's watched these 2 videos from his 2016 NFL Season?

With today's social media networking, I'm sure he's been told about them. I only recently just watched them this weekend and they cover several of his worst and best moments.

I know it doesn't really matter if he's watched them but I'm pretty sure McVay has seen these videos in a much more in-depth, detailed production, as well as all of the missing snaps in-between.

You have to click the "Links" (not the play button) to watch the videos...

The "Worst" of Jared Goff in 2016

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyq_dfVung8

The "Best" of Jared Goff in 2016

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_0z8vw-H5k

Louis Riddick On Mike & Mike about Goff's 2016 season

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyKUdX0R8gU

temp170602_OTAGallery_040--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

temp170602_OTAGallery_002--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
If he has he's one up on me :)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Mark My Words Gentlemen...Jared Goff's ascension under Sean McVay & Company will cost Jeff Fisher any opportunity for another Head Coaching gig even at the collegiate level. If Fisher ever works in football again, it bill be assisting his son Brandon in some capacity.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
OL was awful. Rob H beat like a drum. You can see him favoring his right foot. Barnes getting pushed back into the pocket. GRob unsure of what to do.

I know,:deadhorse:.

Ram65

Legend
O Line was poor. Goff was a little slow in reads too. He has to have a little better internal clock. Did show some good instincts moving around. Overall it was good that he got the experience and wasn't hurt.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I know one thing, he was horrid his rookie year as well and like him or not has two super bowl rings..Eli Manning.
I'll take it.

Edit- Not to mention he had some bad throws but most of that first video the OL was just plain bad.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If he has he's one up on me :)
Ditto!!
Mark My Words Gentlemen...Jared Goff's ascension under Sean McVay & Company will cost Jeff Fisher any opportunity for another Head Coaching gig even at the collegiate level. If Fisher ever works in football again, it bill be assisting his son Brandon in some capacity.
I completely agree, and have no doubt your right!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
O-line - Horrid on both the worst and best videos. Even with that, he shows an ability to get the ball out ultra quick with a defender about to drill him. So while some may look at that and be discouraged, I am encouraged.

I also loved the first pass to Gurley they showed. That glide into another gear is a thing of beauty. It's something you just don't see in many RBs and it is something that defenders don't see happening until he's past them. I don't think Gurley is going to outrun everyone on the field for 50 yards very often but when he is 5-10 yards past the LOS? Watch out. 10 yards becomes 25 in a heart beat. I think that is the Gurley we will see more of this season.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
OL was awful. Rob H beat like a drum. You can see him favoring his right foot. Barnes getting pushed back into the pocket. GRob unsure of what to do.

I know,:deadhorse:.

ADD IN THE PASS CATCHERS RUNNING THE WRONG ROUTES OR JUST SLOPPY ROUTES IN GENERAL.A disaster in general across the board. Add a new good LT and an up grade at the centre spot will help the line in more why then 1...

fearsomefour

Legend
O-line - Horrid on both the worst and best videos. Even with that, he shows an ability to get the ball out ultra quick with a defender about to drill him. So while some may look at that and be discouraged, I am encouraged.

I also loved the first pass to Gurley they showed. That glide into another gear is a thing of beauty. It's something you just don't see in many RBs and it is something that defenders don't see happening until he's past them. I don't think Gurley is going to outrun everyone on the field for 50 yards very often but when he is 5-10 yards past the LOS? Watch out. 10 yards becomes 25 in a heart beat. I think that is the Gurley we will see more of this season.
I agree about the line being bad.
Goff has a long way to go in terms of not holding the ball and getting it out on time.
That said, the O was so disfunctional it would have been hard to do that consistently.
I am very optimistic about him going forward and I think there is a benefit to him taking lumps last year.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Ouch - our o-line was totally clueless last season - why wasn't Bordeau shown the door mid way through the season??

Negatives:
1. O-line: total mess, that was embarrassing to watch.
2. Goff didn't look like he knew where those pass rushers were coming from, didn't seem to be aware in the pocket - I hope this improves
3. Britt looked good in these highlights, big WR - who's going to step into that role?

Positives:
1. Goff took his hits well, shows physical strength and endurance
2. Gurley looked awesome as a pass-catcher, I can see his total yards sky-rocketing with McVay - I'm excited about this, maybe he'll be taking over the big physical receiver spot left by Britt?
3. Goff release and accuracy (on a couple of occasions) were a thing of beauty.

and last but not least...
4. We'll have an offensive system this year, one which is tailored to the strengths of the team and players, not trying to shoehorn these guys into something they're not.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What the hell? Worst qb of all time?

What bozo made that video. The bozo.