Has anyone heard, Who are the Ref's!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This week-end is a very, very important game! It may come down to the Ref's, weather they call a Ton of Penalties or "Let them Play"! So Has anyone heard who the Rams have Drawn this week-end vs the Cards.!? IDK!! But I would like to know in advance!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.footballzebras.com/2016/09/27/week-4-referee-assignments-2016/

Gene Steratore

Steratore worked his first NFL playoff game as a referee between the Arizona Cardinals and the Carolina Panthers on January 10, 2009, at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina. Exactly one year later, he refereed the Baltimore Ravens' 33–14 victory over the New England Patriots in an American Football Conference (AFC) Wild Card match at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts.

Steratore was involved in a controversial instant replay call during week 1 of the 2010 NFL season between the Detroit Lions and the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field in Chicago. Late in the fourth quarter, Lions receiver Calvin Johnson caught what was originally ruled as the winning touchdown for Detroit. However, Steratore conferred with the officials and overturned the call to an incomplete pass, ruling that Johnson lost control of the ball while going to the ground before he "completed the process of completing the catch".

The play was reviewed, but was upheld. The rule applied in this situation states, "If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone." Despite speculation that the Calvin Johnson ruling was incorrect, Steratore was supported by the NFL and backed by its former vice president of officiating, Mike Pereira, on Fox Sports. The rule has since been referred to as the "Calvin Johnson rule".

Steratore was selected as the first referee to officiate a game following the 2012 NFL referee lockout on September 27, 2012, a Thursday-night contest between the Cleveland Browns and the Baltimore Ravens. The Baltimore crowd cheered Steratore and his crew as they entered the field.

Steratore was named as referee for the NFC Championship game on January 19, 2014, between the Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers.

Steratore was also the referee during the Divisional Playoff game between the Dallas Cowboys and the Green Bay Packers on January 11, 2015, when a controversial fourth-quarter, fourth-down catch by Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant was overturned using the "Calvin Johnson rule".

On the play, Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo threw the ball towards Bryant, who was initially ruled to have caught the ball at the Green Bay 1-yard line. The Packers challenged the call and after review, it was determined that the ball touched the ground before Bryant completed the catch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Steratore

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Eh, we can't go into the game expecting the refs to decide it for us. We control our own destiny.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just wanted t make sure we where going to get a far minded set of Ref's vs one who call's too many penalties or favors the Home Team, Like in week #1!!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I just wanted t make sure we where going to get a far minded set of Ref's vs one who call's too many penalties or favors the Home Team, Like in week #1!!

Pretty sure it has more to do with us being poorly prepared in week 1 than it does the refs. Don't get me wrong, Vinobitch's officiating was garbage but Fisher is notorious for piss-poor preparations in Week 1 unless it's divisional rivals (see 2013 vs Cards and 2015 vs Seahawks)

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Pretty sure it has more to do with us being poorly prepared in week 1 than it does the refs. Don't get me wrong, Vinobitch's officiating was garbage but Fisher is notorious for pee pee-poor preparations in Week 1 unless it's divisional rivals (see 2013 vs Cards and 2015 vs Seahawks)

This year it was including divisional rivals. :sneaky:

Bruce2980

Starter
Eh, we can't go into the game expecting the refs to decide it for us. We control our own destiny.
Yes, that what the suit case full of cash is for. As long as Fisher makes sure it gets into the hand of the refs, prior to the game, at the prearranged time, then the destiny of the outcome of the game is in the Rams hands. Obviously this arrangement did not go as planned in San Francisco, there was a snag between the time and the place. The suit case was not delivered. Fisher made the mistake of entrusting it to someone else and has promised to not make that mistake again.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I like Gene and friends. Probably one of the better crews.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

So this is how you pick your games and win all the time? lololol

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a fan of Steratore. But he's not on my shit list. If we have Vinobitch or Tripleshit, you know it's going to be a long day.